Noordam - 01/23/09 - Good Nuts!

RevNeal

...I just booked Nana and Apa on the "Voyage of the Spammed Reunion" this afternoon too!

When Apa asked Nana, she replied "It would be a shame to be on the West Coast and not go to Hawaii with Brian..."

(Just started a thread on the Zaandam Roll-Calls)

:)

Hi Brian, when you say ...Spammed Reunion are they the people who all met on the past Hawaii trip or is it going the be like the Good Nuts with other people who know any of the other CCers joining along?

This cruise is more tempting by the minute! First all of you guys (Brian, Scotty, Adele, Em, etc.), then Richard and Heather, and now Nana and Apa.

I'd be there in two seconds flat if it were the 2/15 itinerary....it's March with which I have a problem.

Glad you started a Roll Call, Brian. I'll bet Richard will work his magic keeping the names straight! I looked a couple days ago and noticed there wasn't one yet!

Lettie....Miss G. is calling it the Good Nuts go to Hawaii, and everyone here seems to be calling it the Spammed Reunion. Maybe we should somehow combine the two! Reunion of the Spammed Good Nuts :confused: ;) ;)

You asked about posting photos....all I do is load them in photobucket, then copy and paste to a reply here. Initially I had a hard time, too. I attached them (using the paper clip thingy at the top) and they were too small. Once you get used to it, it's very easy, Lettie.

I agree with you Sheila that it seems very tempting. I'm just not sure that I can get Jim on a plane for that long. I know that Richard will do an excellent job keeping the roll call.

Get him one of those mini computers and he can watch movies. I don't think the flight is that long. We've flown to San Francisco and Vancouver. Think that's longer.

Lettie....Miss G. is calling it the Good Nuts go to Hawaii, and everyone here seems to be calling it the Spammed Reunion.
Only one person has been calling it the Voyage of the Spammed Reunion - Brian - and he wasn't even on the original cruise! Color me confused:confused:

Hi Brian, when you say ...Spammed Reunion are they the people who all met on the past Hawaii trip or is it going the be like the Good Nuts with other people who know any of the other CCers joining along?

Well the folks who originally booked this cruise were on the "Voyage of the Spammed" which was aboard Zaandam to Hawaii (which I couldn't attend because I was unemployed at the time...)

...most of those folks were also on the "Good Nuts" which was aboard Noordam to the Caribbean (who's name came primarily from events on a previous Noordam cruise)...

...so if we're gonna bother calling it anything, it kinda makes sense to me what to call this one. ;)

But of course anyone who is willing and able (And has appropriate evening attire...) is welcome to join. :)

Wondering if the Zaandam is due to get an aft lift or go in for drydock?

There are no plans and no need for an aft-lift on Zaandam, Volendam and Amsterdam because they already have the aft pool on Lido Deck and staterooms at the stern of Deck 7.

OK Brian, I saw that fine print that said "appropriate evening attire". Are you refering to my "footwear" on the last cruise by chance?

Oh My Goodness, No...

...I'm referring to Bucket-Hats in the Ocean Bar.

(Adele knows what I mean)

;)

Glad you started a Roll Call, Brian.....

Lettie....Miss G. is calling it the Good Nuts go to Hawaii, and everyone here seems to be calling it the Spammed Reunion. Maybe we should somehow combine the two! Reunion of the Spammed Good Nuts :confused: ;) ;)

I like Good Nuts go to Hawaii myself. Especially since not many of the spammed will be on this one.

Will give this trip thought after I finish my transatlantic.:)

There are no plans and no need for an aft-lift on Zaandam, Volendam and Amsterdam because they already have the aft pool on Lido Deck and staterooms at the stern of Deck 7.

So that means this ship has a real pool aft and not one of those new wading pools coming on some? I really like a real seaview pool or I won't be on some ships in the future!

I hope all the good nuts don't book at once, HAL will raise the price knowing a big crowd is coming!!!:D

Only one person has been calling it the Voyage of the Spammed Reunion - Brian - and he wasn't even on the original cruise! Color me confused:confused:

You're correct, Richard. I just went back and checked! ;)

I'm so excited for you and Heather to be going! What a good guy you are, Richard...that's an awesome birthday gift.

It could be Reunion of the Spammed Good Nuts, but I kind of like Miss G's name.

I'm getting closer and closer to booking this one....We've never done Hawaii, and mostly, I'd love to cruise with the Good Nuts again.

I joined this thread early on to wish everyone a wonderful time together. I rarely post here anymore, but I do know how many CCers have come to know each other and you all had such fun planning the Good Nuts cruise. I loved reading along in this thread as well as Twinkletoes'.

