Prices of Liquor in Shops on Ship

espmass

I'm not sure I ever saw this. Does anyone know or is a price list posted anywhere for the liquor sold in the ship's' shops? That's not liquor to consume on the trip or to order at the bar, but bottles of liquor to purchase to carry home. Thanks for any info.

For several years now you have not been able to consume in the stateroom. There is not a price list anywhere as they change pretty regularly. I've also found that many places, especially on the islands, guard their price list and do not let you take pictues, write them down, etc. If you had specific liquor you were looking for, we could probably give you a general idea of current prices. About the only prices I've seen remain fairly firm are 2 for $20 Absolute 1L and 2 for $30-35 Crown Royal 1L.

Definitely cannot take to your cabin for comsumption. You will get it on the last afternoon or evening. Cruzan flavored rums are $8.99 for the large bottles. I don't remember the exact prices, but Crown Royal is very much cheaper than at home. The ships offer multiple bottle discounts as well.

Definitely cannot take to your cabin for comsumption. You will get it on the last afternoon or evening. Cruzan flavored rums are $8.99 for the large bottles. I don't remember the exact prices, but Crown Royal is very much cheaper than at home. The ships offer multiple bottle discounts as well.

Actually, we went last Easter and you could not pick it up until the morning of debarkation. They said too many underage drinkers onboard. It's not a given you will get it the night before.

Semi related question: If you buy on board 1) is it duty free? and 2) will they wrap it good for you so you can put it in checked luggage (we are flying)? I've read that some stores in port have special containers/bags/bubble wrap etc but not sure if the ship does as well. Thanks

Semi related question: If you buy on board 1) is it duty free? and 2) will they wrap it good for you so you can put it in checked luggage (we are flying)? I've read that some stores in port have special containers/bags/bubble wrap etc but not sure if the ship does as well. Thanks

Duty free up to 1 liter PP. It's boxed up pretty good in a sturdy hand carriable (sp) container.

The liquor is duty free and compares favorably with what I see on port calls. I always buy it from the ship these days. They put it in a cardboard carrying case of the type that was used as carryon on airplanes in the past. It is not sufficient for packing in your checked luggage. I bring along bubble wrap and some tape when I will be flying home. I wrap the bottles individually in bubble wrap, tape it good and pack it in among the dirty clothes and away from anything hard that might break the bottle. I have never had a problem with broken bottles.

I have always had it put in my stateroom by around 6:00 PM the night before debarkation so that I can get it ready and pack it in my checked luggage. The checked luggage is then put outside the stateroom for pickup by 11:00 PM usually.

A poster below mentioned they did not get the bottles until they debarked on an Easter cruise (spring break). That would make it a real problem if they were going straight to the airport and a early flight. On spring break trips according to what I have read on CC they seem to be more vigilant watching for alcohol brought aboard and any bottles used the night before debarkation. No pax would ever think of opening a bottle and drinking it instead of taking it home.

alcoholic.gif

On the Azamara Journey last month, Sapphire was (best I recall) $17.95 a liter. Think you got a buck or two off if you bought more. That works out to about $31.5o for a 1.75 liter

Since I can usually get it here for about $34 or so, I just figured it wasn't worth the hassle to lug it off, pack it into the suitcase, and let the airlines throw it around. On the other hand, the bottle of Carlos Primero brandy I bought in Spain was worth the hassle.

the duty free shop in the san juan port has GREAT prices on the really good Bacardis. i didn't look at anything else so I can't say how their prices were. they also have lots of of specials and sell the best liquor bottle bags I have ever seen. I think they were free if you bought x bottles; $5.95 for 3 otherwise. they are way better than bubble wrap and are reusable - I can't imagine a bottle being able to break in your luggage in these. and if you spend $50, you get to grab as big a handful of the little airline bottles of Bacardi out of a bin as you can! as expected, when we went back onboard, they asked us to check the big bottles to be held until the night before debarkation; they didn't even notice the 30 little bottles (I bought $100 of rum, so I got two handsfull). These little bottles were a kick on our balcony! And we still made our contribution to rci's bars...

Archived