What Terminal two Princess ships in FLL

chiokie

When Princess has two ships in FLL what terminals do they use? On 02/08/09 the Crown and the Emerald are in port. I know that Princess uses terminal 2 but I am not sure it would handle two ships.

I have seen two Princess ships at the Pier 2 location at the same time. Last year, the Emerald and the Grand were both there.....the Emerald docked along the main channel, and the Grand facing east and west in the basin immediately to the south.

I ask the same question to a Princes rep. for my Ruby cruise leaving Ft Lauderdale on Feb 28. She said that it was showing terminal #1 for the outbound and #2 for the return. I have never seen it that way but hope it is true. Since I drive and park @ the terminal it makes life a lot easier if the ship starts and returns at the same place.

I ask the same question to a Princes rep. for my Ruby cruise leaving Ft Lauderdale on Feb 28. She said that it was showing terminal #1 for the outbound and #2 for the return. I have never seen it that way but hope it is true. Since I drive and park @ the terminal it makes life a lot easier if the ship starts and returns at the same place.

not to worry.....see the link below and note that those two terminals are right beside each other and use the same parking garage....

http://www.porteverglades.org/directions.php

If a ship returns to a different area of the port than where it departed, Princess puts on shuttle buses to take you to where your car is parked.

not to worry.....see the link below and note that those two terminals are right beside each other and use the same parking garage....

http://www.porteverglades.org/directions.php

If a ship returns to a different area of the port than where it departed, Princess puts on shuttle buses to take you to where your car is parked.

Believe it or not, but this is always my biggest concern when we drive down to Ft. Lauderdale, are we leaving and returning from the same terminal area. On at least 2 different occasions we have left from the south terminal area and returned to the north area and because we knew this in advance we parked in the returning area after dropping off the luggage and either walked or caught a shuttle back. It just seems a lot easier to have the car close so all we need to do is have the porter take the bags up to the parking area (for a nice tip) and off we go.

On the upcoming cruise we have the Crown in port the same time as the Island. Until we see the Harbormaster's report, I will guess that the Crown has #2 because of her size and we'll get #18 or 25 or something in between as I have seen Princess in a variety of different pier locations in that area. On the return, the Island is the only Princess ship in port so we'll have #2 which means I get to do the car logistic game again (unless they put both ships in the northern terminal or the Crown takes the southern terminal.

Oh well, wait and see and if that is the only issue for the cruise, I'm a happy guy.

Believe it or not, but this is always my biggest concern when we drive down to Ft. Lauderdale, are we leaving and returning from the same terminal area. On at least 2 different occasions we have left from the south terminal area and returned to the north area and because we knew this in advance we parked in the returning area after dropping off the luggage and either walked or caught a shuttle back. It just seems a lot easier to have the car close so all we need to do is have the porter take the bags up to the parking area (for a nice tip) and off we go.

On the upcoming cruise we have the Crown in port the same time as the Island. Until we see the Harbormaster's report, I will guess that the Crown has #2 because of her size and we'll get #18. On the return, the Island is the only Princess ship in port so we'll have #2 which means I get to do the car logistic game again (unless they put both ships in the northern terminal or the Crown takes the southern terminal.

Oh well, wait and see and if that is the only issue for the cruise, I'm a happy guy.

Yes, we frequently drive down from Ontario, and also like to leave the car at the terminal that we are returning to. Catching the bus is a pain....much easier to travel by yourself between locations in advance.

• 1 month later...
Yes, we frequently drive down from Ontario, and also like to leave the car at the terminal that we are returning to. Catching the bus is a pain....much easier to travel by yourself between locations in advance.
Thats why I always use Park & Fly http://www.pnf.com/ good discount for AAA members don't know about CAA.

Archived