LIVE LIVE LIVE from the MARINER with MERION MOM for 53 DAYS!!!

Merion_Mom

If I'm outa line tonight.............it's because my DW..........is packed, and walking the house............and she has more than 24 hours to go. Her flight is not till noon on Saturday................and it's still Thrusday here!!

Then there is the airline ticket.......where all of the family is in seperate areas. One is in row 23, another in 25 and the last in row 27.

Welcome aboard US Airways!! What a great way to start a vacation.

However.......on the othe hand..........I got them one way tickets for just over $100.00 pp. Today they are $400.00 pp/

So, for a 3 plus hour flight..........where people are known to change seats to accompany people flying together.............I think that it will work out perfectly. It will work out if my DW and parents put their minds to it.

I can only do so much...........and I do everything on booking them.;)

Rick

Carol is also a teacher, I believe on sabbatical :D

Carol, thanks again for all of the updates, so very glad you are having a wonderful time.

###

You are correct..........Carol is on a sabbatical!!

Rick

And for those that know her........wish her Pax vobiscum!

If my spelling is off......I apologise

RICK!!!!!

Originally Posted by doris1930 viewpost.gif

Oh Lady,

No you are not out of line. Am surprised Rick was so slow to pick that up.

Rick is the one who has Jack in his room at all times.

Geez..........and all this time I thought you didn't know "Jack"!!

Were you looking in my drawers??:D:D

I'VE SEEN YOUR DRAWERS, NOT MUCH IN THEM:eek:

I hope that all is well with Yunus, and am just disappointed because I hadn't taken any pictures yet, and I was so pleased with his service that I was planning on giving him extra in the envelope on Saturday night. :(

Carol, I have had a similar experience with waiters changing mid-cruise. If you do the pre-paid gratuities, the computer will divide them up according to the number of days each served you. You may want to ask the headwaiter if Yunus is working elsewhere on the ship so you can extend an additional tip as you have indicated you wanted to do.

A big WOW to the DD's grad school. My DD went to Jefferson and her DH went to PCOM. Both are working at Lankenau (I bet you know where that is). They love Philly except one bad thing just happened while my DD was visiting me and her DH was working a 36 hour shift...their house was robbed. Nothing was trashed but they took the new biog screen TV, laptop and playstation. Missed the money that was laying out on the table, the new GPS and other Christmas presents. I guess it could happen anywhere, not just in Philly.

I know Lankenau very well. I've had surgery there several times. Top notch community hospital. It's such a shame about the robbery. In what neighborhood does your daughter live? Of course, it can happen anywhere.

It is just very strange not having a sea day today.

Of course, my daughter has *made* it a sea day for us..........she is still abed, trying to regain her "bearings". :rolleyes:

It's a shame - I really like Grand Cayman, and had planned to show her the island, since she had always gone scuba diving when we've been here. She wanted to go to Hell, the Turtle Farm, and swimming with the stingrays. Oh well - another excuse to book another cruise! ;)

Like you need an excuse...:eek::D

RICK!!!!!

Originally Posted by doris1930 viewpost.gif

Oh Lady,

No you are not out of line. Am surprised Rick was so slow to pick that up.

Rick is the one who has Jack in his room at all times.

Geez..........and all this time I thought you didn't know "Jack"!!

Were you looking in my drawers??:D:D

I'VE SEEN YOUR DRAWERS, NOT MUCH IN THEM:eek:

Just Jack!;):D

Some of my best trips were with my daughter with all respects to my DH. My daughter introduced me to cosmos at the wedding of my friends daughter. I think I had four of them when my then unattached daughter asked me if she could have a Vera Wang gown and four dozen roses at each table. Of course after four cosmos and because she had not met Mr. Right yet I kept saying yes to everything within a year she had met Mr. Right and as we started her wedding plans she reminded me of everything I had agreed to. What a great kid she absolved me of all my promises. I am now the grandmother of two little boys seven and four and I guess our travels are over as a mother daughter team. Enjoy every minute of being with her.

Any mom with grown dghts will appreciate your story.

And yes the grandchildren. The best gift of all.

Laura

Carol, I have had a similar experience with waiters changing mid-cruise. If you do the pre-paid gratuities, the computer will divide them up according to the number of days each served you. You may want to ask the headwaiter if Yunus is working elsewhere on the ship so you can extend an additional tip as you have indicated you wanted to do.

I know Lankenau very well. I've had surgery there several times. Top notch community hospital. It's such a shame about the robbery. In what neighborhood does your daughter live? Of course, it can happen anywhere.

Like you need an excuse...:eek::D

I am going to visit my DD for the weekend. Her DH is on night shift. She lives in the Roxborough section which is usually very safe. She is in a very good neighborhood. They are getting an alarm system put in tomorrow and have their name on a list to adopt a dog. She is still scared to be home alone at night but it is getting better. It's not even a week since it happened so it'll take time.

A sabbatical!!!!!! I didn't even think of that. I am a teacher, too (31 years) and we too can take them for illness, schooling, or TRAVEL!!!!! I just hope to retire in 2 1/2 years...hopefully the economy will be better!!!

I probably won't be on the computer all weekend so once again I will have PAGES to catch up on!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

If I'm outa line tonight.............it's because my DW..........is packed, and walking the house............and she has more than 24 hours to go. Her flight is not till noon on Saturday................and it's still Thrusday here!!

Then there is the airline ticket.......where all of the family is in seperate areas. One is in row 23, another in 25 and the last in row 27.

