Problem with Millennium February cruise???

Photogirl

I'm booked on the Auckland to Sidney 2-15-09 Cruise & have gone to the Roll Call Board to meet some of the folks that will be on my cruise.

However, there seems to have been only 1 or 2 posts per month for the last 18 months Is anyone else on this cruise??? From the lack of interest on the Boards, I kind of feel like I might be sailing almost alone.

Is there something odd about this particular cruise and sail date that I don't know about?

As a solo traveler, I was hoping to connect with others interested in booking independent tours. However, with the way things look at the moment, I'm now concerned that there won't be enough interest on this cruise for even Celebrity to run their more pricey land excursions.

Does anyone have any idea of what might be going on?

Heey cruisemate, my girlffriend and I will join you on this cruise :D

Don't worry, you are not alone, it will be a great cruise!!!

The ship is almost full, so there is no need to panic. Next week I'm going to do some research, maybe we are renting a car, I have no idea. I you have any suggestions, please let us know ;)

My guess is that a majority of your fellow cruisers will be from outside the USA, and may not know about Cruise Critic. Unless I'm wrong, I would bet that less than 5% of all cruisers know that this site even exists. Don't worry, you won't be alone.

Looking forward to our trip . We will be on the Millie, Feb 15. We are flying in a day early and are staying at The Stamford Plaza. Does anyone have any info on the hotel? Hopefully we will have enough people to join us for our Cruise Critic Party. Jacket

Hi Floris, very good to hear that you enjoy your cruise. I noticed that you sailed the Millennium a number of times. Do you still love her, is she still a beauty? I don't mind some wear and tear, but I once sailed on the Galaxy and she was in a very bad shape. Despite of the "shabby" exterior and all the other things which were broken, we had a superb cruise.

I'm on Millennium now and all is well, very well I might say :D Excellent service, great food, beautiful itinerary... You'll have a blast!

Floris

Its so nice to finally hear something positive about Ms. Millie! We all know she is getting older but she is like a fine wine....better with age.

For the OP, don't worry if the roll call is slow, as was said not everyone belongs to or knows about CC. You will be fine.

I'm booked on the Auckland to Sidney 2-15-09 Cruise & have gone to the Roll Call Board to meet some of the folks that will be on my cruise.

However, there seems to have been only 1 or 2 posts per month for the last 18 months Is anyone else on this cruise??? From the lack of interest on the Boards, I kind of feel like I might be sailing almost alone.

Is there something odd about this particular cruise and sail date that I don't know about?

As a solo traveler, I was hoping to connect with others interested in booking independent tours. However, with the way things look at the moment, I'm now concerned that there won't be enough interest on this cruise for even Celebrity to run their more pricey land excursions.

Does anyone have any idea of what might be going on?

My husband and I are on this cruise and our Roll Call has been very slow compared to others. I have been watching the Celebrity site for our sailing and there appears to be a lot of open cabins. From reading other threads it seems that as the date gets closer they will sell off the extras at reduced rates to attract a local market. Keep your eye out for a bargain if and when the prices drop.

We're on this cruise and just starting research. We're doing the Feb. 1 and 15 cruises back-to-back. The cruise deals got too good to pass up, and frequent flyer seats were still available last week. It was a rare chance for a long trip for not too much cash.

We're on this cruise and just starting research. We're doing the Feb. 1 and 15 cruises back-to-back. The cruise deals got too good to pass up, and frequent flyer seats were still available last week. It was a rare chance for a long trip for not too much cash.

You can save a lot of research by looking at the Roll calls now near sailing, and the Port section of CC message boards. I thought ours was slow, went weeks without any posts!.

My DH and I were on the Millie this past June and she was in fine shape! Having been on the Infinity first, we were already familiar with her. We just love the M-class size ships and I'm sure you will enjoy her just as much as we did. They were constantly doing upkeep, painting the railings on our balcony, varnishing the wood, cleaning windows.....etc. She was very clean. Have a great time!

Hi Floris, very good to hear that you enjoy your cruise. I noticed that you sailed the Millennium a number of times. Do you still love her, is she still a beauty? I don't mind some wear and tear, but I once sailed on the Galaxy and she was in a very bad shape. Despite of the "shabby" exterior and all the other things which were broken, we had a superb cruise.

Hi Sheik (landgenoot?),

Millennium is in significantly better shape than a year ago. They did quite some work on her, for example, deck 10 (the pool deck) has been resurfaced with teak wood, all railings and wooden tables have just been varnished, chairs/barstools in public spaces have received new fabrics/leather, etc. I didn't notice any significant problems, but do feel the carpets in the staterooms and stateroom corridors need to be replaced... and apparantly they will, during May's drydock. I was also told all staterooms will receive flat screen tv's at that time. Too late for you, but those booked on an Alaska cruise next summer will be in for a treat...

Finally, nothing is more personal than someone's taste for food, and there has been a lot of complaining on these boards about the new menu's. I actually enjoy the new menu's, and frequently order 2 appetizers and 2 deserts... Oh dear... :p

Cheers -

Floris

Hi Floris (idd landgenoot ;)),

Thanks for your valuable update! Good to hear that she is looking good for her age. I'm very interested in the tours/independent operators you've booked during your cruise. But first, enjoy your cruise.

Oh by the way, what is the weather like?

Oh by the way, what is the weather like?

It was generally nice, as in good skies, but on the cool/windy side at times. Not good for a lot of deck action, but good for being out and about and seeing things.

BTW, the role call for this cruise was also relatively quiet, and wound up with under 10 attendees for the CC get-together (although it only occurred halfway through the cruise, which is unlikely to be repeated for the Feb cruise).

Archived