Cutbacks in Elite Service?

BayCalif-Ariz R Us

The solution for Princess will be quite simple. Even when Elites send out laundry there is charge and then a credit for the dollar amount on the shipboard account. So let us anticipate a dollar limit (like the Internet) based on the duration of the cruise. Just like most of us find the "allowed" internet minutes quite adequate, so also most of us will find the dollar amount allowed for laundry adequate. Only the "abusers" will feel the pinch.

The unlimited internet should be scaled back. There was one person on my last cruise that was on for over 2 hours & had the nerve to boast to us about it while others were standing in line trying to get on a computer. I have more to do then sit on a computer hours on end while I am on a cruise. Yes some of us must keep in touch with home or work but be reasonable about it.

The unlimited internet should be scaled back. There was one person on my last cruise that was on for over 2 hours & had the nerve to boast to us about it while others were standing in line trying to get on a computer. I have more to do then sit on a computer hours on end while I am on a cruise. Yes some of us must keep in touch with home or work but be reasonable about it.

There is no longer unlimited internet unless you occupy a full suite. And that person on your cruise could very well have been paying for his/her minutes by buying several packages.

The only UNLIMITED Internet anymore is for full suites. Platinum/Elites get a credit for limited minutes only.

Opps, slow typist today, Pia caught that one! ;)

Last cruise (Tahitian 9/18 to Paradise). Tough to abuse the Internet when it was down more than it was up. Same for TV except boring BBC. I basically only use it to check messages anyway so I would never abuse it.

Also on laundry and maybe it is something I don't talk about much or even think about. I have never heard anyone bragging about all the laundry they do. Bringing dirty laundry from home, never heard anybody doing this either. Two or three day pre cruise is different. We agree laundry is a wonderful perk we use to get up at all hours to do laundry.

Booze. The solution, my opinion, go back to selling full size bottles at a reasonable or even inflated price through room service.

There is no longer unlimited internet unless you occupy a full suite. And that person on your cruise could very well have been paying for his/her minutes by buying several packages.

Did not realize that you no longer received unlimited internet, she must of been in a suite(Crown 5/08) because when she was bragging she also let us all know that it was free for her! It did not go over well with people waiting for sometime trying to get on a computer.

Send out little bags of laundry on a daily or every other day basis, or wait until you have a lot of laundry to do and send it all out at once?

Do you use the Princess provided bags or your own?

Just curious what kind of responses everyone has received from their room steward with these different approaches.

Send out little bags of laundry on a daily or every other day basis, or wait until you have a lot of laundry to do and send it all out at once?

Just curious what kind of responses everyone has received from their room steward with these different approaches.

Never had a problem - we usually send out every two or three days - our steward expects it.

Ron

As I posted earlier, I send out a plastic trash bag about half full every 5 days. I ask the steward for them. Once, the steward gave me one of the brown paper bags that they use for laundry and it was about half full. I never had a steward complain about it. Of course, I realize this is a lot of extra work for them and I leave on the auto tip and then tip extra at the end of the cruise. I also make sure there is room in the closet for him to hang the clothes and I sort out the hangers and leave them in a neat pile for him to take back.

We average one their paper laundry bags every 4 to 5 days and that's because most of my stuff never gets sent out at all. I learned the hard way not to send certain items. :( My husband OTOH sends everything and everything somes back OK.

I've never had a room steward comment about frequency, though on our last long cruise (Crown, 28 days) he sometimes would leave a bag on the bed some nights anticipating that the next morning I would be sending out a batch. This guy was special in lots of ways and was rewarded handsomely for it.

I actually got a little tired of our room steward asking me if I had any laundry every time he saw me. :D

I send it out every 3 days more or less.

I guess I'm not very devious. I would never had thought of taking dirty clothes or sending out clothes for other passengers.

I actually got a little tired of our room steward asking me if I had any laundry every time he saw me. :D

I send it out every 3 days more or less.

I guess I'm not very devious. I would never had thought of taking dirty clothes or sending out clothes for other passengers.

That's about the same as we do - Why do some people think this is abusing the perk??? Do we bring dirty clothes aboard - sure do - the clothes that are on our back and those we traveled in.

