Best Ship for kids.

oavcech95

Hi I would like to know a ship more for kids, because Celebrity is more for couples.
In general Disney, Carnival, NCL and Royal Caribbean are much more family friendly than Celebrity, HAL, Azamara or any of the luxury lines.

However, some ships are better than others based on the children's age and interests. For example, all the Carnival ships have water slides while very few of the Royal Caribbean ships have water slides. And the Royal Caribbean ship's water slides are designed for very young children while Carnival's water slides can be used by a young child or an adult (or any age in between).

ovacech, the problem wasn't that Celebrity doesn't have many kids "ever" but the problem was the itinerary you chose for your first cruise. I think I did advise you that a South American itinerary for 2 weeks would have very few kids, so that was the problem with your first cruise and the lack of kids on Infinity.

If you want more kids you need to cruise when US schools are on vacation. That means Christmas (and cruises that leave out of a US port and not South America), Spring Break (usually the month of March and the first two weeks of April), and summer. Also, cruises of 7 days and not longer, tend to attract more kids.

That said, Royal Caribbean, Carnival, NCL and Princess tend to attract families as well as Celebrity as long as the cruise starts and ends in the US and is during a school holiday.

Not many families take their kids to South America. It isn't a popular destination with younger people. Same with Austrialia and Asia.

More families are going to Alaska and Europe during the summer.

Caribbean cruises are usually the cheapest and attract couples with children. Also younger people prefer to be on the warm weather cruises.

I would say there is an evolution in cruising. First timers usually do Caribbean cruises. After they get bored with them they go to Alaska. After than to Europe. After that to Panama. After that to South America. After that to Polynesia. After that to Australia or Asia. Then they abandon the big ships and do the little ships and river cruises.

So if you are young and want to be with young people do the Caribbean 7-night cruises.

ovacech, the problem wasn't that Celebrity doesn't have many kids "ever" but the problem was the itinerary you chose for your first cruise. I think I did advise you that a South American itinerary for 2 weeks would have very few kids, so that was the problem with your first cruise and the lack of kids on Infinity.

No there were like 500 kids, but is that the ports were not for them.

Hi I would like to know a ship more for kids, because Celebrity is more for couples.

Can't go wrong with their Celebrity's sister line RCL. The Voyager and Freedom classes have the most to do on board. Oasis will have even more. In terms of ports, the warm weather ports tend to have the most for kids as they focus on outdoor activities. I haven't been to Alaska but I believe they these have many shore activities geared to kids and families - e.g., dog sled rides, zip lines, ...

The best is a matter of opinion. ;)

I prefer the Royal Caribbean Freedom Class because of the H20 Zone. On Carnival, my 4 year old is still too short for the slides. So the slides on Carnival work for my 8 year old, not my 4 year old.

My 8 year old also like the ice skating, rock climbing and parades on Royal Caribbean Freedom ships.

The best is a matter of opinion. ;)

I prefer the Royal Caribbean Freedom Class because of the H20 Zone. On Carnival, my 4 year old is still too short for the slides. So the slides on Carnival work for my 8 year old, not my 4 year old.

My 8 year old also like the ice skating, rock climbing and parades on Royal Caribbean Freedom ships.

Thanks, but wat is Royal Carribean Freedom class, is their types of vessels or what?

Thanks, but wat is Royal Carribean Freedom class, is their types of vessels or what?

A class of ships is named after the first ship of the class. A class of ships are ships that share the same hull design. Thus, everything is in the same place. The only difference is the interior theme.

Royal Caribbean's Freedom class consists of the Freedom of the Seas, the Liberty of the Seas and the Independence of the Seas.

Can't go wrong with their Celebrity's sister line RCL. The Voyager and Freedom classes have the most to do on board. Oasis will have even more. In terms of ports, the warm weather ports tend to have the most for kids as they focus on outdoor activities. I haven't been to Alaska but I believe they these have many shore activities geared to kids and families - e.g., dog sled rides, zip lines, ...

We did Alaska for our first cruise and our kids were 8 and 9 at the time. Alaska definitely has something for everyone. They even have a somewhat corny lumberjack show in Ketchikan. I'm glad we did Alaska as it really gave my kids, well all of us really, a chance to see nature at its best, and before the glaciers are gone.

A class of ships is named after the first ship of the class. A class of ships are ships that share the same hull design. Thus, everything is in the same place. The only difference is the interior theme.

Royal Caribbean's Freedom class consists of the Freedom of the Seas, the Liberty of the Seas and the Independence of the Seas.

thanks

for 13 and 9 ... I would think the Royal Caribbean ships would be best! My neighbor just went on the Vision over new years and had a blast! They had kids from age 4 to age 17 with them and all of them had a good time! I'm sure you really can't go wrong with any of them really... RCCL or Carnival or NCL!

Right now we are hoping to do a Mexican Riviera since we are close to the port... we have an almost 4 year old and a 7.5 year old. We are deciding between the Carnival Splendor which is a NEW ship.... lots of good info and pics here if it helps you

https://www.bookccl.com/irman/fleet/splendor/splendor.html

Or the RCCL Mariner of the Seas which is apparently a nice big ship too.

I just can't decide if my kids would have more fun with a waterslide and spray park or a rock climbing wall, an ice rink and a johnny rockets! Decisions decisions..... and yeah I agree with other who said the time of year and the itinerary does play a big part in whether the kids have other kids to hang out with or not! We honeymooned in the caribbean and it was FANTASTIC! We loved St Thomas ... well all the ports were great really. Well do another caribbean cruise if the kids enjoy the kids programs and the Mexican Riviera!

Good Luck making your decision!

13 and 9

Your best bet is to fly to Miami from Mexico City and get on one of the RCCL ships. You'll get a good deal on prices and the airfare is reasonable. If you want a cruise longer than a week - similar to your South American cruise - just do a "back to back" cruise (e.g., Western Caribbean followed by Eastern)

Disney is great for families as well but I couldn't justify the price after going on RCCL.

Archived