Screw's Natural Sulphur Spa

lotro

Has anyone visited this site? Is this a place you would spend the day or just a couple of hours? How far is it located from the port? It has good reviews on tripadvisor, but just wondering what fellow cruisers thought.

Lori

Was looking for things to do in Dominica when I saw your Question. check out http://www.poolieandloolie.blogspot.com This is a Travel Journal from a girl named Lauren who went on the Carib Princess in December. She went to Screws while in Dominica. Its pretty amazing what she has done(helpful too!!) You will understand when you see the site.

Pat (Carib Princess in 39 days!!!)

Hi! That is my travel blog, I have some pics posted on it from our day in Dominica of Screw's Spa - it was a great trip! Very soothing and relaxing, and your skin feels great afterwards! :)

Hope that you find it to be helpful - I would recommend going there if you're looking for something relaxing to do, great scenery too!

It was a nice place to visit on a tour along with other sights on the island. An hour or so is plenty of time there if you are on a tour going to other sights. We enjoyed the warm waters...very relaxing....if you go there independently I would recommend working out something where the driver would stay there with you to return you to the ship. Dominica is a beautiful island so I would recommend going there in ADDITION to seeing the other sights also (Trafalgar Falls, Emerald pool, etc.)....it is not an island where you will see fancy high rise resorts of tons of fancy jewelry stores but you WILL see tons of natural beauty on a lush, unspoiled island.

• 3 weeks later...
It was a nice place to visit on a tour along with other sights on the island. An hour or so is plenty of time there if you are on a tour going to other sights. We enjoyed the warm waters...very relaxing....if you go there independently I would recommend working out something where the driver would stay there with you to return you to the ship. Dominica is a beautiful island so I would recommend going there in ADDITION to seeing the other sights also (Trafalgar Falls, Emerald pool, etc.)....it is not an island where you will see fancy high rise resorts of tons of fancy jewelry stores but you WILL see tons of natural beauty on a lush, unspoiled island.

How far from the ship is it and about how much for a taxi?

Just off Carnival Victory and our second visit to Screw's Spa in Dominica. It is a must if you like warm thermal pools. He has expanded since 2008, with over 6 NATURAL thermal pools in a beautiful tropical rain forest setting. The pools range from warm to hot. He is very congenial and you will walk away thinking, "this was fantastic". Check out his website and please ask me questions. You will love this place. The price is very reasonable. Kaboochi

What is his website?

screwsspa dot com

You won't find much info there, except for the hours and some great photos. Goggle it and you'll find more info on other websites along with a Utube video of the place. Enjoy, it is worth going to

They say to wear a dark suite, I think it has to do with the sulpher maybe?

In 2 visits to Screws I wore dark suits but others in our group wore brighter colors and never had a problem. The sulfur and other minerals do discolor the water but it is very clean. Screw lists all of the minerals on a sign before you take the walk down to the springs. Go have a blast, it is awesome!!!!!!! Wish I was there now.

I had a teal suit on and nothing happened to it. Same with my girlfriends who were all similarly bright colored. They also have the cool down pool/waterfall that you can rinse off in. :) Enjoy, it was so very relaxing and nice!!

Is there a charge to get inot Srcews and if so WHAT$$$ Is there food and rink there???

How far is it from the port and how much does taxi cost??

Thank You

I will get back to you on distance and cost to use the spa, I'm waiting for an email response from a friend who arranged this for us. I can't tell you about price because we hired a driver at the pier for $20pp for the entire day. There is a bar there and Screw serves fruits (coconut, pineapple, watermelon etc) and punch for free. Kaboochi

Holdon, I have the info you requested. One of our group wrote the following. Remember, we traveled with a group of 18 for this venture:

think if you went directly there (we haven’t yet), it might be 45 minutes to an hour. The cost depends on the size of the party. This year I think we paid $10 pp. I think the cost for one or two people is $20pp.

I hope this helps, Kaboochi

Report back of this venture if you go please!!!!

• 6 months later...

Archived