First Cabins up front-- Are they very windy?

C&F

I just booked B202 on the CB in July. This is the very first cabin in the front of the ship on the Baja deck. I got a great rate, but the cabins were very slim pickings. Has anyone ever stayed in a cabin right up front? Is it very windy? Also, are there partitions on the side of the cabin as with all balconies, or are you able to look forward as well?

Thanks for any info,

F

We were in L206 on the Caribbean Princess and didn't notice any wind that was out of the norm. However we did feel movement being so far forward. Not anything to cause distress but it was more there then midship.

Enjoy your cruise.

-Andrew:)

I just booked B202 on the CB in July. This is the very first cabin in the front of the ship on the Baja deck. I got a great rate, but the cabins were very slim pickings. Has anyone ever stayed in a cabin right up front? Is it very windy? Also, are there partitions on the side of the cabin as with all balconies, or are you able to look forward as well?

Thanks for any info,

F

If it is on the side no, if it is facing forward yes. :)

We have stayed forward like that and I didn't feel it was anymore windy.

If it is the first balcony then one side will have a steel wall and the other a partition.

Thanks for the replies. I have no problem with the movement, sometimes I rather enjoy it. At first I wasn't crazy about the location. I got spoiled last year on the Riviera Deck right near the Terrace Bar and breakfast from Horizon Court right on our balcony. This year I figure we're so far from everything, it's a good way to burn all the calories I drink..I mean eat!!

Thanks again,

F

We were upgraded one time to the family suite, which is the first cabin toward the front of the ship on the Dolphin deck, but located on the side of the ship. There was no wind break of any kind at the front of the balcony and the balcony was VERY windy when underway. Since this was an Alaskan cruise it made it virtually unusable for me, though my DH spent a lot of time out there. Let me say though, my DH is a man who loves to hike and camp in the middle of winter!

• 2 weeks later...

We had a forward facing cabin of the TP and it was pretty bad. No wind but too much motion as it turned out. We were lucky to get an amidships suite a few days into the cruise, otherwise I don't know what we would have done as my wife became pretty sick with all the motion we felt being up front. It didn't bother me save for having to be care about walking. :D

We were in C107 on the CB a few years ago.

Windy? Yes. More windy than rooms a few down the line? Hard to say as I was never on their balcony.

We did not ever find that it made the balcony unusable. Maybe if you wanted to play cards, sure, but we were still always able to go out and at least enjoy the view.

• 2 months later...

Something that hasn't been mentioned is that the balcony cabins in the front of the ship have sea spray all over the balcony rail glass. It makes it very hard to see anything when you are sitting on your balcony. On some cruises, they clean the glass in port, but it is cloudy again as soon as you get underway.

Cruised on the Ruby cabin B202. A lot more motion. And the crew is next door through a doorway. I didn't get sick, but really felt it at night.

Thanks for the info. Was there lots of noise due to crew? Do you mean it was their living quarters or a work area of some kind?

The motion and sea spray won't bother us. The price went down even more so I guess I'll just sacrifice those minor inconveniences.

Thanks,

Freddie

It was the crews living quarters. They had their families with them on vacation--babies etc. Never heard them at all. As far as the spray on the balcony. We never saw any. Our balcony was very clean. The other thing to mention, is that the bridge is right above you and you sometimes feel like you are being watched. Honestly, the only thing that botherered me was the feel of the ship. Can't explain it, you just feel it more and for me it affected my sleep this time. I have been midship, aft and bottom and have always slept great on the boat--but not this time. I am not sure why I was awakened so often. Maybe it was noise that I didn't realize or maybe it was the motion. But it bothered me so much that I will not book a forward cabin again. Just my opinion.

Very far forward and aft will experience more motion than something midships---think of a see-saw!

And yes--it will be windy when the ship is moving (unless the ship is in reverse!!!!!!) Just stick your head out of your car window while going 25 mph!

I kind of look at it as the outside deck above the bridge. Yes, it is not sheltered by anything around it, but it is the farthest forward deck, except for the crew's pool. This is a great deck during sailaway, but it is closed off while at sea due to high winds. So, I am assuming the far forward cabins would share the same amount of wind. :confused:

I kind of look at it as the outside deck above the bridge. Yes, it is not sheltered by anything around it, but it is the farthest forward deck, except for the crew's pool. This is a great deck during sailaway, but it is closed off while at sea due to high winds. So, I am assuming the far forward cabins would share the same amount of wind. :confused:

OMG yes - you're so right! The deck above the bridge is fine for sailaways or docking, but while at sea, look out - it's enough wind to practically knock you over! I can only imagine having one of the most forward balconies on this deck...it seems like it would be terrible! :eek:

Archived