Please help with FLL hotels!!

Conwaycruiser

I've spent hours reading through these boards and have finally decided I would ask some more specific questions. My DH and I are celebrating our 22nd anniversary on the Carnival Freedom, feb 22, 2009. We will be flying down to FLL on Sat evening, the 21st. Our flight doesn't touch down until 10pm. We've never been here and really don't want to pay a fortune just for a few hours to sleep. We'll just get up and go to the port around 10:30 or 11:00. I already have a reservation at Hyatt Place, which i would think was a good deal if we got there earlier in the day, or stayed a day or two. Since we're not, I would like to get something cheaper. 2 of the Days inn, one on north 26th, and one on west broward blvd I can get for 85-95$. Since we will arrive so late and will not need to walk around town or even venture out of the hotel, would it be worth it? Is it CLEAN? LaQuinta is more around 129 a night. Any thoughts about these or others to keep costs down since we won't be there long:?

the holiday inn express on 17th is going for around 210/night. Right now i have Hyatt Place for 161/a night(without taxes). I'm just trying to save some money since we won't be there long and don't plan on getting out and walking around. But i don't want to stay in a dump either.

I've spent hours reading through these boards and have finally decided I would ask some more specific questions. My DH and I are celebrating our 22nd anniversary on the Carnival Freedom, feb 22, 2009. We will be flying down to FLL on Sat evening, the 21st. Our flight doesn't touch down until 10pm. We've never been here and really don't want to pay a fortune just for a few hours to sleep. We'll just get up and go to the port around 10:30 or 11:00. I already have a reservation at Hyatt Place, which i would think was a good deal if we got there earlier in the day, or stayed a day or two. Since we're not, I would like to get something cheaper. 2 of the Days inn, one on north 26th, and one on west broward blvd I can get for 85-95$. Since we will arrive so late and will not need to walk around town or even venture out of the hotel, would it be worth it? Is it CLEAN? LaQuinta is more around 129 a night. Any thoughts about these or others to keep costs down since we won't be there long:?

The Days Inn at 1700 W. Broward is in the worst part of crack-town. Even if it's clean, do not stay there.

I have stayed at the HIEX Convention Center and liked it a lot.

A taxi ride which normally takes about 15 minutes from the airport

took us 1.5 hours by using HIEX shuttle. Just missed it before it returned to the hotel, then they had wait for all going back to the airport, then drop them off at each airline before picking us up.

Next time we decided on Embassy Suites. 15 minute taxi ride, cocktail hour, and full breakfast next morning was great.

In fact we are staying at Embassy Suites again March 10th the night before our Regent Navigator cruise.

I have never used priceline before for bidding and can use a little help. I am looking at precruise hotel in FLL for 2 nights. THe Embassy Suites on 17th sounds great, but it is $212/night. How does the pricline bidding work? What if it gives me a crappy hotel? How much do I bid? Any help would be great.

You are guaranteed the star level you select and in what area you pick. You can look on Priceline's website to see what hotels they use. Priceline will give you suggestions as to what to bid but you can get that info on this message board as well. I only put in what I am willing to pay. I think you are limited to how many bids you can put in without changing the star level. I selected three stars and my bid of $75.00 was rejected, then I changed to two star and it was accepted. Most of the hotels are two star and I knew what was in the area I was looking at. You just have to do a bit of reasearch before you bid. You can also google 'how to use priceline'. Lots of info out there.

Anyone know which hotels in Ft. Lauderdale offer complimentary parking for cruise passengers who stay one night precruise?? Do they offer a shuttle to/from the port?

Laquinta at the airport offers complimentary parking

AND shuttle service. I have read many excellent reviews

about this property:)

Also, I have friends who stayed at the Hampton Inn

in Plantation. Its further west but they left their car

on property too and shuttle service was offered as well.

Hope this helps a bit:)

Lois,

Thanks so much! I thought about starting a new post and asking for your advise, because I thought I remembered you leaving your car, but thought it was a Country Inn and Suites or some other "suites" hotel chain. Although we have cruised several times from Ft. Lauderdale, we have always flown before. I will check these out.

I see you still have the cruise addiction........we have it bad!:D

Lois,

Thanks so much! I thought about starting a new post and asking for your advise, because I thought I remembered you leaving your car, but thought it was a Country Inn and Suites or some other "suites" hotel chain. Although we have cruised several times from Ft. Lauderdale, we have always flown before. I will check these out.

I see you still have the cruise addiction........we have it bad!:D

Oh, I did leave my car too.:) That was when the Amerisuites

was there (Its now the Hyatt Place) Not sure if they have

the car thing now or not...you could call them.

Actually I believe we sailed together on one of those cruises.

Yes, I love cruising.:D The value is unmatched for me!

Use USAROL promo code for La Quinta 25% discount....For the night of Feb 21st the rate is $127.20.......free shuttle from airport....free breakfast.

Archived