Promotional Campaign credits

TwinCruiserMom

That's pretty much how it looked on mine and also my wife's captains circle accounts, but didn't say how it can be used, all I know is out of the $400, we each were credited $250 for a BD balcony on a 10 day Panama Canal cruise.

I read this post, so I checked my parents account on Princess.com.

My dad has $400 "Promotional Cruise Credit" and my mom's account also has $400. Does that mean when they book together, same cabin, they would be getting a total of $800 in credit?

It says it must be booked by 2/28/08. It was credited on 12/26/08. It did not seem to have any other restrictions.

Thanks.

This shows how it looks on the princess.com web site.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/_9p1HDfnb603U_n_wlHaiQ?feat=directlink

My wife and I booked a cruise a couple of weeks ago and now find a $400 cruise credit on each of our accounts. We talked with Princess today and were told that they wouldn't do us any good. We have made our final payment already. The penalty to cancel and rebook would cost more than our credit. BUMMER!!!!!!!!

I noticed these credits on my account the other day as well. There were four different ones of varying amounts. I called Princess, and after about 30 minutes on the phone, I finally got an answer. They are for new bookings only, Alaska or Europe, different amounts off your cruise fare depending on cabin category and cruise. We had a cruise booked for the British Isles for this August, but of course, new bookings only. We took ourselves off to our TA tonight and cancelled the booking, rebooked with the new credits and saved $200.00!!!

My wife and I booked a cruise a couple of weeks ago and now find a $400 cruise credit on each of our accounts. We talked with Princess today and were told that they wouldn't do us any good. We have made our final payment already. The penalty to cancel and rebook would cost more than our credit. BUMMER!!!!!!!!

Now see that's the sort of stuff that really ticks me off too. Why on earth give someone a huge cruise credit when they know full well you won't be able to use it. Now you're left feeling mad at Princess instead of extremely happy that they cut you a break. I don't blame you one bit for being angry.

I am still waiting.....I check every day and no credits. :( My brother & sister in law checked their account and were thrilled to see the credits. I am happy for them but hey Princess me too please.

Trying to figure out how Princess decides who gets the credits :confused: I have cruised many more times on Princess than my brother.

Since the price I paid one week ago had not changed tonight I was able, with the help of a lovely Princess agent, to cancel my booking and create a new one. With the new booking both the promotional credit and my previously paid future cruise credit were stackable. The promotional credit was automatically applied to both passengers and my wife's promotional credit was also applied to a room I booked for my daughters. It resulted in a very nice savings on an already very low priced cruise.

To check to see if the promotional credit would apply to a currently booked cruise you can follow the steps online to start a new booking for the same cruise and the credit, if applicable to that particular cruise, will appear in the pricing summary page.

I "accidentally" stumbled across the four promo credits on 1/18 -- they were dated as added on 1/17. I then was able to book an Alaskan cruise for May in a mini-suite. Got a great deal and the credits saved us an additional $100 pp for my wife and I. Once I booked, the balance of the promo credits magically disappeared (even though only one was applied to our booking).

???

Well I just checked all 5 of our accounts and not one has the future cruise credit. That kind of sucks. There are never any special offers in my area either. Since my daughter has not sailed since our ill-fated March 2006 Star sailing you would think they would give her something to entice her back but nada.

Neither of my parents have any in their accounts either.

I had 4 promotional credits as well. I did finally speak to someone at princess and here is what the credits on my account were good for:

Promo T0000089- 2009 sailing for 10 days or more with discounts off of the regular cruise fare of $100-$250

Promo T0000090- 2009 Alaska Cruises-$100 discount per person on inside/oceanview or $150 discount per person on balcony category or higher

Promo T0000091-Good on various European sailings

Promo T0000092-valid on 2009 7-9 day voyages with $50 discounts on inside/oceanview or $100 discounts on balcony categroy or higher.

I hope this helps those who may have the same promotion codes as I. The codes state they were earned on 12/26/2008 and were valid for bookings by 2/28/2009.

