HA shuttle from Port of Gruz into Dubrovnik??

floridafolks

It was suggested on the Europe/Med board that we take the ship's shuttle -if there is one--instead of walking into the Old Town Wall from the port. Does anyone know if HA has a shuttle--If so, how often does it run and what is the cost??

Last year there was a shuttle which cost about $5. IIRC it could be bought from Shore Excursions and I believe they were also selling tickets at the Front Desk when the ship was in Dubrovnik and the Shore excursions desk was closed.

Alas the days of "free" shuttles by cruise lines seem to be in the past.

• 2 years later...

We will be on a HAL cruise stopping in Dubrovnik in May 2012. How can we know in advance if Holland America wil offer a shuttle service. If they do not offer it, how much would a taxi cost from cruise port to the old town.

Thanks,

I was just there in May and HAL did offer a shuttle (for a small fee-round trip) Took about 15 minutes so you don't want to walk it. The info about it was posted in the information they give you about the next's days port in your cabin. It was easy and quick. And by the way you will love Dubrovnik.

It is easy to take local transportation from where the ship docks to Old Town. A bus stop is right outside the terminal gate and it cost about $1 (In their money, of course!). We did so both ways on an Oosterdam cruise two years ago. It is about 2 miles.

Dan

We will be on a HAL cruise stopping in Dubrovnik in May 2012. How can we know in advance if Holland America wil offer a shuttle service. If they do not offer it, how much would a taxi cost from cruise port to the old town.

Thanks,

Hi Jackie,

We could share a taxi if you like ( 10 Euros ) ? Or there is also a city bus but it only takes local currency. We can exchange dollars/euros at the port for kunas. It is much cheaper to take the city bus ( 8kn which is less than 1.00euro, I think! ) I love Rick Steves sometimes!:D

Denise

Hi Jackie,

We could share a taxi if you like ( 10 Euros ) ? Or there is also a city bus but it only takes local currency. We can exchange dollars/euros at the port for kunas. It is much cheaper to take the city bus ( 8kn which is less than 1.00euro, I think! ) I love Rick Steves sometimes!:D

Denise

We were there in October on the NA. No shuttle. Shared taxi and got a nice tour for slightly more than standard fare. Forgot how much. Very reasonable for 4 persons.

We arrived by ferry. Asd others have said, you can take a local bus. They come frequently. Buy your ticket at the store located in the island just accross from the taxi ranks. Or...take a cab.

Frankly, for $7 pp. I would take a cab or a local bus. Sometimes, it is faster to take the bus because there can be line ups for the cabs.

Archived