Noordam - 01/23/09 - Good Nuts!

RevNeal

Sheila, welcome home. It sounds like you had a very long day, and I know you are happy to be home again. We hope that you can come join Jim and the girls and I on the Feb 3 cruise. We would love to cruise with you and Fred again. Get some rest, and then let us know how the second half went.

Thanks, Bev. My....you're quick! The 2/3 sounds like a good one, don't you think?

I have to say, I soooooooooo enjoyed meeting everyone whose posts have been so helpful and fun for so long.....the really neat thing is that everyone was exactly as I had imagined them to be...did you find that, too?

I just can't even imagine sailing with a more fun group of people. When I think of everyone, a huge smile comes across my face.

I'm headed to bed. Tomorrow I face unpacking, laundry, and all that fun stuff. Yuck. And babysitting our 5 year old granddaughter who will arrive at 8:30. But I will PM all of you my impressions of the 2/2 cruise.

Welcome home Sheila and Fred. Your airport saga sounds like ours! We were delayed so long in Ft. Lauderdale we missed our connecting flight in Montreal and ended up staying overnight. You're right that it wasn't the best way to end such a fabulous cruise:) I have such fond memories of the time onboard.

PS - Hi Bev and Jim!

Hi innlady, welcome home! I wish that the Good Nuts will get together again sometime, lots of fun. I think like you, a 20 day trip in the Caribbean is a little long. If only I could stop eating..... i would stay on forever. My next trip is a 16 transatlantic with mothership Carnival Dream in Oct, Rome to NY. It will be interesting to compare notes. The roll call for this one is very active and I am learning a lot.

The washing and ironing seemed to take forever after the cruise. Have fun.

Any more talk about a future Good Nut reunion cruise?:D

Hi Sheila and Fred,

So glad you're home safe and sound, even though you had a very long travel day. It was very very windy in New York yesterday. Trees were down and there were train delays because of things falling on the tracks so I know sair traffic was backed up. But, now you're home.

I already looked at the 2/3 dates and was happy to see the cruise stops in St. Thomas since we have friends there. We'll have to see; maybe we'll join you.

Looking forward to some of your pictures when you have time, Sheila. Hope you found the kids, grandkids and dogs in good shape.

Cruisinetta...it's not Jason Venner who used to be the CD on the Noordam. It's another Jason.

Actually, it WAS Jason Venner (maybe his name is spelled differently), who was the CD on the Noordam back in the beginning of '07. Our group was very friendly with him. Tall, dark hair, tan and yes, very cute! :)

Welcome home Sheila and Fred. Your airport saga sounds like ours! We were delayed so long in Ft. Lauderdale we missed our connecting flight in Montreal and ended up staying overnight. You're right that it wasn't the best way to end such a fabulous cruise:) I have such fond memories of the time onboard.

PS - Hi Bev and Jim!

Hi Richard....thanks for the welcome home! Sorry that you had a saga similar to ours.

Because we decided to do the Signature baggage service, we were one of the first groups allowed to disembark at 8:15 AM. So that added to the long day since our flight wasn't til 1:20 (and didn't leave FFL til close to 3:50 PM).

Although, I must say, the Signature Baggage Service was well worth it. No luggage hassles.

It was such a fun cruise. What an awesome group of people! When I go through my photos, I'm sure I'll have lots to share. Please give our best to Heather, Jane and Claude, too!

Lettie....I feel the same way....toward the end of the 20 days, I didn't even want to hear the word food! The menu is repeated, too, as you know, so there's a lot of "been there, done that." I've decided that 10 to 14 days is perfect....

Having said that, the added bonus of 80 degree temps for 20+ days was fabulous! At least, upon return here, most of the snow is gone and today it's a whopping 40 degrees!

Count us in for sure if there's a Good Nuts Reunion cruise! ;)

Count us in for sure if there's a Good Nuts Reunion cruise! ;)

Now there's an idea worth tossing around!