I hope this helps.

I had 4 promotional credits as well. I did finally speak to someone at princess and here is what the credits on my account were good for:

Promo T0000089- 2009 sailing for 10 days or more with discounts off of the regular cruise fare of $100-$250

Promo T0000090- 2009 Alaska Cruises-$100 discount per person on inside/oceanview or $150 discount per person on balcony category or higher

Promo T0000091-Good on various European sailings

Promo T0000092-valid on 2009 7-9 day voyages with $50 discounts on inside/oceanview or $100 discounts on balcony categroy or higher.

I hope this helps those who may have the same promotion codes as I. The codes state they were earned on 12/26/2008 and were valid for bookings by 2/28/2009.

I hope this helps.

Gee..you're good:) How did you find out what the codes meant, my lone promo credit left is # T0000088

I called Princess several times.

Finally used the automated system to get to someone in the Captains Circle department for adjust my profile. Simply requested the information from her and she pulled everything for me.

As with all people you contact at Princess, I think is was just the luck of the draw.

We got to use the credits along with the great Alaska sale they are running. They took $250 each for a total of $500 off the already discounted bottom line. I just happened to be booking Alaska already, they never informed me the credits were there.

Since the price I paid one week ago had not changed tonight I was able, with the help of a lovely Princess agent, to cancel my booking and create a new one. With the new booking both the promotional credit and my previously paid future cruise credit were stackable. The promotional credit was automatically applied to both passengers and my wife's promotional credit was also applied to a room I booked for my daughters. It resulted in a very nice savings on an already very low priced cruise.

To check to see if the promotional credit would apply to a currently booked cruise you can follow the steps online to start a new booking for the same cruise and the credit, if applicable to that particular cruise, will appear in the pricing summary page.

Wow, you really lucked out :p

I don't see any promo codes. :(

Unless I'm looking in the wrong place :confused:

We got a mailer last week that talked about credits of up to $500 for Alaska cruises and cruise tours and Europe cruises and mentioned that they were good for new bookings only, before February 28.

It also said that we would be "Platinum" on our next cruise and get the internet package, disembarkation lounge, etc, for one cruise only. We've sailed 3 times on Princess so far, and currently hold a future cruise credit.

Hope this helps

We had $400 in credits as shown in My Princess, but only $100 applied to our Alaska booking. Not that I'm complaining! :) But for those of you with multiple credits, most likely they are for different cruises, not just one.

For those with the Platinum upgrade, this is for one cruise only. It's an enticement to keep booking with Princess and earn the status. We are also getting this, but will then be back to Gold status for one more cruise before officially going platinum. We are considering a 2-day repo cruise with our young boys (4 & 5) to not only bump us to platinum for our next full week cruise, but also see how the boys do on the ship.

I read this post, so I checked my parents account on Princess.com.

My dad has $400 "Promotional Cruise Credit" and my mom's account also has $400. Does that mean when they book together, same cabin, they would be getting a total of $800 in credit?

It says it must be booked by 2/28/08. It was credited on 12/26/08. It did not seem to have any other restrictions.

Thanks.

This shows how it looks on the princess.com web site.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/_9p1HDfnb603U_n_wlHaiQ?feat=directlink

So, just checked my account and nothing there. I was kind of wondering where I should expect to see this, so the screen shot really helped. It might be because I currently have 2 bookings with them. hmmm! Who knows? Past my final payment date, though, so wouldn't help in this case anyway. I am happy for those that are getting them, though!

Hi!

New to the forum here!

A few weeks ago, I looked into my Princess account and saw that I had $800 in future cruise credits. Like what a few other members have posted, the promo credits are for various cruises. Found out that only 1 of the credits applied to me (7 day to Alaska cruise in summer 2009). Because I booked an inside cabin, I saved $50. =))) better than nothing!

Another question regarding promo campaigns ...

I booked my Alaska cruise using the 2 for 1 promotion ... and recently, I just noticed Princess' Balcony Bonanza advertisements. Any idea if I can combine the 2 promos? Or is it just one or the other?

