Can you bring your own wine onboard for your room?

sarz272000

Will a 3 liter or 5 liter box wine fit into the cabin refrig? And no I will not ask you with the box opening fee would be in the dining room.

Take the wine bladder out of the cardboard box and it will fit ! But never take it into Dining Room! Just a glass in cabin or sneaky one on deck, just take a glass of wine up on deck with you though, no box of wine, bit sus.

Both the 3 and 5 L boxes will fit the refrig in the box - we have done it several times. You will not be able to keep your ice container in there with it, but you can get fresh ice whenever you want it.

Ron

We carry wine onboard and drink it in our room. We also order wine in the dining room, have one glass and have the bottle stored for the next night.

I do not feel in any way that I am cheating Princess out of profit--you should see our bar bill for poolside drinks! :eek:

I agree that people need to be discrete or Princess will join Carnival in banning all carry-on beverages.

We carry wine onboard and drink it in our room. We also order wine in the dining room, have one glass and have the bottle stored for the next night.

I do not feel in any way that I am cheating Princess out of profit--you should see our bar bill for poolside drinks! :eek:

I agree that people need to be discrete or Princess will join Carnival in banning all carry-on beverages.

carnival does not ban wine. They like Princess publish a limit and a corkage fee. They do not enforce their policy. Princess typically charges the corkage fee in the dining room and Carnival did not.

RCCL has the tight no wine or liquor policy and no corkage fee. They are the only line I know of that prohibits wine totally and they do try to enforce.

Cheers.

At the pier in San Juan you go through registration, take an escalator upstairs to board the ship, and first thing you see is a liquor store! :eek: We bought 2 bottles of wine, they put them in a store bag, and we put them on the x-ray machine belt with absolutely no questions. No need to hide anything in your carry-on. After lunch (the ship didn't sail until 11PM) we went into Old San Juan and shopped. On the way back we bought more, including a small bottle of rum. No one said anything.:D

Archived