Promotional Campaign credits

TwinCruiserMom

While looking in my Princess account today, I noticed that I have several "promotional campaign" onboard credits where my future cruise credits are listed in my Circle Savings Account.

Did anyone else receive credits like these lately? Do you know what they are for?

They are in differing amounts and I am wondering if you have to book a specific type of cruise to use them.

It took some work, but I was finally able to price a cruise that we had been watching (10 nights on Emerald in April), and the promo credits would get us an add'l $100 pp off an inside cabin and $250pp off a balcony.

Princess Website is a disaster. It took over an hour to get this saved cruise to reprice. We have trouble with it all the time.

i check about every day and i got one and then two more, but mine that i checked on was 150 off alaska. i didn't check the other two figured they were the same. i called 1 800 princess . and she told me. i.m trying to get my referral credit added to our accounts , but its not happening... we referred friends that are cruising with us, a$25 pp. credit but it has not been added. i'm getting the run around... $50 bucks is $50 bucks.... they can't play the waiting game with me... i got time.:cool:

I saw the same thing last night for the first time. I had $500 future cruise credits and so did my DW. Now I know $100 is there from our deposit on our last cruise and the others seem to be promotions.

Is this too good to be true, that we each have $500 for our next cruise if we book by 2/28??

I just checked our Captain's Circle account. My DH has the promotional credit added on 12/20/08, but I don't show any. Strange sometimes how Princess will add this to some accounts and not to others. Ours shows a new booking must be added by January 31, 2009 to receive this credit.

I also had four separate "promotional campaign credits" show up in my account. These are in addition to FCCs. I decided to call Princess to see 1. what they entailed and 2. if it would be advantageous to use the promotional credit in addition to or in lieu of my future cruise credit on a booking I made just this week. The wait today to speak to a representative was by far the longest I've ever had with Princess. The agent could not see these credits on her screen but seemed to be aware that there were some recent credit promotions for past passengers. She stated that I would have to call the Circle Desk to get an explanation. This will have to wait as they are not open on weekends.

When my wife called today we were told its because of referal rewards, but that cant be all as the money doesnt add up. We too are seeing 4 different promotional codes when we click "veiw details"

Lets keep each other informed. I would hate to miss out on a great opportunity just becasue nobody seems to know whats going on.

I called Princess today with the same questions as I also have four promotional credits showing. It took me FOREVER to get her to understand what I was talking about and what she told me was that the reason they were showing up there was because I opted not to receive email notifications from Princess. I wasn't aware that I had done that as I do receive brochures through the mail. But anyway she finally figured out what each one was for since they are all different. Some apply to a seven day cruise some apply to a longer cruise. Each one is specific on length of cruise and amount you receive also depends on type of booking, ie. inside, oceanview, balcony, etc...

Hope this helps. If the info is wrong it's her fault. But, I do intend on calling Princess again tomorrow and see what answers I get just in case.

Jan

When I saw this thread yesterdy, went out to my account. I too, had $500 in credits. i then went into the "find a cruise" link, put in a couple of different cruises, some popped up with $100 credit being given others, had $50. I really looked at the sailing we are looking at in November and it was given $100. So I know have until 2/28 to book something. Actually, if they allow double-triple dip it will be great, since I have an open booking, a CCL stockholder plus this credit, it will make for some nice "cocktail money".

Hope this helps

After following this thread for days I have been checking my circle account and so far Nada :confused: I hope I get the credits because I am getting eager to book my next cruise but waiting to see if prices come down.

If I get this credit then instead of waiting I will probably be booking! I hope Princess is listening. :)

I just noticed I have $100 promotional cruise credits today. I was talking to someone from Princess and asked about this.

He said he couldn't see them on my personalizer and I should contact my TA to find out about it.

I found out about the promotional credits in my account. I have four of them and they are for different things. One is for a 7 day cruise, one is for 10 days or longer and the others have some kind of destination stipulation.

My TA tried every way possible to apply at least one to my 3/1/09 Crown cruise and no dice. The booking has to be made between 1/17 and 2/28 and it is to create new bookings. Also, you can only apply one to a new booking.

I received one of those last year and it was able to be applied to a booking I already had but it looks like they are getting smart and using them as a marketing tool. Unfortunately, they don't seem to understand at Princess that we receive these in our accounts, then either we or our TAs have to call Captain's Circle to find out what they are for. Wouldn't be easier if they would just send us an email with the information and the ID#s for the credits?

Hope that someone else is able to use their credits. I might have to look into a future cruise now....

I booked our cruise on the 15th and on the 17th the Promo showed up on my captain circle account.Tonight I called to see if I could apply them, the princess rep cancelled my cruise then rebooked it, allowing me to get $500 taken off.....I'm happy as a clam:D

Feeling a tad slighted here. I get nothing......no promo credits, no emails, no nothing. Neither does hubby. In fact, he even got kicked out of the Princess site and I had to reregister him just so he could see our booking under his name. So strange how their "random" promos go.

Feeling a tad slighted here. I get nothing......no promo credits, no emails, no nothing. Neither does hubby. In fact, he even got kicked out of the Princess site and I had to reregister him just so he could see our booking under his name. So strange how their "random" promos go.

I can understand you feeling slighted, don't get me wrong, I'm glad we got it and our friends did too but my sister and her husband got zip from Princess...As far as I know we didn't do anything to get it. I just don't understand why Princess offers it to some and not others-it seems so unfair

I can understand you feeling slighted, don't get me wrong, I'm glad we got it and our friends did too but my sister and her husband got zip from Princess...As far as I know we didn't do anything to get it. I just don't understand why Princess offers it to some and not others-it seems so unfair

I'm glad you, along with the rest of the pax that did get it, got in on the promos. It's just as you say, it's so random and makes absolutely no sense. If I got an offer ONCE in a while, it might make it a little easier to take, but one day I'll get something......let's just hope I can take advantage of it when I do.

Just spoke to my TA and she said that these credits are being referred to by Princess as "future cruise credit promo" not in the sense that you paid money down for a future cruise . She said it is for past passengers and the amount depends upon how long you've been a past passenger and how many cruises and the length of those cruises.

I think someone may have already mentioned that it only applies to certain bookings?? And there is a deadline associated with each promo.

I'm excited to get something back for a change for spending money with Princess.:D

Jan

.png

I read this post, so I checked my parents account on Princess.com.

My dad has $400 "Promotional Cruise Credit" and my mom's account also has $400. Does that mean when they book together, same cabin, they would be getting a total of $800 in credit?

It says it must be booked by 2/28/08. It was credited on 12/26/08. It did not seem to have any other restrictions.

Thanks.

This shows how it looks on the princess.com web site.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/_9p1HDfnb603U_n_wlHaiQ?feat=directlink

For sure it's for past passengers but it's still a random thing, I took more cruises than my sister on Princess but our friends went on the same exact cruises, same category and same future cruise deposits put down as she did, yet the friends got promo credits and she didn't...go figure

Just spoke to my TA and she said that these credits are being referred to by Princess as "future cruise credit promo" not in the sense that you paid money down for a future cruise . She said it is for past passengers and the amount depends upon how long you've been a past passenger and how many cruises and the length of those cruises.

I think someone may have already mentioned that it only applies to certain bookings?? And there is a deadline associated with each promo.

I'm excited to get something back for a change for spending money with Princess.:D

Jan

.png

Archived