Video Cruise Review - Serenade of the Seas, Jan 10 - 17

BILL-WI

Great video; you have an excellent speaking voice. Better than the ship's version. We were on the 1/10 & 1/17 Serenade voyages. We probably saw you in the Hollywood Odyssey. You stayed in Cabin 1554 and we were in 1542 so probably saw you on the balcony as well. Is the bed slightly sideways, as the cabin appears to be at an angle? We like that location (close to the Concierge) but worry about riding sideways while sleeping.

Great video; you have an excellent speaking voice. Better than the ship's version. We were on the 1/10 & 1/17 Serenade voyages. We probably saw you in the Hollywood Odyssey. You stayed in Cabin 1554 and we were in 1542 so probably saw you on the balcony as well. Is the bed slightly sideways, as the cabin appears to be at an angle? We like that location (close to the Concierge) but worry about riding sideways while sleeping.

The cabin is bowed out along the wall between the cabin and the balcony because it is at the beginning of the hump. The bed is along a straight wall and is in a parallel line with the front of the ship.

I slept like a rock eveynight!

BILL

Bill, THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking the time to put together such a wonderful video. We leave 1 week from today on Serenade and your video has pushed my excitement level to new heights!!!! We are doing the Silvermoon sail as well. You should try to sell your video to RCCL! Or perhaps negotiate a free cruise or two in exchange for it!!! Well Done~!:D

Bill, THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking the time to put together such a wonderful video. We leave 1 week from today on Serenade and your video has pushed my excitement level to new heights!!!! We are doing the Silvermoon sail as well. You should try to sell your video to RCCL! Or perhaps negotiate a free cruise or two in exchange for it!!! Well Done~!:D

You will love the Silver Moon tour. It is one of the best tours we have EVER done! A very relaxing day with excellent service! The snorkeling with the turtles was great fun and done in water that was only about 15" feet deep; good for even a novice!

Have a great time...I hope your weather is perfect and the seas are calm!

BILL

I watched all three videos earlier this morning! I Loved the Videos! I see ya'll ate at either Chops Grille, or Portofino's every night!

We love Chops and Portofino...The service is second to none and the food is even better! :D

BILL

Hi Bill ,

Its Stephen here from Northern Ireland , I have just spent the last half hour viewing what I can only describe as the best review I have ever seen ! As the other fellow Cruise Critic members have stated ... Many thanks for taking the time and effort to put such a review together . You can probably tell by the number of posts you have got that it is much appreciated .

I will be boarding Independence of the Seas in May and watching your video has given me a new drive to " capture every moment "

Cheers Bill and happy cruising ...:rolleyes:

Thanks for all the fantastic comments. I am glad all of you enjoyed the video cruise review.

Bonnie...because of your and CLQs recommendations, we did the Cosol tour; we loved it!

Arlene...I use a program from Photodex, called ProShow Producer. It has more bells and whistles than I could ever use, but each time I use the program I learn another neat function.

BILL

Yes, Cosol's tour WAS great. I noticed your tour was in a different order than ours and had a component that was different from ours...you took a water taxi out to the Jalousie Plantation (the beach at the base of the Pitons) and we drove there with our tour guide. Also, we visited the waterfall early in the tour and you appear to have gone there later. I wonder if the water taxi is a new feature in the tour, or if there was just some reason on your visit that they couldn't make the drive out there? I have never heard anyone mention taking a water taxi on Cosol's tour before. Either way, it is an amazing tour and is not to be missed! I think the thing that stuck with my family the most on that tour (besides that alcoholic "concoction" we drank and the burning sensation that followed) was those amazing bananas right off the tree and the bread and cheese at the end of the tour. Did you guys stop in town and get warm bread and cheese? I don't remember you mentioning it. It was just the perfect ending to a perfect day for us!

