Windjammer on formal nights

lcs

We will be on the Voyager of the Seas in late March. Our small group is thinking of not bringing formal attire due to luggage limitations. I was wondering if the Windjammer serves the same food as the dining room on these nights, example: lobster/fishermans platter???

Our last few cruises have been on HAL and they have a very nice set up in the Lido on formal nights. They have tableclothes and the staff brings your "main" dish to your table when it is ready. All info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

You will not find lobster or the filet of beef in the windjammer but pretty much everything else is served. The Windjammer is quiet at night, with tablecloths and sometimes live music (we have seen a guitarist on multiple occasions).

We have had shrimp cocktail, all the cold soups, cooked to order steak and even make your own sundaes.

It is a great alternative to the main dining room especially after a late port day.:)

I just got off Rhapsody of the seas and kept waiting for the lobster or some decent seafood. NONE. Very disappointing.

The food was better on the 3 star P&O ship. They even had 4 courses as opposed to RCI 3 courses. Deserts were VERY ordinary.

I understand the problem with baggage under the new airline rules of charging for everything. On formal nights you do not have to wear a tux or a suit although they do suggest it. For males you can bring a nice pair of pants, dress shirt and dark shoes for the normal nights and add a sportcoat for formal night making it easy to pack. There are lightweight sport coats available that take little space when packing. You will fit right in with the majority in the MDR on formal night. Rather than avoid formal night, just dress down a bit and have a great cruise.

EMOPOThumbsUp003.gif

Thanks for all the great advice and comments. I think we will attend at least 1 formal dinner. But we all decided to dress down some but still be appropriate for the MDR. This will save some space and we'll all be happy. We have agreed that the cruise is the most important thing, having fun and enjoying ourselves.

Just off the Voyager, and on formal night, there were just as many folks in "non-formal" attire as there were IN formal attire. I saw everything from Jeans with a glittery top for the women to dockers and a dress shirt for the men. I wouldn't worry about the formal part, it is fun to dress up, but not even totally necessary, whatever you are planning to wear on the other nights will be fine for the main dining room on formal night....it is "suggested wear" not "mandatory wear". Have a great time on board!

June

Archived