I know the rules,but...

BoPippy

I know the rules but,what are the chances of when stopping an various islands if i were to buy one bottle of beer (local) as a momento to bring home to later pack in suitcase and bring each day in backpack back on ship?

My husband buys a bottle of the local brew in every port to bring home to his boss (who collects them). We always tell security as we re-board the ship and they have never taken it from him. (Of course, it's one bottle or occasionally two and they probably figure it's not worth the effort to store and return).

I've brought back bottles of rum from Caribbean ports onto the ship. I simply put the bag on the belt that goes through the ship's x-ray machine, and pick it up at the other end. I've never had a problem. Other people who also bought bottles of rum, or whatever, and they didn't have any problems with ship's crew monitoring the machine.

The OP wants to bring all the beer home and not consume it on the ship. You need to pack it in your checked bag if you're flying home. I don't think it will be a problem unless Customs stops you when you're leaving the ship.

We’ve put two six packs on the belt when we’ve boarded before and there was no issue. To tell you the truth, we never gave it a second thought. We bought it at the local store in Bora Bora and thought of it as a souvenir. We drank some on board and packed the remainder in our suitcase for the flight home.

With Princess, it may not be a problem. I do for see you having problems packing it and putting it in a suitcase. Shipping it from the port could get you in legal trouble. Something about shipping alcohol across State lines without paying the appropriate taxes, fees, etc.

Archived