Difficult to get a taxi at the Manhattan cruise terminal?

sonnenuntergang

Yes, it's organized and you won't have to wait more than about 20 minutes.

Your worse case scenario, is that one person stays with the luggage by the terminal and the other walks across the street to get a taxi and then brings it back to the terminal. I doubt it would come to that, but it's an option....just in case.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello cruisers!

I would just like to know if it is difficult to catch a cab at the cruise terminal in Manhattan when the ship has arrived - how long do you have to wait approx.?

Thanks for you answers:-)

I would say no more then 90 Minutes or so...:o Miami would be much quicker.. A person and a child could drive to a Miami Beach Much quicker from a "Fortune House" hotel then the wait for that cab.. As you said, "I just had to"..:D;)

Question-I we take a taxi from the pier instead of the cruise ship transfers, do you think it is possible to make a 12:30 flight out of EWR? If we can not make this flight, our next flight home is not until 6 p.m.-Yuk!

• 4 weeks later...
Question-I we take a taxi from the pier instead of the cruise ship transfers, do you think it is possible to make a 12:30 flight out of EWR? If we can not make this flight, our next flight home is not until 6 p.m.-Yuk!

I would think that a taxi is quicker than the bus transfer. With the bus, you have to wait until everyone boards, and then there are probably multiple stops for various airlines once you get to the airport.

If you find that the taxi line is long and there are few taxi's coming (not likely) you can always send your traveling companion out to the street to catch a taxi and drive back into the port area to pick you and the luggage up.

assuming your ship arrives around 8am you should have no problem with a 12:30pm flight

Another option is to use a car service. Last Sept. on our Dawn cruise there was a fire at the pier during disembarkation. With half of NYFD there traffic was all screwed up. After clearing customs I called a car service (I used CarmelLimo), walked across the street, and they were there in 15 minutes. The cost is about the same as a taxi.

If there is more than one cruise ship in port the whole process can get chaotic. We arrived once with three ships in port:eek:. If you are in a hurry, I would stay downstairs and walk right out the terminal inland two streets (11th ave) and hail a cab. Even with our luggage, we were able to pick up a cab in 10 minutes from the time we left the terminal.

Since RCI moved to Bayonne and Princess/Cunard moved to Brooklyn, things are much better.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Hello cruisers!

I would just like to know if it is difficult to catch a cab at the cruise terminal in Manhattan when the ship has arrived - how long do you have to wait approx.?

Thanks for you answers:-)

If you book early you should be able to get a BIG BROWN CRAZY LHAMA for you to be able ride through Manhattan's street's with NO PROBLEM ! :D Just remember to reserve QUICK as they book fast ! Have fun on your trip..:)

Archived