Welcome aboard US Airways!! What a great way to start a vacation.

However.......on the othe hand..........I got them one way tickets for just over $100.00 pp. Today they are $400.00 pp/

So, for a 3 plus hour flight..........where people are known to change seats to accompany people flying together.............I think that it will work out perfectly. It will work out if my DW and parents put their minds to it.

I can only do so much...........and I do everything on booking them.;)

Rick

Rick, are they all booked on the same reservation? When you check them in 24 hours in advance (you are going to do that right?), see if you can move them then. Most airlines reserve a certain percentage of seats for check in. If you can't get them closer together at that time, get to the airport early to check bags and have them ask again at that time. And again at the gate. They'll have better luck doing it then than trying to get swapped around on the plane.

Rick, are they all booked on the same reservation? When you check them in 24 hours in advance (you are going to do that right?), see if you can move them then. Most airlines reserve a certain percentage of seats for check in. If you can't get them closer together at that time, get to the airport early to check bags and have them ask again at that time. And again at the gate. They'll have better luck doing it then than trying to get swapped around on the plane.

Thanks for your thoughts Wrona. What happened, Bobbie's mom and dad were together......but her dad needs an aisle seat.......at about 6 foot 2 plus inches. US Airways put them together in seats 25 A & B. That's the window and middle seat. Does not work!!:cool:

So.........I'll try again today at 1PM.......24 hours before their check in to try to put them together again.

If that does not work.........they are on thier own tomorrow morning at the airport. I think things will work out!!;):)

Rick

NEW kind. If you haven't sailed in December 2008, you haven't seen these. They now have SILVER cards if you are in a JS, and GOLD cards if you are in a full suite! The card also says SUITE in really big letters.

I sailed in a JS on Monarch in December and my card was the usual one. Probably have to wait for the port to use up its supply of cards. Or maybe since you got the card on the ship and not in the port that the ship has a different supply?

Carol, congratulations on your up-grade!!!! Can we peek into your ROYAL SUITE?? We'll be coming on board in Rio -- If you are tired of your digs by then, and I'm sure you will be -- we'll be glad to take it off your hands!

Really, looking forward to meeting a fellow teacher.:) Enjoy!

Carol, congratulations on your up-grade!!!! Can we peek into your ROYAL SUITE?? We'll be coming on board in Rio -- If you are tired of your digs by then, and I'm sure you will be -- we'll be glad to take it off your hands!

Really, looking forward to meeting a fellow teacher.:) Enjoy!

Carol scored a very nice upgrade!! It's actually the Royal Family Suite.....which are on the aft of the ship...........and what a way to see both sides, and enjoy a balcony that feels very little wind when underway.

Tomorrow (Saturday) is Carols last full day onboard........before she is off to the nearest laundrymat on Sunday.......then grocery shopping.......then off to get the last minute items..........as well as MOVE to her new digs!!:)

Someone needs to buy her a drink..........just to get her calmed down after such a stressful day!!

She could have the laundry done onboard..........but that would be too easy!!:D:D

My DW.......Bobbie will join her on Sunday........and I'm sure will chime in on some of the activities for the next 46 nights.

I'm looking forward to Carols postings........as I'm home for the next 30 days while my DW.........cruises!!:)

Rick

I sailed in a JS on Monarch in December and my card was the usual one. Probably have to wait for the port to use up its supply of cards. Or maybe since you got the card on the ship and not in the port that the ship has a different supply?

The SeaPass cards are all printed onboard the ship and not at the ports. I'm sure each ship will receive the new cards as their supplies are replenished.

The SeaPass cards are all printed onboard the ship and not at the ports. I'm sure each ship will receive the new cards as their supplies are replenished.

I think you may be incorrect on this one. I believe they are all printed at the Port and not on the ship.

Maybe someone who knows for 100% sure can answer?

well the ship has the capability to print them, they have to as pax lose them or deactivate all the time. But this isn't important. What's important is

Carol! What are you doing for fun!!!! Who have you met? How many trivia contests have you won! Did you find out what happened to Yunus..have you seen Capt Johnny on his scooter...how's the weather....

Some kid's card kept not working, and they had to keep replacing it, so today as compensation they gave him free internet and free arcade games for the rest of the cruise! :eek:

Ok, I ran into the Mom today and she said that it wasn't THAT much - it was a certain amount of internet and a certain amount for the arcade.

I just wanted to clarify that.

:)

Carol, the families probably booked before the policy change and were grandfathered in.

Wrona, that may be true for some, but not for all.

I talked to one couple, and they freely explained that they were part of a large family group, and the grandparents just told RC that they would cancel all 37 of them if they didn't allow the baby to sail.

RC caved.

I am going to visit my DD for the weekend. Her DH is on night shift. She lives in the Roxborough section which is usually very safe. She is in a very good neighborhood. They are getting an alarm system put in tomorrow and have their name on a list to adopt a dog. She is still scared to be home alone at night but it is getting better. It's not even a week since it happened so it'll take time.

A sabbatical!!!!!! I didn't even think of that. I am a teacher, too (31 years) and we too can take them for illness, schooling, or TRAVEL!!!!! I just hope to retire in 2 1/2 years...hopefully the economy will be better!!!

I probably won't be on the computer all weekend so once again I will have PAGES to catch up on!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Roxborough *is* usually a very safe area - that's where most of the Philadelphia Police and Fire Department live! :eek:

Archived