I do so agree with what you said about how the people we've come to know from the board are the same in person. This was an absolutely delightful crop of Good Nuts. :D

Actually, it WAS Jason Venner (maybe his name is spelled differently), who was the CD on the Noordam back in the beginning of '07. Our group was very friendly with him. Tall, dark hair, tan and yes, very cute! :)

Hey Em...I worded that incorrectly...I should know better....my mom was an English teacher. ;)

I meant that this Jason the DJ was not the same Jason (Jason Venner), former CD on the Noordam! He was CD on our 02/07 cruise. Sometimes my mind doesn't work in sync with my fingers on the keyboard. :eek:

Now there's an idea worth tossing around!

I do so agree with what you said about how the people we've come to know from the board are the same in person. This was an absolutely delightful crop of Good Nuts. :D

Thinking of all the Good Nuts puts a huge smile on my face. :D A more delightful group of people would be hard to imagine, Ruth. The high point of this cruise wasn't the ship, the itinerary, the food, etc. (although, I certainly have no complaints!). The high point for me was the group of Good Nuts.

Everything was so much fun: Bev's sailaway party, Miss G's cocktail party, the shore excursions she organized, and the five tables we had for dinner. It made for a lot of time to get to know everyone...and as someone said on that 1st shorex in St. Maarten, "what wonderful energy with this group."

Hey Em...I worded that incorrectly...I should know better....my mom was an English teacher. ;)

I meant that this Jason the DJ was not the same Jason (Jason Venner), former CD on the Noordam! He was CD on our 02/07 cruise. Sometimes my mind doesn't work in sync with my fingers on the keyboard. :eek:

gotcha Sheila:) glad you and Fred made it home safely. it was nice to meet you both and i hope to cruise with you again in the future!

Miss Emily, it is so good to see your beautiful face on this board. I hope that you will be able to cruise with us in February of next year. I realize though that you are very popular and you may already have things booked. We are hoping that we can all sail together soon. The Good Nuts were one fantastic group of nice people.

The high point of this cruise wasn't the ship, the itinerary, the food, etc. (although, I certainly have no complaints!). The high point for me was the group of Good Nuts.

Hi Sheila and Fred; We're so glad to see you guys back home safe and sound (and had a fabulous time). "No Complaints" eh? 20 days I don't believe we cold do. Then again, when I see all those "world cruises" being sold out, it makes me wonder. The pictures we were able to view on the "inlet cam" were great also. We just wish that Carol and Sam were in them also. I also see that you guys got out of St. Marteen just in time. Something about riots going on in the French areas. We changed our W/Carib trip by a week as friends of ours from Allentown wanted to go and we changed for them. We're also looking forward to the Veendam next summer. We love the itinerary into St. Georges/Hamilton and hope the prices come down to earth by then. Stay warm & keep in touch! DJ and me

...Here's a great itinerary aboard our favorite ship - It even hits all of the ABC's:

CS0010.jpg

http://www.hollandamerica.com/find-cruise-vacation/CruiseDetails.action?durationCode=3&noOfFlexibleMonths=1&portCode=&shipCodeSearch=&flexibleMonths=false&pageNumber=1&voyageCode=N014&destCode=C&dateCode=2_2010

What do you think of the Jan 4th or Jan 24th departures?

Brian, the only problem with those dates for me, and why we booked the February 3rd sailing on the Noordam, is that my cabin was booked until the 3rd. The 3rd was the first open date for us, and it does my favorite island, St Lucia. They also stop at Barbados which we have never been to, and of course a St. Thomas stop was added.

Brian, the only problem with those dates for me, and why we booked the February 3rd sailing on the Noordam, is that my cabin was booked until the 3rd. The 3rd was the first open date for us, and it does my favorite island, St Lucia. They also stop at Barbados which we have never been to, and of course a St. Thomas stop was added.

Oh Poo...

...and we probably shouldn't do the Feb 13th departure since that's a school holiday.

Well, I'd certainly enjoy going back to Megan's Bay and having lunch at Cuzzins...

...and Barbados is lovely - We'll have to get a car to take us to Sandy Lane for a deluxe luncheon on the terrace.

(Don't forget to wear something Pink!)

;)

http://www.sandylane.com/

Archived