Thongs and Things

Shogun

Shogun,

I wasn't sure if you meant flip-flops or skimpy bikini bottoms, but reading your post makes me sure it's the latter.

I have no idea if thongs are generally permitted onboard or not but I have never really thought about asking. It does seem somewhat arbitrary that the few inches of skin on either side of a thong (that would normally be covered with a string bikini bottom) are that important. It's not like a string bikini bottom is totally modest and then those couple extra inches of skin suddenly changes everything (at least to me.) You'll never catch me in one but I could care less what other people wear. (ETA: At the pool. But formal night you'd better be dressed up :-D)

Perhaps someone onboard was wearing thongs and/or going topless and someone complained?

If you are talking about the policy then topless is definitely out. I am assuming this is a note to your cabin so there must have been a number of passengers who were being non family suitable dressed.

Hopefully the note also banned all males over 55 from wearing speedos :)

Actually, Shogun was the only one on the ship who got that memo from the captain. I guess they "inspected" his luggage before it was delivered to his room and discovered some items they thought shouldn't see the light of day! :)

Actually, Shogun was the only one on the ship who got that memo from the captain. I guess they "inspected" his luggage before it was delivered to his room and discovered some items they thought shouldn't see the light of day! :)

which is why they "lost" his luggage on the last cruise.

Hopefully the note also banned all males over 55 from wearing speedos :)

Well at least males with a waistline of greater than 32". The last time I wore Speedos, I was 19 years old and had a 32" waist; God that was soooo many years ago!!!! (And so many pounds ago as well).

Well at least males with a waistline of greater than 32". The last time I wore Speedos, I was 19 years old and had a 32" waist; God that was soooo many years ago!!!! (And so many pounds ago as well).

greater than a 32" WHAT? Oh, you said waistline......:D

Hi Folks,

We got a note saying that as The Sea Princess is a family ship it is note permited to wear Thongs or go Top Less,

is this new, is this just the Captain.

yours Shogun

I think you should post a photo of you in your thong :rolleyes:

Maybe we could start a poll on acceptability :D

I have seen a lot of men who have larger breasts than women but they can go topless.:rolleyes: Is the Captain the "thong police" who decides whether a bathing suit bottom is just a itsy-bitsy bikini or a thong? Some itsy-bitsy bottoms turn into a thong inadvertently. :confused: I don't understand why a small area of a top deck can't be clothing optional for those who wish to sunbathe au naturel. Signs would be posted near the entrance so that people who are offended by nudity or thongs didn't venture in there by "accident". :D

I have seen a lot of men who have larger breasts than women but they can go topless.:rolleyes: Is the Captain the "thong police" who decides whether a bathing suit bottom is just a itsy-bitsy bikini or a thong? Some itsy-bitsy bottoms turn into a thong inadvertently. :confused: I don't understand why a small area of a top deck can't be clothing optional for those who wish to sunbathe au naturel. Signs would be posted near the entrance so that people who are offended by nudity or thongs didn't venture in there by "accident". :D

There used to be a thread on this under theme cruises.If I recall correctly NCL has a deck allowing CO/topless, and Carnival has a deck for topless,at least on some ships. no mention of Princess.

I completely agree! This would be a wonderful asset. (no pun intended.) I read above that NCL has such but that certainly isn't enough to make me sail them!

It is time to start enforcing the rule that man boobs get covered by a bro. ;)

I always thought thongs were under pants. Just skimpy ones that do not look comfortable. Also the old thought of rubber shoes that also to me were not comfortable. Are they now also something else?

Interesting how 3/4 of the pax concur that this sort of skin ought not be exposed on ships, yet the hull pulls into St. Maarten and 3/4 of the pax won't think of going anywhere but Orient Beach! :confused::D:confused:

Good point

But if you are going to expect people to behave rationally or always mean what they say you will never learn to cope in life :cool:

I think they are speaking of bikini bottoms that are made in the same style as thong underwear.

Have not seen that yet, do see people get sun burned on ships. That would not be an area I would want to burn.:eek: We don't lay in the sun on a cruise. We are from CA and over the years just do not desire a tan, we are also not escaping the brutal winters many have.

Archived