Thanks Veterans.

Pilot70D

To all our CCers who are Veterans and their families a big THANK YOU.

This also includes those who served as policemen (and women) as well as firemen. We all owe you for the freedom we enjoy so much and so often take for granted.

Semper Fi & God Bless

As the wife of a 20 year disabled veteran, and mother of two sons on active service, one, 22 years and the other, 18 years, I have to complement all veterans and give them all great thanks for their service to our country. God bless you all......jean :cool:

I had the pleasure of attending an event last night to salute veterans, and D-Day veterans in particular. It was held in the hangar of the USAF Thunderbirds Air Demonstration Team. Over a dozen D-Day participants were there including one who not only served his country in WWII but in Korea and Vietnam as well. As his craft was approaching Omaha beach his Cockswain was killed. He stepped up and steered the boat onto the beach. Of the 41 men on board, only he and 8 others survived. It was such an honor to meet this true hero who served his country for some 30 years.

I remember as a little boy growing up on a US Air Force base during the Vietnam War. Some other little kids would be having a hard time in school and we learned that it was because their Daddy's were gone for a long, long time - so we were told that we had to be extra nice to them even if they were sometimes mean to us.

I was in the USAF for 5 years during the first Persian Gulf War - fortunately I was stationed in Tokyo at the time but met guys who were shipped over there, and how concerned we all were for them. At the time, we all thought that war would be dragged out for months or even years...

As unpleasant as it was then, it's worse now - so especially as the holidays approach us, anything you can do - no matter how small - to support the families of our servicemen and women who are abroad will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for remembering us & them.

As I was reading the other thank you messages added to this threads an idea came to me.

Wouldn't it be neat if we could send a community Christmas Card to all those in the military serving in Iraq and Afghanistan, an electronic card from all of us - a CruiseCritic card not just a HAL or a Princess Card but one from all of CruiseCritic.

If we think about this card in the right way it IS related to the website's central theme. After all we will be sending our best wishes CRUISING over to foreign ports where they will disembark and make someone happier.

If any of the hosts are monitoring how can we make this happen? Is there anything I can do to help? If so let me know and I'll get started on it in a heartbeat. In the meant time everyone have a great day.

Don B.

As the wife of a Vietnam vet. and a retired Air Force chaplain (same man), I, too thank you for the compliment. It is so nice to see our military service people appreciated for what they do for us, whether it be in harm's way, or in another area supporting those who are fighting the battles. Thank you again.

Mary Ellen

Thanks, too for all the rememberances of the vets, from a retired USAF guy! I was able to attend our local Veterans' Day parade yesterday and I appreciate it more every year, specially this year, since our youngest son is now on active duty with the Army, thankfully, still stateside. Thanks again and I add my appreciation to all other vets!

Archived