I read "live from..." threads with a sense of envy. I think there were over 50 CCer 'Good Nuts' on this cruise and it seemed like it would be a wonderful time for all of you.

The beauty of cruising today is that the lines make it possible for everyone to enjoy their own style of cruising. Some want to dress up and go to the formal dinners ... some don't.

So I've added a new quote in my signature, one I think we should all keep in mind:

"Those Who Mind Don't Matter, & Those Who Matter Don't Mind"

I agree with you Sheila that it seems very tempting. I'm just not sure that I can get Jim on a plane for that long. I know that Richard will do an excellent job keeping the roll call.

How long a flight is it from Gainesville, Bev? Fred's not thrilled about the prospect either...for that matter, neither am I! I'm mulling it over in my mind....

I feel silly saying that because look how long the flights were for Brian, Scotty, Heather, Richard, etc., etc., etc.!

I like Good Nuts go to Hawaii myself. Especially since not many of the spammed will be on this one.

Will give this trip thought after I finish my transatlantic.:)

I like it to, Lettie. Now, when is your TA? I know you told me but I can't remember the date!

We're giving it thought, too. Never have been to Hawaii....have you?

How long a flight is it from Gainesville, Bev? Fred's not thrilled about the prospect either...for that matter, neither am I! I'm mulling it over in my mind....

I feel silly saying that because look how long the flights were for Brian, Scotty, Heather, Richard, etc., etc., etc.!

Sheila--

If you and Fred chose not to fly, and left Boston at Noon on the Lake Shore Limited to Chicago - then transferred to the Southwest Chief to Los Angeles and then to the Pacific Sunliner - you'd arrive in San Diego at Noon on the 3rd day.

;)

Sheila--

If you and Fred chose not to fly, and left Boston at Noon on the Lake Shore Limited to Chicago - then transferred to the Southwest Chief to Los Angeles and then to the Pacific Sunliner - you'd arrive in San Diego at Noon on the 3rd day.

;)

Thanks for the info, Brian. That sounds interesting. We have some free flights with Jet Blue, so might just have to bite the bullet and do it. I have flown to Sweden; and to Heathrow. So I'm not sure why this is an issue!

I guess it's because both planes that hit the WTC on 9/11 were out of Boston, headed for the West Coast. Having had acquaintences, guests, etc. who died on that day, it still haunts me.

Jacksonville to California was one leg of our flight back home and it took and hour to get from JAX to ATL, then ATL to LAX was only 5.5 hours. Not much at all.

I'm working on Keaka to get him to let me book this cruise. You never know what can happen in over a year! lol

Hi Mary,

I guess it might be about the same from Boston. 5.5 hours. That's not so bad. It was 3 hours from Boston to FFL for us.

I hope you can book this cruise. That would be awesome! Would you just do it "one way?" From San Diego to Hawaii and disembark before the ship sails back to the mainland?

I have some very cute photos of you, Keaka and Hannah. I will email them. I just loaded them into my computer earlier this evening (we did the b2b so dit dn't get home until 2/12...and then I've had a bug most of the time since then...finally tonight I am starting to feel "myself!").

I have to say....Hannah is one of the cutest and sweetest children I've seen...and you have to remember, I have four granddaughters! ;)

I like it to, Lettie. Now, when is your TA? I know you told me but I can't remember the date!

We're giving it thought, too. Never have been to Hawaii....have you?

Hi Sheila, How about Macadamia (aren't they from Hawaii?) Nuts ride the Tide in Hawaii:D

I think Rustaroo suggests it should be a completely new name. That way, we all belong.

I am thinking of going because I have never been to Hawaii either and what a way to go with all these fun CCers! My transatlantic is Oct 27 to Nov 12 so I don't want to decide until that one is over.

PS Did you get my email and photos today? Check your box.

Hi Sheila, How about Macadamia (aren't they from Hawaii?) Nuts ride the Tide in Hawaii:D

I think Rustaroo suggests it should be a completely new name. That way, we all belong.

I am thinking of going because I have never been to Hawaii either and what a way to go with all these fun CCers! My transatlantic is Oct 27 to Nov 12 so I don't want to decide until that one is over.

PS Did you get my email and photos today? Check your box.

Hi Lettie,

I like that name, Macadamia Nuts Ride the Tide in Hawaii! I thought your cruise was end of October!

Thanks, Lettie, for the pictures. Those are great...I appreciate your sending them to me, and will add them to my Good Nuts album. Did you send photos to Elizabeth? I'd love to but am not sure how to do it!

We're thinking of going too......

Archived