Screw's Natural Sulphur Spa

lotro

You mean you did not enter this heavenly place
I only knew of its existence

due to other West Indian friends who had previously visited the place

so when I saw the sign, it meant something -and so I took the photo!

Somewhere in these CC threads are some (fairly large) photos of the place

so if you know how to work the Search feature to its max.

you might just find them, if you haven't already.

================================

OK - this is it

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=906766&highlight=screw+spa

I only knew of its existence

due to other West Indian friends who had previously visited the place

so when I saw the sign, it meant something -and so I took the photo!

Somewhere in these CC threads are some (fairly large) photos of the place

so if you know how to work the Search feature to its max.

you might just find them, if you haven't already.

================================

OK - this is it

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=906766&highlight=screw+spa

Have done aand it looks fantastic, this will be our treat for dominica as we have been there before.

• 2 weeks later...
Lori

Was looking for things to do in Dominica when I saw your Question. check out www.poolieandloolie.blogspot.com This is a Travel Journal from a girl named Lauren who went on the Carib Princess in December. She went to Screws while in Dominica. Its pretty amazing what she has done(helpful too!!) You will understand when you see the site.

Pat (Carib Princess in 39 days!!!)

This was a good blog to read--I am going on this cruise over the holidays.

Thanks for sharing!

Hi! That is my travel blog, I have some pics posted on it from our day in Dominica of Screw's Spa - it was a great trip! Very soothing and relaxing, and your skin feels great afterwards! :)

Hope that you find it to be helpful - I would recommend going there if you're looking for something relaxing to do, great scenery too!

Nice job with the blog, Lauren!

• 1 month later...
We did a private tour in November to Titou Gorge, Trafalgar Falls and then Screw hot springs as a last stop. I think it was a great wrap up for a full day on the island, but I think an hour was enough time to just relax and soak..

Who did you use as a tour guide? We are looking for something like this.

Interesting.... I have been in touch with Levi Bumpiing about a tour and he stated the entrance fee to Screw's was $10. $20 would still be worth it though.

Cya soon!!!

Check the amount of time allowed for $10. What does Levi charge. We are able to get a van for 16 people for $20pp for the entire day.

Check the amount of time allowed for $10. What does Levi charge. We are able to get a van for 16 people for $20pp for the entire day.

I checked his email and it's one hour at Screw's. Did you just get this van as you got off the ship or did you reserve it in advance? Did they take you to other sites like some falls or other places of interest? I'm having a hard time planning our day in Dominica.

• 1 month later...
I'm having a hard time planning our day in Dominica.

We go in April and I am having a hard time too to find something to do. We have been there twice and have done the Emerald Pool, Mr. Nice, River tubing and then the last time we did the Tour with Woody (excellent tour by the way). This time we would like to either do Titou Gorge and Screws or Champagne Reef and Screws. I sure hope you will report when you come back as to how your excursion was.

We have been to Screw's Spa 2007-08 and will be there Feb 2010. It is a great experience. Go there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

Screw's is definitely one of our stops. How long would you suggest we spend there? We decided to get a cab and not go with a booked guide. Also, we were considering a visit to one of the falls but wonder if it just isn't a repeat of rainforest "views". It's hard for DH to walk on rough terrain so that limits us. We will be spending time in SJ after the cruise and we will be going to El Yunque at our leisure.

Kaboochi - I like your count down clock better, it says 39 days, mine must be wrong.....

Screw's is definitely one of our stops. How long would you suggest we spend there? We decided to get a cab and not go with a booked guide. Also, we were considering a visit to one of the falls but wonder if it just isn't a repeat of rainforest "views". It's hard for DH to walk on rough terrain so that limits us. We will be spending time in SJ after the cruise and we will be going to El Yunque at our leisure.

Kaboochi - I like your count down clock better, it says 39 days, mine must be wrong.....

friday, We always do 1 hour at the springs. You do need to walk down quite a few steps to get to those warm pools. We always book our own van (20 in our group). Have fun

At Screw's spend about 45 min. then have the taxi driver take you to Champagne Reef, you walk along a wooden walkway then right into the ocean and snorkel, fantastic.

At Screw's spend about 45 min. then have the taxi driver take you to Champagne Reef, you walk along a wooden walkway then right into the ocean and snorkel, fantastic.

I agree, snorkeling there is fantastic. It's so easy to get into the water and the fish are plentiful. The taxi drivers are very accomodating. Ours drops us off where we want to go and is always there on time to pick us up and bring us to our next stop.

I would like my husband to experience the Champagne Reef, and snorkel, but I am a very weak swimmer and do not snorkel. Is there any kind of beach there where I can relax while he snorkels? And is there a place I can just wade in the water to cool off?

I would like my husband to experience the Champagne Reef, and snorkel, but I am a very weak swimmer and do not snorkel. Is there any kind of beach there where I can relax while he snorkels? And is there a place I can just wade in the water to cool off?

The shoreline. at least last year, had a lot of small rocks so it was hard to find a comfortable place to sit. I sat on a big rock to put my finns on. You can walk into the water, but it is a slight drop off.

Archived