Celebrity Guests We are so lucky..and Thanks

RhondaPerr

It struck me as I was reading ever word of every post about the Solstice, how blessed we are to still be able to do such things as cruises. While millions of people are trying to find jobs and survive our damaging economy. Thanks goes out to the hosts who keep this board going, and to the people who try to give us the most honest and accurate accounts of their travel experiences.... To the people who remind us not to sweat the small stuff...

Happy Holiday!

Rhonda

21st cruise on Solstice April 12, 2009

Rhonda....I often think that we sometimes get caught up in the little stuff (the whining and complaining) and do forget how blessed we are. It's important, not only at this time of year, but all year to remember this.

To all my cruise critic friends and our Hosts, a very Happy Holiday Season and a Healthy and Happy New Year.

Joy

Thanks for the kind and gentle reminder of our good fortune.

Back when I was in school, I was broke. Flat broke. Sometimes had to decide between a can of beans or a can of corn for 2 days' worth of meals.

Now, I occasionally have a sense of wonder when I'm in a grocery store or restaurant... it's no longer "What can I afford?," but "What would I LIKE?" Worlds apart, and I'm incredibly grateful.

Happiest of Holidays to you ALL!!!!!

Well said.

Leaving tomorrow on Century and am planning to enjoy every second of it.

Enjoy your cruise:).......I have sailed her 4 times

and she is a lovely vessel.

If you by any chance meet a man named George..he is

from Portugal and is the Restaurant Manager, tell him

Lois says hello:)

Thanks and A Very Happy Holiday to you and yours:)

It struck me as I was reading ever word of every post about the Solstice, how blessed we are to still be able to do such things as cruises. While millions of people are trying to find jobs and survive our damaging economy. Thanks goes out to the hosts who keep this board going, and to the people who try to give us the most honest and accurate accounts of their travel experiences.... To the people who remind us not to sweat the small stuff...

Happy Holiday!

Rhonda

21st cruise on Solstice April 12, 2009

Hi Rhonda, great post...wishing you and your family

a Happy Holiday:)

You are spot on.....I am lucky and know it...the company

I have been working for over the past 18 years gave us

REALLY NICE Christmas Bonuses...talk about a surprise:D

Hi Rhonda, great post...wishing you and your family

a Happy Holiday:)

You are spot on.....I am lucky and know it...the company

I have been working for over the past 18 years gave us

REALLY NICE Christmas Bonuses...talk about a surprise:D

I am so thankful that someone has brought up this point. Taking a cruise on a nice ship is definitely a well earned privilege.

With everything going on today its a miracle the cruise lines are still operating! I like cruises because I like being at sea. When the chef has to prepare 2500 meals three times a day, one cannot expect a Michelin 3 star experience. When you have to squeeze thousands of passengers onto a floating barge, you cannot expect a grand hotel.

What one should expect is a clean, attractive ship with a friendly staff and a lovely sea breeze. From what I read, X provides just that and I look forward to my 04 Jan sailing on the Solstice. I could care less if the waffles may not be sublime for some, or if there may not be enough elevators. I should use the stairs anyhow.

I really don't give a flip if the seating arrangement in the Michael's Club isn't what it used to be. What I do care about is a lovely setting, a friendly crew and a fun group sitting at my table.

Thank goodness for cruising!

Finally a thread that no one can not turn into a negative!!! (Or can it?)

Happy Holidays all!!!!

One would think......:D but I would say don't hold your breath:eek:;)

Happy Holidays back at you:)

Archived