Ron

That's about the same as we do - Why do some people think this is abusing the perk??? Do we bring dirty clothes aboard - sure do - the clothes that are on our back and those we traveled in.

Ron

This year will see our first cruise after having attained elite status. I have followed this thread and like Ron intend to fully utilise the laundry perk. I too will not bring on board dirty clothes, other than those I am wearing and will not be''smuggling'' anyone else's either. However, I fully intend to take home a suitcase with virtually all clean clothes. I can see no guidelines saying that this is contrary to the perk's intentions and if this makes me an ''abuser'' then so be it. I don't think this will cause me any sleepless nights.

I don't think that having your clothes laundered to take back home is an abuse. We've probably beaten this whole laundry issue to death -is the following a consensus?

1. It's OK to bring dirty clothes on board if they're the result of a pre-cruise stay or just long day of travel. It's not OK to pack dirty clothes at home with the expectation of having them immediately done on board. Some people do it. Just know that you are tacky jerks and don't brag about it. Ditto for those who somehow manage to get unlimited internet time and sit at a machine for hours - and brag about it.

2. You're not supposed to include a non-elite person's laundry in yours. Does this include persons sharing your cabin, i.e., 3 ladies sharing a room only one of whom is elite; only one spouse is elite; mom and dad are elite but kids aren't? You're not supposed to do it; you shouldn't; but most people probably do and get away with it. You're probably much lower on the jerk scale if you register at all.

3. If your cabin steward is particularly helpful about your laundry needs, tip him extra just for that. Ditto for any other out of the ordinary service he/she provides. If the steward is particularly bad - and believe it or not we have encountered one, don't feel bad about removing his share of the daily gratuity at the end of the trip (to this day I regret we didn't). This, plus your comments on the sheet they pass out delivers the message loud and clear to his/her supervisors.

4. Like kool kruiser I expect that when we become elite, to the extent it's possible we will have our clothes laundered for easy packing and unpacking when we get home. We tend to cruise Princess so much, those same clothes may actually just stay ready for our next cruise:D.

Perks are rewards for great loyalty to Princess which we have shown for several years now. They appreciate it and we appreciate what they give us to show that appreciation. We won't abuse it.

I don't think that having your clothes laundered to take back home is an abuse. We've probably beaten this whole laundry issue to death -is the following a consensus?

1. It's OK to bring dirty clothes on board if they're the result of a pre-cruise stay or just long day of travel. It's not OK to pack dirty clothes at home with the expectation of having them immediately done on board. Some people do it. Just know that you are tacky jerks and don't brag about it. Ditto for those who somehow manage to get unlimited internet time and sit at a machine for hours - and brag about it.

2. You're not supposed to include a non-elite person's laundry in yours. Does this include persons sharing your cabin, i.e., 3 ladies sharing a room only one of whom is elite; only one spouse is elite; mom and dad are elite but kids aren't? You're not supposed to do it; you shouldn't; but most people probably do and get away with it. You're probably much lower on the jerk scale if you register at all.

3. If your cabin steward is particularly helpful about your laundry needs, tip him extra just for that. Ditto for any other out of the ordinary service he/she provides. If the steward is particularly bad - and believe it or not we have encountered one, don't feel bad about removing his share of the daily gratuity at the end of the trip (to this day I regret we didn't). This, plus your comments on the sheet they pass out delivers the message loud and clear to his/her supervisors.

4. Like kool kruiser I expect that when we become elite, to the extent it's possible we will have our clothes laundered for easy packing and unpacking when we get home. We tend to cruise Princess so much, those same clothes may actually just stay ready for our next cruise:D.

Perks are rewards for great loyalty to Princess which we have shown for several years now. They appreciate it and we appreciate what they give us to show that appreciation. We won't abuse it.

I agree with your post with the exception of your item #2 - We had our son on a couple of cruises who is gold - I asked the CC rep on board about the laundry and other elite perks and she said other than the free internet and 10% botique discount he was included for other perks including laundry as long as he was in the same room with us.

Ron

Archived