Carnival Stock

KruiserKat

I need some help trying to decipher what I have already for stock.

I have partial shares of CCL ( Carvinal Corp ) and partial of CUK (Carnival PLC ADR ) ?? Not enough between the two to equal 100. I will buy the

rest to round out to 100, but need confirmation that CUK and CCL are

combinable.

I had forgotten I had any, and it must have split or something ,.. but

why two different stock symbols? Anybody that can comment?

I need some help trying to decipher what I have already for stock.

I have partial shares of CCL ( Carvinal Corp ) and partial of CUK (Carnival PLC ADR ) ?? Not enough between the two to equal 100. I will buy the

rest to round out to 100, but need confirmation that CUK and CCL are

combinable.

I had forgotten I had any, and it must have split or something ,.. but

why two different stock symbols? Anybody that can comment?

CUK (Carnival plc) closed today @19.01 and CCL (Carnival Corp.) closed today at 19.88. The annual report reads: "This benefit is available to shareholders holding a minimum of 100 shares of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc." I interpret this to mean that it's combinable, but I of course wouldn't trust me as the last word. Try calling Princess Yield Management at 800-872-6779 ext. 30305

Does anyone know if cruising using the military or past guest discount if you are still eligible for the stock OBC ? As the link says the following:

This benefit is available to shareholders holding a minimum of 100 shares of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc. Employees' date=' travel agents [/b']cruising

at travel agent rates, tour conductors or anyone cruising on a reduced-rate or complimentary basis are excluded from this offer

For anyone who wants an answer to the question about whether you can get the stock OBC when using the Military rate the answer is YES. I inquired with my PVP & he said yes & also referred me to this number. Please contact our Research department at 1-800-819-3902 Ext. 70041. I contacted them today & spoke to someone named Evan & he confirmed that you can get the OBC while using the Militaey discount...:D

We have been debating whether or not to buy some Carnival stock. If the prices keep dropping, do you think they will continue the OBC? That would be the only reason we would get it.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could all see into the future? If you tell me what numbers to pick and I win the lottery, I'll buy you 100 shares of Carnival stock. :D

We have been debating whether or not to buy some Carnival stock. If the prices keep dropping, do you think they will continue the OBC? That would be the only reason we would get it.

I think it is still a good buy at $19 - I paid more than that - if you look at the history in the past year it was up to $50 at one time. It also does pay a dividend. This economy drought will not last forever, so, unless you are over 95 and have one foot in the grave I would advise buying.

Ron

The annual report comes out in February/March of each year and each year the July 31st date changes to the next year. IOW, I would expect the new report to say July 31, 2010. That's the way it's always happened and hopefully nothing will change. Yes, we aren't getting our usual dividend, but the perks still surpass that.

Sorry to be dense. You are saying that normally the credit applies each year - when the annual report comes out, they just take the date forward to the next year?? If so, that's a great deal.

Thanks.

Sorry to be dense. You are saying that normally the credit applies each year - when the annual report comes out, they just take the date forward to the next year?? If so, that's a great deal.

Thanks.

Exactly. Each year the annual report states that benefits are applicable on sailings through July 31st of the following year. It will also say reservations must be made by February 28th of that year. This has always been the verbiage on every annual report I've received since I purchased the stock many years ago.

Someone mentioned that the stock has dividends. Please be aware that Carnival has canceled dividends for 2009. I wonder how long it will take for things to settle out enough for them to have enough of a profit margin to reinstate them?

Corie

Yes, we know there are no dividends forthcoming for '09, but the OBC more than makes up for it. For us, anyway. :D

$19.97 a Share

To receive benefits you must buy a minimum of 100 shares

Hmmm :rolleyes:

That's about 2 Grand. :eek:

Just to receive -

• Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 14 days or longer US $250

• Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 7 to 13 days+ US $100

• Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 6 days or less US $50

:cool: Only one onboard credit per shareholder-occupied stateroom.

Doesn't sound like it's worth owning Carnival Stock.

Unless I'm missing something. :confused:

$19.97 a Share

Just to receive -

What you're missing Chris is that we paid $18/share 8 or 9 years ago and we've received several thousand in OBC since. This year alone we will be receiving $1100 for our scheduled Princess cruises.

$19.97 a Share

Just to receive -

It depends on how often you cruise. RCL got a major downgrade, due to its gigantic debt. That of course spilled to CCL which has a bit less debt than RCL.

Now the shareholder credit is combinable with other types of OBC, makes the price drop and dividend cut, a bit more bearable.

My bet is CCL would not nix this benefit, especially after it has suspended the dividend for 2009.

Pia1913 & nho9504,

Even after the price break on top of FCC and\or an OBC special it would take say 20 cruises (averaging on a 7 to 13 days) to recoup what you spent on the cost of the stock.

With some folks who can only cruise once a year, like myself :( it would take 20 years :eek: to receive the additional credit.

It's just not right!!!!!. ;)

You are missing the whole point of buying stock. It is not for the OBC, but it is a great perk for those of us that use it! We bought 100 shares when it dropped down to $15.00 a share because we knew it was a great deal. The stock has been as high as $50 and it looked like a good one for us. We sold for a nice profit 2 months later at $23.00 and are now looking to get back in.

I was a jerk way back when and bought a hundred shares in the high 30's !

However - its for the long haul and for a while I received dividends and have saved $500 + on cruises with the OBC - $250 on my trip in 2 weeks.

Defintely worth having the stock

Larry

I was a jerk way back when and bought a hundred shares in the high 30's !

However - its for the long haul and for a while I received dividends and have saved $500 + on cruises with the OBC - $250 on my trip in 2 weeks.

Defintely worth having the stock

Larry

And I see you have at least 3 other cruises booked after this one, so you'll be getting a minimum of another $300. If you stay with "the company" you'll eventually get back your purchase price. How many folks can count on something like that? (Now the naysayers will tell me that CCL will probably stop the OBC perk too. )

Pia1913 & nho9504,

Even after the price break on top of FCC and\or an OBC special it would take say 20 cruises (averaging on a 7 to 13 days) to recoup what you spent on the cost of the stock.

With some folks who can only cruise once a year, like myself :( it would take 20 years :eek: to receive the additional credit.

It's just not right!!!!!. ;)

What is not right is your own concept about stock ownership. It does not work that way you think. And you should not buy a stock just because of the perk of OBC. The OBC is a nice perk, but a stock ownership is an investment that does carry risk (unlike CD in the bank, for an easy comparison.)

You want to understand how purchase of stock works before you decide whether this is for you. A publicly traded company's shares are freely bought and sold on open market. In this case, CCL is traded on NY Stock Exchange. You can buy and sell the stock at will. It does not mean once you bought the stock, that you own it forever, like a sweater. You need a brokerage account to do that also.

I just want you to understand, buying stock does involve RISK of Losing money - the price drop after your purchase. However, it also can make you money, when the price of stock goes UP after your purchase and you sell it. The price difference is your captial gain, which is subject to income tax.

In fact, you dont even need to own the stock once you receive the shareholder credit of your sailing. You can sell it right away... But that is beyond the scope of discussion here.

And I see you have at least 3 other cruises booked after this one, so you'll be getting a minimum of another $300. If you stay with "the company" you'll eventually get back your purchase price. How many folks can count on something like that? (Now the naysayers will tell me that CCL will probably stop the OBC perk too. )

I think it will keep the perk. That is the least it can do to offset the effect of dividend cut.

Archived