Wheelhouse Bar Pub Lunch

scottam

I was wondering the same question that was asked back in 2009. DH and I are going on Panama cruise 1/8/12 on the Island Princess, has anyone got an idea if there is a Pub lunch on that cruise? Thanks, L.

Yes. I was just on the Island over Thanksgiving and they had pub lunch 2 or 3 days. The day I went was the same day as the Mexican buffet which was held outdoors and there were very few who chose pub lunch. No problem getting in. It wasn't my favorite pub lunch of all the ships I've had it on, but it was OK. The day I went they had Fish & Chips and Shrimp & Chips. I only ordered the Fish and Chips, but I noticed most people at other tables ordered both together. If I'd done that and it may have been better. Fish was more like fish sticks to me.

We just got off the Coral, which is a sister ship to the Island Princess, and they had pub lunches on two of the last sea days.

We had no trouble getting in, but we went fairly late in the time schedule--about 1:30. There was no band playing.

We enjoyed both meals--slightly different menu each day. It was a nice alternative to the buffet and we enjoyed trying some traditional ? British food, authentic or not.

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know which ships offer the Wheelhouse Bar Pub Lunch? I'm specifically interested in Island Princess. So far, I've only read it mentioned in reviews/reports of Emerald and Ruby, and the Princess info that I found does not say which ships.

Thanks for your help!

Tammy

We enjoyed the Pub Lunch on the 3 sea days on the Island in September. It was delicious and wished they offered it every day!

Always enjoy the pub lunch. Usually a short line to get in. Our last cruise on the Emerald was probably the busiest we've seen (15 minute wait)They don't take reservations. Fish and Chips were very good. :)

On the Islande and Coral Princess the pub lunch is done in the Bayou Restaurant. Personally I always order the bangers and mash which I think are great. But then food is subjective. My wife loves the fish and chips. If done multiple times during the cruise the menu canbe different each time.

Just checking to see if Pub lunch is oferred on the Grand Princess? Thanks fo all the info I have found on these boards. We are looking forward to our cruise on the Grand on 02/04/2012!:)

Yes, it was offered in the newly opened Crown grill

Srpilo

I had the ploughman's lunch one day & the fish and chips the 2nd. While I do like peas, I didn't care for the mushy peas. The only thing you'd have to pay for would be the beer. I learned I like Stella, even though I'm not a beer drinker.

How crowded was it== and did you have to make reservations?

We enjoyed the Pub Lunch 2x on our Emerald cruise. We went at 1:30 and there was no line and we got seated right away. The lunch is from 11:30-2:30pm. It is advertised in the Patter and the menu is posted outside the door about 1 hr before lunch starts.

July 2011 in Alaska on the Golden, the pub lunch was on the sea day between Seattle and Juneau. They held it in the Crown Grill. I had the bangers and mash and was very happy with it, the rest of the folks I was eating with had the fish and chips and it was also done very well. I think shepard's pie was served, but nobody asked for it so I can't say as to how appealing it was. The Crown Grill on the Golden "felt" right for the pub lunch. I know that sounds kind of vague, but I don't think the Wheelhouse Bar on the Golden would have had the right ambience, or enough space for that matter, to host the pub lunch.

Pub lunch is fun and a nice diversion from other mid-day dining options and there is plenty of food (and they will bring more if you ask, but I don't think you'll need it).

They do want to sell beer during the pub lunch, so don't be surprised if you are asked a couple of times by your server.

Archived