Thanks!

Folks, I have read with interest all of your comments. However, since I am a computer moron, what is it that y'all are discussing. In other words, am I missing something vis-a-vis credits etc.?

Your educational efforts will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Hi,

Try logging into your MyPrincess account. If you click 'View Details' under the Circle Savings Account (left navigation bar after you've logged in), you might see several promotional credits/codes listed in your account summary.

hope that helps!

My TA sent me this flyer from Princess. This should be good news for those traveling soon.

DOUBLE YOUR SHIPBOARD CREDITS

ON YOUR NEXT 2009 VOYAGE!

For a limited time only − earn up to $600 per cabin in shipboard credits for your next escape with Princess Cruises!

Book your next 2009 cruise while onboard, and we will DOUBLE the shipboard credits that are normally given when you book a future cruise with Princess. Here is how it works:

2009 Sailing

LENGTH OF VOYAGE

DOUBLE ONBOARD CREDITS

(per person excluding 3/4th berths)*

7 – 9 days

Inside was $25 – now $50

Outside/Balcony/Suite was $50 – now $100

10 – 15 days

Inside was $75 – now $150 Outside/Balcony/Suite was $100 – now $200

16 days +

Inside was $125 – now $250 Outside/Balcony/Suite was $150 – now $300

This offer won’t last long, so while onboard see your Future Cruise Consultant to plan your next 2009 Princess escape.

*This offer is applicable to new bookings only made onboard for sailings commencing on or after January 29, 2009 and ending prior to March 15, 2009. Offer valid on 2009 sailings only. This offer is not combinable with World Cruises, Cruise Night promotions or any other non-public fare. Offer is non-transferable. This is a limited time offer. If the booking cancels, the Shipboard Credit on the future cruise will not be protected. The reduced deposit will be refunded, if canceled prior to the cancelation penalty period, to the credit card used to pay for the booking.

My TA sent me this flyer from Princess. This should be good news for those traveling soon.

DOUBLE YOUR SHIPBOARD CREDITS

ON YOUR NEXT 2009 VOYAGE!

For a limited time only − earn up to $600 per cabin in shipboard credits for your next escape with Princess Cruises!

Book your next 2009 cruise while onboard, and we will DOUBLE the shipboard credits that are normally given when you book a future cruise with Princess. Here is how it works:

2009 Sailing

LENGTH OF VOYAGE

DOUBLE ONBOARD CREDITS

(per person excluding 3/4th berths)*

7 – 9 days

Inside was $25 – now $50

Outside/Balcony/Suite was $50 – now $100

10 – 15 days

Inside was $75 – now $150 Outside/Balcony/Suite was $100 – now $200

16 days +

Inside was $125 – now $250 Outside/Balcony/Suite was $150 – now $300

This offer won’t last long, so while onboard see your Future Cruise Consultant to plan your next 2009 Princess escape.

*This offer is applicable to new bookings only made onboard for sailings commencing on or after January 29, 2009 and ending prior to March 15, 2009. Offer valid on 2009 sailings only. This offer is not combinable with World Cruises, Cruise Night promotions or any other non-public fare. Offer is non-transferable. This is a limited time offer. If the booking cancels, the Shipboard Credit on the future cruise will not be protected. The reduced deposit will be refunded, if canceled prior to the cancelation penalty period, to the credit card used to pay for the booking.

Partybarbie - I also got an e-mail about this from my TA yesterday and I had to wonder if it is a Princess promotion or if this is a promotion from her only. If I may ask, is your TA located in Canton, Ohio? Mine is and she took over the agency from her sister who passed away about two years ago. If you use a different TA then we will know that this is a Princess promotion that anyone can take advantage of and not just a promotion from one TA that we cannot name.

My TA is in Pleasanton, California. I far as I know, it is open to everyone.

That's good to know. I didn't want to post anything about the e-mail I got in case it was an offer just from my TA only. I'm glad to hear it is open to everyone.

Archived