My Opinion NYE cruise W901

margrey

Hi Marg yes we do, we were on Rhapsodey of the Seas on Dec 13th cruise;) it was a beautiful ship and we had a marvolous time, we are now booked for may for the Jewel of the Seas for the Baltics the best about these ships is that they have an adults only pool which is really nice they had xmas decs every where, couldnt fault it, yes drinks were expensive which in your case might have put some of the drinkers off and they were also very strict with who and what they served, as it was an american ship the drinking age is 21 and the teens had to have a signed card to say they had parents permission to drink and that over 18 we saw one girl trying to dupe the barman he wasnt having a bar of it excuse the pun:Dhe just said no card no drink.

We are now on the look out for something later in the year as we just love cruising, pity I dont get more hols from work so we try are best to make the most of each year, we cruise four times last year:eek:but I dont think we will manage it this year because the Baltic cruise is 12 days and we want to spend time with family also

Jacquie

I am looking at the princess cruises maybe oct/nov 09 form melbourne next, might be a bit quieter just before all the festivities. I also like the look of the Pac sun from brissy up the queensland coast.

Marg

Don't forget that November is when the schoolies let their hair down...:eek:

Sorry theid it did not matter where you hung out they were everywhere:( .

Please i hope i have not put anyone doing a new years cruise in the future:( as i said in the title this is my opinion only and what i experienced:) it might be completely different next year and i would definatly consider the xmas cruise. would br interesting to hear from any other passengers to see if they had the same experience.

I would like to add i will not be taking it up with P&O i think they done their best in a bad situation and yes security were good but could have been a few more. I cannot blame them for the behaviour of others although i think they will get some people looking for free handouts:(

No company can discriminate against the age of passengers that would be wrong, so unless you are up for a PARTY and have thick skin book another one not NYE

Marg

i now that people should have to put up with this bad behavor, if you look at this way 2000 people on a ship for new yrs eve well im sorry to say there will be some trouble some where , for some reason its like a full moon all the dh,s come out to play, and it happens every where you have a lot of people, just look at the news on new yrs day lots of people being arrested all of the place , im not saying dont go on a new yrs cruise but it would be a great cruise if they find a way to keep this dh,s off the ship.

Marg, I went on a december cruise and was very worried about schoolies but it wasn't a problem.

not sure about your cruise but mine was that you had to have a parent or guardian with you if you wanted to cruise and you were under 21. So that detered a lot of "schoolie" groups. ALSO many of the "schoolies" are not yet 18 so that helped too

Hi Lisa,

I turned up in the Bengal bar at 2.00 on the sunday and no one was there:confused:

I thought the only galley tour was the one that had a line going half way round the ship LOL did not fancy that and i had seen it before anyway.:D

I am glad you enjoyed it as i did but i would not go on another new year cruise there were times i did not feel safe in the least.

Sorry we did not get to meet up i would have liked that i was listening for anyone calling out lisa and i would have asked if it was you, you probably saw my husband he was the one in the kilt on NYE?:D lol

There were a lot of grumpy people on the ship i though young and old:rolleyes: still would like to be on her now though.

Marg

Hi Marg

I was actually standing beside your husband on one of the formal nights but i seen him in his kilt at least twice so we were so close yet so far lol.

The meet & greet was advertised for 11am in the Bengal Bar (about 20 turned up) it was in the daily and then Marius came and arranged with me for the Galley tour it was brilliant Ravinda tookus through at 5pm so we seen everything goin on it is a pity you missed it.

As for the Cruise i would definentely go back again on the New Years Crusie becaue it is like eeverything if you give into the minority it becomes a victory to them and really there were more good on the ship then bad.

I travelled on the inaugural Pacific Dawn cruise and i found more obnoxious whinging ppl on that then the New Years one. As i said we were with a group so maybe that does help. But everybody has a differnet opinion and i had an absolute ball on the cruise and so did all of our family and group.

Kruzein

Thats awful Jaquie i would have moved tables also.

I think we were spoiled on the august cruise with all the lovely people we met and think we just expected that again.

I am looking at the princess cruises maybe oct/nov 09 form melbourne next, might be a bit quieter just before all the festivities. I also like the look of the Pac sun from brissy up the queensland coast.

Marg

Do you have anything else booked?

i know what u mean about having met lovely people and expecting that again. I was the same going into the August cruise, after meeting such wonderful people on Maiden Voyage & having such an amazing time. I still met some lovely people in august though and had fun but it wasn't quite the same!

