LIVE LIVE LIVE from the MARINER with MERION MOM for 53 DAYS!!!

Merion_Mom

am i the only one that thinks that 10% unbooked and 1 1/2 dining rooms empty per nite does not compute? there must be a lot more than 10% unbooked.:confused: am i missing something?

We wondered, too --- That's only about 300 people short, but still leaves 2800 or so. Seems strange.

am i the only one that thinks that 10% unbooked and 1 1/2 dining rooms empty per nite does not compute? there must be a lot more than 10% unbooked.:confused: am i missing something?

There must not be many 3rd and 4th berths taken which can affect the passenger count as well.

Phew!!!!!! 27 pages.:eek: Wish I'd started sooner but my 'puter was wonky.

Carol: Have a wonderful time. As I read your posts I'm sorry I cancelled this one. We would have been on our way today.

Congrats on the great up-grade.

I will be living vicariously through you for the next 46 days.

Carol:

We too had the Nelson Brothers on our AOS halloween cruise this past year. They had their "baby" brother Sam on vacation with them and they convinced him to join them on stage and sing with them.....OMG....he was so awesome and the 3 of them blend so well....I hope they perform several times for you on your trip. I will continue to read about your adventures.....have an awesome time:D!!

Well just got confirmation that they are turning away people without Brazil visa's. They will have to catch up with the ship. They are looking very closely at the dates on the Visa's when they are issued. They are taking passports for safe keeping.

Well just got confirmation that they are turning away people without Brazil visa's. They will have to catch up with the ship. They are looking very closely at the dates on the Visa's when they are issued. They are taking passports for safe keeping.

Well it isn't as if those people didn't get plenty of advance notice of this requirement. Apparently there were some who didn't read their cruise documents or who belong to the group of folks who don't believe that the rules apply to them. I am afraid we will be hearing from some of them who will be complaining that the were treated unfairly by RCI.:rolleyes:

Carol, Paul and Judy, and everyone else on this great adventure, have a wonderful time and let us know how it is going. We will be checking on you regularly. Bon Voyage.:)

Hey Dave........where was that thread about whether to take your passport off of the ship when you are ashore.....or not!! The ship may keep all passports till someone from Brazil checks every one.

I just talked with Bobbie, and so far there are about 20 people that do not have Brazilian passports. Royal Caribbean is talking about (and it is going to cost these people)......if there are enough that do not have their passport........to bus them down to Miami.....to the Brazilian Consulate, and then fly them on to St. Martin to rejoin the ship.

She has already run into Don & Pat, Len & Letty and Roger and Ivan.

More to follow!!

Rick

Bill.........I just read your message. We will keep everyone informed as to what RCCL is going to do.....or not do with the ones without the visas.

MAJOR news flash!

Just talked to Allan, the concierge.

This upcoming cruise is NOT fully booked.

THAT we knew.

They will not be using the Deck 5 dining room AT ALL !!!!!!!

Deck 4 of the dining room will only be open for main seating. Deck 3 will be the only level open for both main and second seatings.

Cabin attendants and MDR waiters are seriously worried about their income for the next 46 days!!!!!

Fascinating... I remember a few years ago here at CC a particular so-cal poster always talked about how economically stellar a Voyager class ship would be on the west coast. Sounds like it is so stellar very few were excited enough to take the historic voyage.

jc

Fascinating... I remember a few years ago here at CC a particular so-cal poster always talked about how economically stellar a Voyager class ship would be on the west coast. Sounds like it is so stellar very few were excited enough to take the historic voyage.

jc

JC.........I'm told that somewhere between 1000 and 1200 people are doing all three legs of the journey. I would have guessed more, but RCCL had some pretty steep prices for 2 of the 3 legs.

Rick

MAJOR news flash!

Just talked to Allan, the concierge.

This upcoming cruise is NOT fully booked.

THAT we knew.

They will not be using the Deck 5 dining room AT ALL !!!!!!!

Deck 4 of the dining room will only be open for main seating. Deck 3 will be the only level open for both main and second seatings.

Cabin attendants and MDR waiters are seriously worried about their income for the next 46 days!!!!!

