Should I try Silversea????

Prada Cowboy

I have to disagree Lord of the Seas. I have never been hard sold anything on the luxe lines during a spa treatment. (Including Crystal, SeaDream, Seabourn, Regent...) I would, however, expect it on a mainstream line.

Host Dan

Dan,I have not had the experience but my wife has.She does enjoy a bit of sport with the spa staff,so no harm done.

Among other things, the Prada Cowboy wrote:

. . .All I want is good to fantastic quality and service, brilliant food also it's presentation, and a comfortible Suite with luxury amenities! For sure as well a fun crowd to sail with and hold conversations with. Now I am in my mid 30's, travelled the whole world and have seen it all. I go for the ride and not for the destinations.

I like to dress up, just not a fan of Tuxe's...I heard Silversea is very formal.

Would you think...I would like Silversea? If "YES", what Suite would you pick to try it out . . .

The Cowboy also noted that he didn't want to be nickel and dimed.

I think everyone has answered you well, Cowboy, but I have a couple of comments to add:

First, for me, Silversea is a spoiler. I can't afford to cruise with them every time, but now, when I cruise on mass market lines, it's a let down. No matter how nice the suite, mass market lines just don't measure up. I'm looking forward eagerly to my next Silversea cruise.

Second, the only real lowpoint on our 2005 9-night cruise on the Silver Whisper from Ft. Lauderdale to Barbados was the Mandara Spa. They lost our pre-reservations, and could not arrange the times we requested once we boarded. This turned out to be okay, because their services were no better than we've received on any other cruise line. So, we didn't re-reserve some of the treatments we'd requested once we experienced the spa.

Third, I did take a tux and enjoyed wearing it. It was fairly dressy for the Caribbean, but I didn't sense anyone looking down on guys who wore suits as opposed to tuxes. I found the passengers to be a friendly, interesting lot.

Finally, I'll just second what others have already told you: No cruise line is perfect, but Silversea really does do its best to provide topnotch service and products.

Hope this helps.

--Rich

Rich,

You echoed my sentiments.

I cannot cruise SS exclusively (I wish I could) but they did spoil me and no other cruise line lives up to my expectations after the SS cruise.

I am looking forward to our 30 day cruise in the Indian Ocean and I am sure I will not be disappointed.

Paul

I hope the pirates will be under better control by then .. meow! Have a nice voyage.

meow,

Thank you for your good wishes as well as your concern.

We'll be sailing from Seychelles to India to Dubai, thus staying away from the straights of Aden. However, I do realize that there is no such thing as a guaranteed safe trip to anywhere today. There is always potential danger out there but not enough to keep us from traveling.

First, for me, Silversea is a spoiler. I can't afford to cruise with them every time, but now, when I cruise on mass market lines, it's a let down. No matter how nice the suite, mass market lines just don't measure up.

How true this is Silver Pearl. After my recent trip, Silversea has totally wrecked my expectations for anything else:D

With that darn single supplement and the downturn in the Aussie Dollar, I can't imagine another trip on SS for awhile:(, will just have to be content with my next cruise on P&O.

Cheers

Ging466

Pcboy, SS spirit TA prices are now out...u can book the Spirit "maiden" TA for about the same per diem as your paying for the Regent Nav (about $280) ..altho SS TA starts 3 Jan vs 15 Nov...let me tell u on a TA..would much rather be on a lux ship with multiple dining venues (6 (SS)vs 2 (Nav))...anyway good time to try SS...this TA is a great deal..r/wes

Anybody have an idea of what the charge will be for dining in Seishen? that is the only thing that bothers me about the new ship. Two fee restaurants on what is supposed to be an all inclusive line. I understand Le Champagne because of the premium wines but an Asian restaurant?

I agree with Wripro - why the charge on the Asian restaurant??? We had wonderful sushi and sashimi about every other day in La Terrazza on the Cloud this past cruise, so why would they be charging on the new ship? Doesn't seem like a good way to start things.....

Hi Jennifer,

Read tour review of the Singapore to Sydney voyage and totaly agree with you, we were spoiled on that cruise. Sorry we did not meet but it is hard to find out who is who.

I am looking at the Spirit's TA in Januari 2010 and the prices are really good and single price is 125% at the moment so that is really a good bargain. Will decide what to do in 2 days. The hard thing is getting a good flight back to Amsterdam but I found one which is not to awfull.

I hope to see you some day on a Silversea voyage.

Cheers,

Maria

checked with SS home office on surcharge for Seishin, here is what they sent back

today:

Thank you for your e-mail!

The fees for dining in the Seishin Japanese Restaurant and the Le Champagne Wine Restaurant have not been set at this time.

Kindly check back with us closer to the sailing date.

Best Regards

Information Desk at Silversea

<Informationdesk@silverseacruises.com>

Hi Jennifer,

Read tour review of the Singapore to Sydney voyage and totaly agree with you, we were spoiled on that cruise. Sorry we did not meet but it is hard to find out who is who.

I am looking at the Spirit's TA in Januari 2010 and the prices are really good and single price is 125% at the moment so that is really a good bargain. Will decide what to do in 2 days. The hard thing is getting a good flight back to Amsterdam but I found one which is not to awfull.

I hope to see you some day on a Silversea voyage.

Cheers, Maria

Hi Maria

Yes I'm sorry that our paths didn't cross. Actually they probably did and we just didn't know it.:D

I got a quote last night for one of the other voyages on the Spirit but the Vistas are all booked and I can't afford a midship verandah on my own. There's only 12 Vista suites on the Spirit so I guess they go really quickly.

Cheers

Jennifer

Archived