what's the best/cheapest way to book a cruise?

I need to book a cruise in the next week or two. What is the best site to use to book a cruise at a discount? thanks!

One of the best ways to book a cruise at a discount is with a CC Member (Group) Cruise!:D All the Official CC Group cruises have great prices and amenities and the prices usually include all taxes and fees!

Attached is the link to all the scheduled member cruises. If you’re thinking of going to Bermuda, see the links below, and you're welcome to join us!;) Happy cruising!!:cool: http://www.cruisecritic.com/interests/groupcruise.cfm

I really dont think there is one sure foirs way to always get the best deal other than to shop around. Different outlets run specials at different times as do different cruise lines...when you think you are ready to book do your homework and search around to see whats out there

Suscribe to the newsletters from various travel agents. Compare prices including any incentives such as free air, transfers or OBC...often you can pick up a real bargain if you a flexible about holiday arrangements and are prepared to take a lesser grade cabin i.e. an ocean view rather than a balcony etc.

If you get a great price...see if your preferred agency is prepared to match it.

Come to Australia your dollar goes a lot further here:p

We have always booked through Costco. Always get a great deal. Also, we have the executive membership, so we get 2 % back for our vacation!

I agree with this. I always shop around and find the best deal thru Costco. Also, Costco's travel insurance is around $40 for a 7 day cruise. Also they gave us a certificate for a bottle of wine.

One poster mentioned "doing your homework".. I totally agree with that. I typically book through the cruiseline.. But I call a couple times to "price it out" because prices do fluxuate as time goes on. The most recent cruise I booked with NCL, I just called to get a quote and they just happened to be having a great OBC offer (that I never saw advertised). So the price was exactly what I had been quoted maybe a few weeks earlier, but with $250 OBC.

Sometimes when I find the best price I can possibly find, I contact a travel agent and then say, this is best I can find.. Can you do better? If they say no, I'll offer to give them the booking if they can offer me some sort of OBC.

Also, be sure to ask if they offer discounts for someone traveling with you that's in the military, etc.

I always do my "homework". I make sure to get quotes from several agencies before actually booking my cruise. I also make sure to find out if the quote included taxes, port charges, etc. These boards have actually helped me save a great deal. I'm very appreciative of the knowledge.

thanks...I'm guessing it's against the rules to list websites? I don't know that for sure, but just guessing since no one listed one.

I'll keep looking. thanks!

Good guess.;) I asked something once and got an unpleasent letter from CC!:(

I called Carnival's 800 # and priced out a couple of different cruises (both dates and different itineraries).

I cruise solo mostly so I'm always looking for a decent single supplement. Well, I finally found a good cruise for a great price: 9-12 NY to Canada (roundtrip) for 7 nights at $700 (this includes taxes, port charges, ss and upgrade to porthole cabin). This is my best deal ever. I would have preferred to cruise in June but, for this price, I'm going in September.

Usually, when I see a cruise I'm interested in, I call the cruiseline and online ta(s). I price the cruise I'm interested in and then I tell them I'm flexible about everything and see what kind of deal I can get. Many times I strike out but, sometimes, I can get a good deal on a cruise that is not selling well.

Faith

I did a search today for a "no deposit cruise booking" and found a site, but the page was an old one and said must be booked before December 2007. :( Anyone know if this is an option currently someplace? If you can't post it here, could you shoot me an email with that info? I'm looking at a cruise in March 2011 and would like to book now but don't want to pay any down yet b/c I'm currently paying for two others! Talk about cruise addiction! I got it bad!!!! :eek:

Thanks

huskylms2007@gmail.com

Archived