promenade room

fisher joe

have pr #6253 on the voyager of the seas, was wandering about any excess noise being on top the promanade cafe and next to the elevator. really like the idea of the promanade room also close to stairs and i flight up from cafe makes it real easy to get our caffine fixes in the morning. I know the room hallway is separated from the elevator lobby area, but was wandering about any noise from the elevator itself or people going in or out of it. Actually booked the most inexpensive inside gaurantee and was fortunate to get "upgraded".

We have this same cabin for our april cruise.....and got it the same way....through inside gty.

I posted a similar question several weeks ago and from the responses am cautiously optimistic. Most said that unless you're directly over one of the bars the noise is minimal and that there is enough space and sound buffer to prevent the elevators from being a problem. This will be our first PR cabin and am excited.

Anyone think that maybe on some new ship the PR windows will be balconys? That would be great for people watching.

Anyone think that maybe on some new ship the PR windows will be balconys? That would be great for people watching.

As a matter of fact on the Oasis they ARE balconys. In fact there are so few PRs left, the PRs cost more than a balcony overlooking the ocean. Yep, I couldnt believe it either.

Oceanfront Balconys are $1059 and the PRs have dropped to $1089, started off at $1199 (who are they kidding?) , at least this is the price on the week Im booked. :eek:

We have this same cabin for our april cruise.....and got it the same way....through inside gty.

I posted a similar question several weeks ago and from the responses am cautiously optimistic. Most said that unless you're directly over one of the bars the noise is minimal and that there is enough space and sound buffer to prevent the elevators from being a problem. This will be our first PR cabin and am excited.

We have been assigned this same room(through and inside gty) for our Feb. cruise. I am excited about the location. I used the search feature to find out what I could about it, and found no negative. People loved being so close to the cafe.

Marie

We had a promenade room on deck 8 in September on the Mariner, and while I cannot answer your question about noise where your room is, I can tell you that when the parades come thru you will hear them loud and clear. It's usually around 10 pm or so and they had 2 of them on our 7 day cruise. I was still up and watched them from the room, but our friend in the next room tried to go to sleep early one night and the parade woke him up.

being able to watch the parades from our room is a plus for us. also a big plus is being very close to the stairs and only 1 flight up from the cafe. Was on floor seven at mid ship last year and it was a long walk to get coffee in the morning. excited about the PR always stayed in interiors, once in outside and perferred the darkness of the interior over the "portholes". like to people watch therefore making the PR sound really nice.

Archived