Price Drop

fpat

the cost for our dec. transatlantic is up as well. we got in on the "free air" which isn't totally free but i know thru our ta that the airfares have gone up. we booked a 1a and wouldn't change as we like to pick our cabin location any time we cruise.

jeralyn ;)

We booked our Med cruise on the Quest last September for a 1A veranda. Last month the price dropped $1000 per person! I called our TA and rebooked - upgraded to a SV and still saved $1400 for both of us. Our TA charged $25 to rebook to a lower fare, but at that rate I'll keep checking. Worth $25 to save hundreds!

Hi Kathy,

I got very excited last night and thought ALL the veranda cabins had dropped to $2499 on our Journey cruise in June. They are only the guaranteed 2A verandas. If I change my reservation, I will be on a guarantee list and not know which cabin I get. I like where my 1A cabin is located mid ship on the 7th deck and don't want to change. The money is due shortly and there will probably be cancellations due to the economy so Azamara is trying to

sell out the ship.

Sheila

We took the chance on the 2A guarantee and saved $1400 over our 1A assigned cabin. We didn't care for the cabin we were assigned (6080), but when I called AZ they allowed us to change to 6052, which is about as close to midships as a 2A gets. We got lucky. And I suppose there's still a chance that they'll upgrade us to the penthouse suite...:D;)

Once you are assigned acabin #, you there.

Probably, but not always. We had booked 8003 on the Constellation for our recent Caribbean trip and about two weeks before sailing, we were changed to 9030. Very nice, and we appreciated it, although I think that the reason was that 8003 is a cabin that will sleep 4 and probably there was someone who needed that capability; and, hey, two additional fares for Celebrity, por que no?!

We recently were able to get our price reduced for our 6/18 cruise on the Journey. Our final payment date is coming up on Apr. 2. I was just wondering if the price drops further (especially before our final payment), should we again contact the TA & request further reductions or is that pushing it??!! Has anyone else on here had the experience of requesting a 2nd price reduction?

We recently were able to get our price reduced for our 6/18 cruise on the Journey. Our final payment date is coming up on Apr. 2. I was just wondering if the price drops further (especially before our final payment), should we again contact the TA & request further reductions or is that pushing it??!! Has anyone else on here had the experience of requesting a 2nd price reduction?

ABSOLUTELY! Don't hesitate to ask for any additional reductions should they occur, before or after you make final payment. On our most recent booking, after final payment was made, a balcony guarantee room was offered for a $300 pp discount. We switched from our assigned balcony room...got the $600 credit... and 2 days later was put into a higher category balcony room! :)

Trudy

Hi - I just noticed that you said you're on the 18 June Journey cruise. If that's the one this year, you might want to join the roll call for it. We have 15 or so signed up, will have CC party, etc.

Sam

My travel agent was just able to get a $1400 reduction from what we had been quoted originally last July, in the price of our cabin for the June 18 Baltic cruise.

I just noted that you said you're on the 18 June Baltic cruise on the Journey. There's a roll call for this cruise if you're interested. So far we only have about 15 people signed up, but that will be enough for a CC party.

Sam

It's a good thing I'm my own TA or I would have driven one round the bend, LOL! We originally booked our upcoming Best of Italy cruise in a Sky Suite, then downgraded to a 1A, saving $2600. Then a guarantee opened up, saving us another $1400. Today the guarantee price dropped again, for another $800 in savings.

Although I'm feeling very happy personally, it's a little scary to see how the prices have fallen. I wonder how the line makes any money.

And an excellent reason to join your roll call (besides making great friends and perhaps sharing excursions) is that we all look out for each other - I had posted several price reductions and then was the beneficiary of somebody else catching one today. I had already checked for the day, and they adjusted them later.:)

Oh, and we are after final payment, so we know that can happen!:D

Hi Critterchick,

We're on the Journey -- June 6, 2009. We were originally booked in a Sunset Veranda and our friends in a 2A on Deck 6. By switching to a 1A on Deck 7 (same size cabin), we saved $800 per person. So two days ago, they were offering Senior Rates on the 2A cabins, so we switched again. My husband can't believe it. We still have the same size cabin with a veranda, but have saved a ton of money. Now we can take whichever excursion we want!

Have as great cruise.

Sheila

• 2 months later...

I noticed another price drop for our cruise and called Azamara today. They cheerfully dropped the price for our 2A room. This our fourth price drop, and along the way we have added an on board credit and prepaid gratuities.

Archived