Sail Away from Ft Lauderdale

ILOVEMEXICO

Absolutely! Just about every cruise has a Sailaway Party. I've never sailed from San Juan and I know the sailaway is much later, probably after dinner. Sailaway in FLL is before dinner, so from what I have experienced, it is about an hour or so and then most people head back to change for dinner. We always choose anytime dining so we take our time getting back to our cabin and do a bit of a bar crawl to keep the sailaway party going. Many others do the same!

Enjoy!!

F

FLL sailaways are great!!! I love seeing the people in those apartment buildings having cocktail hour on their balconies and sending the ships off (cheering, waving, air horns, ship flags). Great fun on both sides of the shore!!!

FLL sailaways are great!!! I love seeing the people in those apartment buildings having cocktail hour on their balconies and sending the ships off (cheering, waving, air horns, ship flags). Great fun on both sides of the shore!!!

I love watching them too, such fun spotting the Princess flags and having them so excited for us :) Wish I could live there but I would want to be on every ship leaving port:p;)

We've only sailed from FLL once (in 2001), but the people on shore certainly made it memorable. Does the guy still shoot the cannon off?

Add\us to the list of those who enjoy sailaway from Fort Lauderdale. Other ports have had people waving, but nothing beats the condo dwellers waving and cheering and flashing their lights as you head out to sea......

Yes the people in the condos do make a great memory. I remember a dog at the foot of the break water barking at the ship as if he was wishing us Bon Voyage! He was running back and forth and we were laughing. Little things like that stick with you and add to the cruise memories.

Enjoy,

F

Being on the Caribe Deck, you have the largest balcony to enjoy it on!! If you have never had one, they are the best-the largest and half covered/half uncovered. If you have never done the Ultimate Balcony Dining, this is the time to do it!!

Enjoy,

F

Sail away from your balcony is a nice way to start your cruise. I love the people on shore waving and us waving back. :) It is fun to ease into the cruise and if you want to put it this way.... More intimate on your deck with a loved one or if you will calmer than on deck with the party.

There is a nice sail-a-way party. Your ship will likely be among several leaving about the same time. On weekends the locals give a nice party for the ships as they leave the harbor. Several people in the highrise condos put out flags including the Princess flag. Depending on the time of year you might have a nice sunset as you leave.

1843438459_FLLCBLeavingHarbor1-13-08.jpg.b2fa93c58d5876fc952ee7915f363edb.jpg

1263903734_FLLCondoFlags.jpg.9030aab0baea0f9942d5809212737043.jpg

548883444_FLLBeachfromship1-13-08.jpg.7e730366298ae9ae360c714bd02ae219.jpg

158878386_FLLCBSailawayParty.jpg.2d3b72e1cc86150fcf1002eb6272726b.jpg

755271514_FLLSunset1-13-2008.jpg.50968a9d6303d78d475c050adfe6eae2.jpg

Great photos! Thanks for sharing.

I wonder if the condo dwellers ever get complacent about having all those beautiful ships sailing by their windows every week?

I think it would be a great excuse for a regular Sunday afternoon get-together (as long as it is a byob....)

Archived