Wheelhouse Bar Pub Lunch

scottam

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know which ships offer the Wheelhouse Bar Pub Lunch? I'm specifically interested in Island Princess. So far, I've only read it mentioned in reviews/reports of Emerald and Ruby, and the Princess info that I found does not say which ships.

Thanks for your help!

Tammy

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know which ships offer the Wheelhouse Bar Pub Lunch? I'm specifically interested in Island Princess. So far, I've only read it mentioned in reviews/reports of Emerald and Ruby, and the Princess info that I found does not say which ships.

Thanks for your help!

Tammy

AFAIK, only the two you mentioned and the Crown. Don't know whether they've added it yet to the Caribbean. Definitely not on the Island.

We just got off the Crown Princess on 1/11/09 and they had the pub lunch on that ship. It was very good, they had it on both sea days and we went both times.

How crowded was it== and did you have to make reservations?

We just got off the Crown Princess on 1/11/09 and they had the pub lunch on that ship. It was very good, they had it on both sea days and we went both times.

Do you know if it was available every day or just sea days?

On the Emerald it was on the last two sea days. I don't think it was crowded, but there is a chance you may have to wait on a table. I never heard reservations offered and I doubt if it is a choice. There is no extra cost for this lunch.

The fish and chips were so delicious that DH went back the second day and had it again :)

On the Emerald it was on the last two sea days. I don't think it was crowded, but there is a chance you may have to wait on a table. I never heard reservations offered and I doubt if it is a choice. There is no extra cost for this lunch.

The fish and chips were so delicious that DH went back the second day and had it again :)

Just wanted to second TwinCruiserMom...the first day of the Pub Lunch, there was a band in the Wheelhouse and the waiters were having a great time dancing in between tables. The second time -- no band -- was a bit more subdued. No cost nor wait for us either days. The fish and chips really were pretty darn good, although I can't comment on the mushy peas!

Any special beers there that you normally can't get? This does not include Guinness, Bass, & Harp because you can often get those elsewhere. I'm thinking Kilkenny, John Smiths, Tetleys, etc.

Nope, no specialty beers like that. They do have Stella on tap now (on the Ruby anyway) and it's served in the wheelhouse. It was nice to have draft beer.

And I really liked the mushy peas (basically looks like green mashed potatoes) and didn't know what they were. I was shocked when I asked and they told me they were peas. I hate peas!!! :D

I would go back in a heart beat!

• 2 years later...

Archived