I'm sure that sailing under capacity is due to folks finding out too late that they did indeed need Visas for Brazil.

Why don't people just read the information in their cruise documents.............or take responsibility for finding out what documentation is needed.:mad:

The "internet" has a wealth of information to be found.................you just have to search for it. And it doesn't cost anything either.

Hey Dave........where was that thread about whether to take your passport off of the ship when you are ashore.....or not!! The ship may keep all passports till someone from Brazil checks every one.

I just talked with Bobbie, and so far there are about 20 people that do not have Brazilian passports. Royal Caribbean is talking about (and it is going to cost these people)......if there are enough that do not have their passport........to bus them down to Miami.....to the Brazilian Consulate, and then fly them on to St. Martin to rejoin the ship.

More to follow!!

Rick

Bill.........I just read your message. We will keep everyone informed as to what RCCL is going to do.....or not do with the ones without the visas.

Rick, I think I remember reading it on the main RCCL thread.

Well it isn't as if those people didn't get plenty of advance notice of this requirement. Apparently there were some who didn't read their cruise documents or who belong to the group of folks who don't believe that the rules apply to them. I am afraid we will be hearing from some of them who will be complaining that the were treated unfairly by RCI.:rolleyes:

Carol, Paul and Judy, and everyone else on this great adventure, have a wonderful time and let us know how it is going. We will be checking on you regularly. Bon Voyage.:)

While I feel badly for those who didn't get their visa's, it is no ones fault but their own......your responsibility to get it! :eek:

Keep us posted on updates or new developments. THX.

JC.........I'm told that somewhere between 1000 and 1200 people are doing all three legs of the journey. I would have guessed more, but RCCL had some pretty steep prices for 2 of the 3 legs.

Rick

I'm with Carol...I can't help but feel for the crew...I cannot imagine having a whole floor of a Voyager Dining room EMPTY!:eek: Maybe if the economy had been a bit better, the ship would be sailing a bit more full...either way, ya'll have a great time!

While I feel badly for those who didn't get their visa's, it is no ones fault but their own......your responsibility to get it! :eek:

I would not want to be the one having to tell these folks that they cannot board the ship due to their own mistakes.:eek: Not going to be pretty.

I don't feel badly for those that didn't get their Visas. They should have researched what documentation was needed once they booked.

We had this same problem when we boarded Splendour last March in Valparaiso...............there were approximately 50 people that were denied boarding because of no Visa for Brazil. Some decided to return home, others payed $2000pp to be bused back to Santiago, stay in a hotel for several days, food, pay the expedited fees for getting their Visas processed and then the additional airfare to meet up with the ship in Punta Arenas.

And the folks that we met that were affected put the blame on RCI!

I don't feel badly for those that didn't get their Visas. They should have researched what documentation was needed once they booked.

We had this same problem when we boarded Splendour last March in Valparaiso...............there were approximately 50 people that were denied boarding because of no Visa for Brazil. Some decided to return home, others payed $2000pp to be bused back to Santiago, stay in a hotel for several days, food, pay the expedited fees for getting their Visas processed and then the additional airfare to meet up with the ship in Punta Arenas.

And the folks that we met that were affected put the blame on RCI!

Bobbie is trying to stay on top of how many people, by the end of the day are being either turned away.......or offered, for a fee to be taken to Miami to get expedited visas.........and then flown to St. Martin to catch up with the ship. Stay tuned!!

Rick

More to follow!!

Rick

Bill.........I just read your message. We will keep everyone informed as to what RCCL is going to do.....or not do with the ones without the visas.[/quote]

I don't think it has anything to do with RCI, it's the government of Brazil that is making the rules. From what I've read, Brazil requires a visa. A visa is the responsibility of the traveler, not the cruise line. If you (not you personally, anyone ;)) read through the cruise contract, this is clearly stated.

The information is readily available to anyone who pays any attention at all. I really think that if a person is traveling out of the country, they have a responsibility to investigate this and not leave it up to the cruise line or the travel agent (although I think many would advise).

I know I looked into it when we cruised the Med last year, for both countries we were visiting. It took me less than 2 minutes to see what countries required visas.

Archived