Transportation from Venice Airport

Take the BLUE ACTV bus (suitcases go beneath the bus) from the airport - right outside the door and very visible.They even had attendants helping everyone when we went to Piazzale Roma. Then catch the #1 water bus to Rialto Bridge stop. That is the least expensive way. Not sure exactly what the prices are right now (we went in May 2007), but a google search for the ACTV in Venice should give the exact costs. Water bus pass may be the least expensive way if you plan to go up and down the canal several times. We waited to buy the pass until the second day and just walked the first as it is not too far to S. Mark's from the Rialto Bridge area, so we just got one trip tickets the first day. Someone may have the link for the Venice ACTV?

Take the BLUE ACTV bus (suitcases go beneath the bus) from the airport - right outside the door and very visible.They even had attendants helping everyone when we went to Piazzale Roma. Then catch the #1 water bus to Rialto Bridge stop. That is the least expensive way. Not sure exactly what the prices are right now (we went in May 2007), but a google search for the ACTV in Venice should give the exact costs. Water bus pass may be the least expensive way if you plan to go up and down the canal several times. We waited to buy the pass until the second day and just walked the first as it is not too far to S. Mark's from the Rialto Bridge area, so we just got one trip tickets the first day. Someone may have the link for the Venice ACTV?

Sorry but this is not quite correct. The blue bus is operated by ACTO not ACTV. The cheapest way is to buy a vaparetto bus at the airport information desk after exiting the baggage hall. This pass can then be used on orange local bus 5 to PR and thus the transfer is effectively free.

By the way vaparetto route 2 gets you to Rialto quicker.

Sorry but this is not quite correct. The blue bus is operated by ACTO not ACTV.

Or maybe ATVO;)

The ATVO bus is direct from Airport to P Roma, luggage storage under the bus 3E

The ACTV is local bus with stops & not really room for luggage, you can use the

Vap pass on it though

http://www.atvo.it/index.php?lang=en&area=23&menuid=23

http://www.hellovenezia.com/jsp/en/transports/index.jsp

Yes, I meant the €3 bus.(I wasn't sure it is still that price, however.) I know there is a cheaper bus, but some of the bus drivers will charge you extra for the luggage, anyway, and you have to pull your luggage up onto the steps of the bus. I liked the under the bus storage myself. :)

Yes, I meant the €3 bus.(I wasn't sure it is still that price, however.) I know there is a cheaper bus, but some of the bus drivers will charge you extra for the luggage, anyway, and you have to pull your luggage up onto the steps of the bus. I liked the under the bus storage myself. :)

Yes, it was still 3E in Dec and was to the right as you exit the airport.

We couldn't figure out the ticket machine for the 3E bus inside the airport, where you collect your luggage, so bought tickets from the tourist information office at the airport. They sold us tickets on the ACTV bus No.5, at 2.5E each, so there is little difference in price. This bus was to the left as you exit the airport and was a large modern bus with lots of room for luggage. In our case, Bus No.5 provided an almost express service at night, but the direct 3E bus would be quicker during the day.

Or maybe ATVO;)

The ATVO bus is direct from Airport to P Roma, luggage storage under the bus 3E

The ACTV is local bus with stops & not really room for luggage, you can use the

Vap pass on it though

http://www.atvo.it/index.php?lang=en&area=23&menuid=23

http://www.hellovenezia.com/jsp/en/transports/index.jsp

Ditto

Take the bus described above to the bus station, then the vaporetto one stop to the train station or carry your luggage over several arched bridges with steps. We used the bridges, but not easy two years ago.

Did I read somewhere there is a new, better connecting bridge from the bus station to the train station or am I dreaming?

Take the bus described above to the bus station, then the vaporetto one stop to the train station or carry your luggage over several arched bridges with steps. We used the bridges, but not easy two years ago.

Did I read somewhere there is a new, better connecting bridge from the bus station to the train station or am I dreaming?

No you are not. There is a new bridge at Piazzale Roma (bus station) which makes the walk to the station very easy. Sorry I don't have specifics but it should be obvious (or ask)

Archived