flat screen TVs - which ships

odiesam

Do any of the Carnival ships have flat screen TVs in the cabins? We are looking at sailing one of the ships that has the big movie screens - Valor, Liberty, Splendor or the Freedom - is that right? Do any of these ships have flat screen Tvs in the cabins?

Thanks.

Splendor and Freedom are the newer ships and have them in the staterooms.

The Valor was dry docked a few of years ago...when they added the outside big screen. I don't know if they upgraded the cabin TVs.

Valor did not upgrade the TVs in the cabin during its last dry dock.

Do any of the Carnival ships have flat screen TVs in the cabins? We are looking at sailing one of the ships that has the big movie screens - Valor, Liberty, Splendor or the Freedom - is that right? Do any of these ships have flat screen Tvs in the cabins?

Thanks.

Inspiration had them Liberty and Destiny did not....

Hopefully you don't spend that much time in your cabin to worry about it...;)

What do you do - spend all the time on your cruise sitting in your cabin watching TV?

DON

No... duh, obviously they also spend time watching the big screen on the lido deck since they are wanting to book a ship with a big screen too :p:p LMAO

We were on VICTORY early November

the TV in the cabin seemed to be the older CRT style(cathode ray tube?)

it was recessed into a cabinet so I really can't verify that -although I'm fairly sure..

but up on deck there was a biiig TV

DaBigTV-228.jpg

Now that is a TV...I can only imagine the size of the remote control to work that one!

Just off Glory Dec 13 and they still have older picture tube TVs. Everyone has a different reason for cruising and for my wife and I it is just to spend time together. It may be on deck, dining, or just sitting in the room. I stay in Atlanta during the week and our farm is near Athens--that means we are separated for 5 days and the time together is special. We bring movies and recorded tv shows to watch together---it would be nice if all had decent tvs but we understand that is low priority for most cruisers.

We were on VICTORY early November

the TV in the cabin seemed to be the older CRT style(cathode ray tube?)

it was recessed into a cabinet so I really can't verify that -although I'm fairly sure..

but up on deck there was a biiig TV

DaBigTV-228.jpg

Thanks.

The Conquest will get the big screen in January when it goes into drydock for two weeks.

Thanks for the responses.

We have sailed on 7 cruises and have visited most of the ports on the itineraries we are considering. Times are tough and this next cruise will not involve pricey extras for us. We enjoy crashing late afternoon for a nap and some lazy TV watching in the cabin. We are looking at best value for the price - flat screen TVs would just be icing on the cake - we don't see a big difference in the Freedom, Liberty and Valor other than age. That's why I asked.

Any preferences among these 3? Freedom is only 6 days. All 3 are sailing out of Florida during April which should ensure decent weather regardless of which one we choose.

Do any of the Carnival ships have flat screen TVs in the cabins? We are looking at sailing one of the ships that has the big movie screens - Valor' date=' Liberty, Splendor or the Freedom - is that right? Do any of these ships have flat screen Tvs in the cabins?

Thanks.[/quote']

The Splendor has flat screens but I could not tell you what was on. I did have it on Channel 6 (the Splendor's channel), but only for the noise. I couldn't care less about TV, I am on vacation and there is just way to much to do on the ship.

You sail to watch TV, kinda of expensive isn't it?

Thanks.

I was surprised that the Liberty had the old style TV's. We don't spend alot of time in our cabin but we do take rest periods & hubby is always holding the remote. We catch up on ship videos & shows on TV if we have missed them. Can't be everywhere.

Archived