Port of Tampa & Area - Photos

Cracker Ken

For any HAL cruisers planning a cruise on the Veendam out of Tampa, I have updated an album of pictures on my Yahoo photo page.

Click here: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/crackerken1/album?.dir=972d&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/crackerken1/my_photos

There are 115 pics, mainly of the area of Terminals 2 (Carnival), 3 (RCI and others) and 6 (HAL), parking, the Channelside District, Marriott Waterside Hotel, the street car line, Veendam, Noordam, Miracle, Inspiration and Sensation.

If you are coming to the area, this should help you visualize what is there for you.

Enjoy.

Ken

Thank you for the pictures and information. I wonder when we should be making a reservation. I am already concerned about whether to drive or not because of that being the American Thanksgiving week. On travelocity it is saying there is nothing available out of Detroit and Toronto flight wise that is. Would my TA have a better chance at making a reservation for us when the time comes? She wants to send us to the Best Western near the airport??????

Thanks for posting the pics. I enjoyed looking at Marriott Waterside .....looks very nice. I'm sure we'll enjoy our stay there. I also appreciate being able to see what the piers look like. Makes me even more eager for January to get here.

We have already reserved at the Marriott Waterside and from CrackerKen's photos, we could see the Carnival Miracle from the walk in front of the hotel.

It is pretty pricey. Are the Wyndham, Embassy Suites and Doubletree close to the port, too? Are they any less pricey than the Marriott?

Is the Marriott in a nicer area?

Thanks for your help.

Roberta

Roberta, The Wyndam is just across the short bridge, right behind the Marriott (I actually took pictures of both from the same spot). They Wyndam is on Harbour Island, which is a residential and business area on the S. end of downtown Tampa. I don't believe the Wyndam will be appreciably cheaper than the Marriott. They are both really nice hotels. If the price was close, I'd rather stay at the Marriott. The Marriott will be very convenient to the port, and that area is very clean and well kept, being in the area of the Convention Center, Harbour Island and the downtown business district. The Double Tree and the Embassy Suites are a ways out on the W. side of town, close to the airport. The cruise terminals at the Port of Tampa are in downtown Tampa on the S. and S.E. side of the downtown core. I would estimate that the Double Tree and Embassy Suites are about 8 miles from the cruise terminal, and they aren't in what I'd call a bad part of town. I would expect those two out near the airport to be somewhat cheaper, however I haven't priced them or stayed in them. Hope this helps.

By the way, there are a number of hotels out near the Tampa airport, such as:

• Marriott - West Shore & Cypress
  • Sheraton Suites - Cypress
  • Double Tree Guest Suites - Rocky Point Drive N.
  • AmeriSuites Hotel - West Shore Blvd.
  • Hyatt West Shore - Courtney Campbell Causway
  • Wellsley Inn & Suites - West Shore Blvd & Spruce St
  • Residence Inn - Lois Ave.
  • Hilton - Lois Ave.
  • Hampton Inn
  • LaQuinta Inn

There's probably some that I didn't list. These are from a list I made a while back when scoping out the area.

Ken

• 1 year later...

Cracker Ken,

Hope I am poking in here. But I was given your name to contact concerning hotels in the Tamps. Do you have any that you would reccommend. We have a large group so we need as low a rate a possible, but I do not want to stay in a dump, or in bad side of town. Something conveneint to the port, and if possible offers airport to hotel shuttle service and Shuttle from hotel to pier, also free shuttle if possible. Is that enough questions for this one Post.

If you can be of any assistance thanks.

My email address is: wrlearyiii@ec.rr.com

Thanks,

Tripp

Archived