Get Your Independence Menus Here!

alansfreed

I can remember that on our first cruise in '91 we were able to buy a copy of all of our menus for the week... but that's not the case any longer. They want to encourage people to buy their cookbook now instead. Presumably it includes most of the menus available during sailings.

I took a different method to saving the menus... I photographed the menu each night before turning it back over to the waiter :)

To make things a bit more legible, I re-typed the dinner entrees for each night. I didn't copy all of the dessert and appetizer menus, but I did get all of the entrees available for our 6-night cruise last week:

Menus - 6 Night Christmas Cruise

Enjoy, and bon appetite! I'll have a full review with pictures in the next day or so.

Yup... the Christmas menu was different than normal, so I obviously have no idea what would have been served had it not been a holiday. The Christmas dinner was printed on a different style of menu, too. I, um, "borrowed" the printed sheet as a souvenir ;)

I'll assume that on 12/25 that was a special menu right?

Yup... the Christmas menu was different than normal, so I obviously have no idea what would have been served had it not been a holiday. The Christmas dinner was printed on a different style of menu, too. I, um, "borrowed" the printed sheet as a souvenir ;)

Borrowed. :D

So did you try the "wilted spinach"...it just sounds so yummy that I cannot contain my excitement. (yes, that's sarcasm...lol) ;)

Actually, that is indeed what I had for dinner that night, and it was quite good! They probably could have come up with a better word than "wilted," but it was good. Then again, earlier this summer I accidentally ate bull testicles while visiting Texas ("Mountain Oysters," my butt), so I guess my standards aren't that high.

So did you try the "wilted spinach"...it just sounds so yummy that I cannot contain my excitement. (yes, that's sarcasm...lol) ;)

Wow! Those don't offer the variety we are used to seeing. No filet on (night 2) formal night? I love the sea bass, but there is nothing on that menu my husband would eat. A couple of months ago on AOS we had much more expansive menus for every night. There was some sort of steak offered each night as well. I hope these diminished menus are only for shorter cruises!!

So the last night is the Lobster and Shrimp night? That's odd. Usually it's on a formal night (I think Captain's Dinner). It figures, that's the night I made reservations for Chop's because I didn't want to miss formal night and the lobster!!!!

Wonder if they rearranged the menu for the holidays that week. Guess i'll have to see if someone else will post the 6 day menu :rolleyes:

Thank-you for posting the menu! I was hoping to see a sneak peek before sailing. I have celiac diease ( no wheat, rye, barley, oats... plus no to so many other foods too...) and it is so difficult to travel - yes, can you imagine having to bring your own food on a cruise ship!

I am looking forward to traveling on the Independence, they assure me they will take good care of me. But, that is what the Carnival Liberty told me in May and they didn't :(

thanks soooo much-we are leaving in mid Feb. for the Indie 6 day and I was just wondering about the food-have not been on the Freedom class-sooo many people-sooo much food to prepare-what would be the best night for Portofinos' I wonder-could miss the lobster if it hasn't improved:O)

Borrowed. :D

Actually, wilted spinach is a rather common side dish, at least in New England. When I first heard of it, I thought it sounded like something out of the garbage, but it's actually quite good - spinach sauteed with garlic and olive oil.

Actually, that is indeed what I had for dinner that night, and it was quite good! They probably could have come up with a better word than "wilted," but it was good. Then again, earlier this summer I accidentally ate bull testicles while visiting Texas ("Mountain Oysters," my butt), so I guess my standards aren't that high.

LOL...are you saying you didn't like the "calf fries" as we really call them here?:eek::D Did they taste like chicken? I had some last week.

Oooops......almost forgot.....Thanks for posting the menu's!

Archived