Aquapac - What's the best size

ILOVEMEXICO

We are going on our next cruise aloneicon7.gif, so won't have anyone on shore to watch stuff when we want to swim togethericon9.gif. I'm looking at the various aquapacs but unsure of which size is best - will want to take ship card, credit card, copy of passport and some cash; would also like another which would also hold a small Sony cybershot camera.

Thanks for your suggestions....

If you're on a ship's excursion, you can leave your things in the transportation--it'll be fine. If you're at the beach, just ask one of your fellow "beach-goers" if they'll keep an eye out for your stuff--you can tell who is from your ship by the towels!

I usually just stick my credit card (the seapass will do no one any good!) and any little bit of cash into the pages of an old paperback book.

Ditto on the previous post.

We have a bag for our snorkels that we keep things in.

If on an excursion, things are fine left in the vehicle/boat.

If on your own, carry credit card/cash on your person at all times. My DH has swim trunks or shorts with zip up cargo pockets. We put everything in a ziplock bag to keep it dry, and it is on his person at all times! Towels, camera, books, etc... those just go in a pool bag of some sort.

When I got to the beach at home (Lake Michigan), I don't think twice about leaving things on the beach while I go for a swim... I guess I don't think too much about it on vacation either. I know the important stuff is in DH's pocket!

An aquapac is a great idea, we use one everytime we are at the beach. Leaving a credit card in a book is just asking for trouble.

We have one that is around 5" by 8" that holds our money, credit card, ids, seapass cards and camera. My husband ties it to the string of his bathing suit and wears it down one leg. Ours also has a caribiner that he hooks into the mess of his bathing suit. We have used it snorkeling, swimming and jet skiing with no leaking. We got it for around $10 at a local sporting good store.

Beach bags, books and ship's towels are easily replaced if stolen off of a beach. Credit cards and ids are a different story.

If you're on a ship's excursion, you can leave your things in the transportation--it'll be fine. If you're at the beach, just ask one of your fellow "beach-goers" if they'll keep an eye out for your stuff--you can tell who is from your ship by the towels!

I usually just stick my credit card (the seapass will do no one any good!) and any little bit of cash into the pages of an old paperback book.

The seapass will do you lots of good if you intend to get back aboard the ship!:D

I love how people just sort of assume that because people are also on their cruise that they are fine, upstanding folks and would be happy to sit and watch your stuff.

When you sail with 2,000-3,000 people, there's a pretty good chance that more than a couple would be happy to make off with your cash and/or credit cards! Or camera. Or just your beach towels and you'll be stuck paying for them!

Just because we're all cruising together doesn't really mean we're one big, happy family. I'm not paranoid about my fellow passengers, but I also don't trust them any more than any other complete & total stranger! ;)

Just look at the dimensions of the aquapacks and buy only what's large enough to contain your "goods." I have one that's just large enough to put both passports (front facing in). Between them, I slide a credit card, ship ID, whatever cash I think I'll need. It seals like a press-type ziplock bag and has a hole at the top. I attach it to a lanyard. When I go in the water, it goes with me. When I'm out and about, the lanyard gets attached to the tote with the package slipped down into the bag and covered so it would be really difficult to just pull it out of the bag and take off.

Got it for a few bucks at LEI.

Archived