I sailed on the PD on my first cruise on 02/08 and had an absolutely wonderful time. :D:D:D:D I was considering looking at a NYE cruise for 2009 as it seemed like it would be great to see the new year in up in the dome, but now I think I will rethink that idea. I'm glad that you had a fabulous time in spite of the troublemakers.

J

Hi Marge we will be sailing from Harwich never been there before so it will be interesting, hiring a car to get about, and thinking of doing a private tour in St Petersburg so really looking forward to it.

Jacquie:D

Just jumping in to say a private tour in St Petersburg is the way to go. Might be a little more expensive but it will be the highlight of your trip.

My opinion is what happens is that when groups of guys and girls get together and you've got a few idiots. It eggs the rest on and they all just roll with it and just keep on becoming more and more obnoxious. When you add alcohol and 'freedom' (as in away from parents and partners) they feel that their entitled to do what the hell they like. I also feel that they feel it's their god-given right because they've paid for the cruise that they can behave and treat other people anyway they like.

They know they won't have to see any of those people on the cruise again and so there's no embarrassment or repercussions.

:mad:

It's funny how people who are missbehaving - no matter what age - really stand out and can wreck it for so many others.

I think I probably would have lost it with them! Especially the racism!!!! that is disgusting and I'm glad you told them so. I think I would have felt really uncomfortable and old if I had those boys looking at me and making comments and acting like idiots.

Anyway that's what I had to say.

Liz

How funny Lisa wish i had know, yes jamie wore his kilt twice once on NYE and the other at the captains cocktail paty, were you at that? i probably passed you a dozen times, if you can post a photo here i will see if i can recognise you:D

What is your next cruise? i am looking for another and am open to suggestions:D

Marg

We have just arrived home from our New Years Cruise On the Dawn Princess.

We had a huge New Years Eve party. In fact on board we had two parties.

One was indoors in the Atrium and the other was on Deck. The inside party was more the older group. 40+ .

The majority of those on deck were the "younger generation" 50 and under.

As on the Pacific Dawn we had a few groups of young guys (18-30 year olds) but no bad behavior that we or our friends witnessed.

Sure there was a bit of bad launguage. Guy's jumping in the pool at midnight in there suits. People who drank a bit much. It was all good fun.

The entertainment was non stop so no one got bored.

From our experience it was a great night! Would love to do it again!

We are 50 years young and would recommend this ship to anyone that wants a New Years Eve cruise.

Regards

Ron & Neicy

Hi

Glad you had a great time on the Dawn Princess. We are going on the Pacific Dawn in March and i have been looking at the next cruise to be on the Dawn Princess. It looks to be a beautiful ship, i fell in love with the Sapphire Princess last year and would like to return to a Princess cruise.:o:o

Tania

How funny Lisa wish i had know, yes jamie wore his kilt twice once on NYE and the other at the captains cocktail paty, were you at that? i probably passed you a dozen times, if you can post a photo here i will see if i can recognise you:D

What is your next cruise? i am looking for another and am open to suggestions:D

Marg

Hi Marg

My daughter tells me you were directly in front of us in the line to have photo done with the captain so we were so close but yet so far lol.

I am thinking about going back on the PD prob April or May then i will organise another prob for 2010 New Zealand or maybe the Pacific Jewel not sure too many choices :)

Lisa

Hi Marg

The Dawn Princess has some good cruises leaving in the May/June time frame, they leave from Sydney though. If you can do a cruise at that time they are offering pretty good deals at the moment, thats why I had to book one.:D:D Well thats one excuse anyway. ;)

From what I have read it is a great ship, and should be a good experience sailing with Princess, to see what it is like.

We have just come off the Sun and while we had a good time I must say I could not believe how some people treated the staff. These were adults in their 40's and they obviously thought the staff were slaves. We talked to quite a few people who were upset at the way other passengers were extremely rude and moaned about everything. In fact we had a Verandah deck passenger refuse to sit with us for dinner as we were not on the same deck.

We have just come off the Sun and while we had a good time I must say I could not believe how some people treated the staff. These were adults in their 40's and they obviously thought the staff were slaves. We talked to quite a few people who were upset at the way other passengers were extremely rude and moaned about everything. In fact we had a Verandah deck passenger refuse to sit with us for dinner as we were not on the same deck.

How rude...I hope he couldn't find anyone else from his level to sit with and sat by himself :rolleyes:

Some people are just not happy unless they are complaining!!!:confused:

Archived