Yes, Cosol's tour WAS great. I noticed your tour was in a different order than ours and had a component that was different from ours...you took a water taxi out to the Jalousie Plantation (the beach at the base of the Pitons) and we drove there with our tour guide. Also, we visited the waterfall early in the tour and you appear to have gone there later. I wonder if the water taxi is a new feature in the tour, or if there was just some reason on your visit that they couldn't make the drive out there? I have never heard anyone mention taking a water taxi on Cosol's tour before. Either way, it is an amazing tour and is not to be missed! I think the thing that stuck with my family the most on that tour (besides that alcoholic "concoction" we drank and the burning sensation that followed) was those amazing bananas right off the tree and the bread and cheese at the end of the tour. Did you guys stop in town and get warm bread and cheese? I don't remember you mentioning it. It was just the perfect ending to a perfect day for us!

The water Taxi is very new because the Hilton at Jalousie beach will no longer let Cosol use the roads on their property...they want a payoff!:eek: Go figure! By the way, the snorkeling at the base of the Piton was fabulous!

Yes, we had the warm bread and cheese at the end of the tour. The bread was not warm however...it was HOT, HOT, HOT, and very good!

Cosol is a very popular tour and he had over 90 people on the tour form the Serenade. I think each van does things in a different order, so they do not end up with an overload at any of the stops, but somehow, all the vans arrived in the same place, at the sometime, for the FANTASTIC breakfast snacks! Yummy!:D:D

I highly recommend the tour to everyone!

BILL

Hi Bill ,

Its Stephen here from Northern Ireland , I have just spent the last half hour viewing what I can only describe as the best review I have ever seen ! As the other fellow Cruise Critic members have stated ... Many thanks for taking the time and effort to put such a review together . You can probably tell by the number of posts you have got that it is much appreciated .

I will be boarding Independence of the Seas in May and watching your video has given me a new drive to " capture every moment "

Cheers Bill and happy cruising ...:rolleyes:

Thanks for the wonderful words!

By the way...I am a friend of Henry too!:D

2766908940080875955S600x600Q85.jpg

BILL

Hey, Bill--

Way to go! The one I watched before supper was fantastic. Well done, and as Bonnie said-- brought back great memories. Glad you enjoyed the Cosol tour. I'd go back and do that again if I did that cruise again tomorrow.

Wow! What an excellent video review! I can't wait to do this cruise in 2010. The travel channel could learn something from you. We'll be on the Serenade in 240 or so days (but who's counting?) for our Panama Canal cruise, and I can't wait. We're just north of Milwaukee too (Glendale), and this weather is so depressing. Thanks for this virtual get-away Bill. I enjoy all of your posts. Stay warm.

Lindsay

Wow! What an excellent video review! I can't wait to do this cruise in 2010. The travel channel could learn something from you. We'll be on the Serenade in 240 or so days (but who's counting?) for our Panama Canal cruise, and I can't wait. We're just north of Milwaukee too (Glendale), and this weather is so depressing. Thanks for this virtual get-away Bill. I enjoy all of your posts. Stay warm.

Lindsay

Hey Lindsay...We are neighbors...Whitefish Bay! Panama Cruise? Check this out to wet your appetite!

Enjoyed your videos so much!!! We were in Suite 1554 1/3-1/10/09. It was great to see Shawn and "our" suite again!!!!:D

My suite!!!:D:D But I share well with others!:)

Hey, Bill--

Way to go! The one I watched before supper was fantastic. Well done, and as Bonnie said-- brought back great memories. Glad you enjoyed the Cosol tour. I'd go back and do that again if I did that cruise again tomorrow.

You recommendation of Cosol was excellent! I owe you man!:D

BILL

Bill,

Great video!! Just curious, is there a reason you ate at the specialty restaurants every night and not in the main dining room? Any discount?

I wish we got a discount, but instead we get AWESOME food every night!

Due to our work schedules, my wife and I seldom go out to eat when we are home. When we cruise, we pull out all the stops and splurge a bit. We enjoy the ambiance, the service, and the quality of the food in Chops and Portofino. Yes, it adds a bit to my Seapass account, but we feel it is worth every penny!

If RCI ever offered a discount on multiple trips to the specialty venues, I would certainly take it, but even at full price, we feel we are getting a value! :D

BILL

Awesome videos. We will be on Seranade for spring break. Now I'm really looking forward to the trip. We also enjoyed the music behind your videao. Again, excellent job!

PS Is the per person price for Chops and Portofino still $25 per person or has it gone up?

Archived