Romeinlimo in 3 ports?

We are touring with romeinlimo in 3 different cities and I know they don't take a credit card. How did most of you pay for their services?

Who have gone to the Vatican in the afternoon - around 2:00pm. How long were the lines to buy tickets and enter at that time? I've read about people waiting in line for up to 3 hours but wondered if that was only in the morning.

Is it possible to visit the Sistine Chapel ONLY without going through the rest of the Vatican Museum...

Also, how do you arrange for tickets in advance for St. Mark's in Venice.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

When we hired Romeinlimo for the three of us, we paid with euros.....just had the amount agreed upon ready ahead of time. We went to the Vatican in the afternoon and the lines were around the block. Luckily our driver had our guide we hired get the tickets ahead of time for us so we did not wait in line at all.....We did visit the Sistine Chapel and it is well worth the price - so wonderful! I don't think you can get to it without going through the museum though.

We did not go to Venice, so I cannot help you there.

We also used Romeinlimo for Pisa/Florence and they took us up into the Tuscany Hills to several places....structured to your own likes and dislikes. Have a great cruise, and ask away if you have any other questions.

When we hired Romeinlimo for the three of us, we paid with euros.....just had the amount agreed upon ready ahead of time. We went to the Vatican in the afternoon and the lines were around the block. Luckily our driver had our guide we hired get the tickets ahead of time for us so we did not wait in line at all.....We did visit the Sistine Chapel and it is well worth the price - so wonderful! I don't think you can get to it without going through the museum though.

We did not go to Venice, so I cannot help you there.

We also used Romeinlimo for Pisa/Florence and they took us up into the Tuscany Hills to several places....structured to your own likes and dislikes. Have a great cruise, and ask away if you have any other questions.

Thank you

I got in touch with Duman but he was not available for the date that we needed. He said that his driver Francesco would probably take care of us. Has anyone ever had this driver??

We had RomeinLimo for three tours last summer and cannot recommend them enough. Every single one of their drivers and guides were friendly, knowledgeable & professional. We did have Duman in Rome and he was fantastic, but Francesco drove us from Rome to the port. We expected only a ride, but we got much more. During the trip, Francesco shared his knowledge about Rome and the surrounding countryside. We threw him a curveball as one of the couples with us stayed at a different hotel and we weren't sure where it was. He handled it beautifully and got us to the port just as boarding began. We also had the services of Sarah as our guide in the Vatican, whom I can highly recommend. Her knowledge of art and Vatican history was astounding. In Livorno, GianMa was our guide. He picked us up at port, took us to Pisa, then Florence, then olive oil farm and countryside before heading back to port. He also was fantastic! Seriously, the service was well worth the cost (which was shared between 3 couples) and I will hire them again when we return. The ships' excursions just couldn't compete.

Thank you

I got in touch with Duman but he was not available for the date that we needed. He said that his driver Francesco would probably take care of us. Has anyone ever had this driver??

I used romeinlimo for Palermo in January. Our driver, Lucca, was a great young man and we had a wonderful day. I also have 3 tours for Italy booked next Fall. I have had prompt, thorough emails with many questions responded to by Jany. After reading these boards and correspondence with both Jany & Duman, I believe that all of the guides Duman utilizes are very good. I think you'll be very satisfied.

Martha

I would love to book Romeinlimo now for our cruise in June. However, my rollcall is completely dead at the moment. Only three of us have posted. I can't afford Romeinlimo's prices for just the two of us - we have to get put with a larger group. What is the best strategy here? Should I book now? Take a chance with time and wait until the rollcall gets more active (hopefully)? Or will romeinlimo put you with a group that they have currently booked? I don't want to take a chance and miss the opportunity to book with them.

Hi

We were only 2 and loved the wonderful way in which we were treated. We used romeinlimo from the airport to the cruiseport and all things in between. Our driver tourguide pciked us up either at our hotel each morning or met us somewhere in the middle of downtown and started our tour outside the Vatican since we had been there before we didn't need a guide. I would highly recommend them whether you are alone or witha group. Why don't5 you email Jany , tell him of your predicament. I just know there will be a resolution that meets with your budget requirements and what you want to see. We are already signed up again for Rome on our next TA on the Solstice in November. I wouldn't use any other company.

Happy Cruising!

Faith

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone happen to know if they have cars that hold 4 people exactly? I see that they have sedans listed as 1-3 & then it jumps up to 6. Wondering if they could hold 4 passengers? There will be 4 of us, so if not I guess we'd need to book for 6 & then find a couple people to join us...

Thanks for your help!

• 2 weeks later...

We used these folks last September for our first Med trip and had them arrange for private guides in Rome-Vatican/Florence-Uffuzi, etc./Amalfi-Pompei. There is no way you could see and do all that we did in such a short time in each port! It was not cheap I paid about 450E per day plus 100E to 150E for the guides.

We heard a lot of horror stories about the ships tours ie inFlorence the buses can not negotiate the narrow streets so they drop you about a mile from the center of the city. These guys were able to drive into the city center and drop us off in many cases right in front of the destination and then using the guides passes cut the lines and walk right into the museum etc. They wereprofessional, prompt and I am using them again this year.

Good luck!

Hi - Webstercruisers here. We had an awesome cruise on the NCL Jade in January this year. There were six of us that chose the Romeinlimo tour for Rome! This was the best experience/tour of all of ports we visited. The driver put us first and made the day special for us. He was not hurried and was open to everything we wanted to see. We let him chose the restaurant for lunch and it was the best meal we had on the trip! I would highly recommend them. The price we got included the transportation to and from the port.

We had thought originally that we would take the train. Turned out the day we were there was a religious holiday and there was some kind of a protest or demonstration going on near the Trevi Fountain and had we done this tour on our own it would have been extremely difficult. The trains were on a different schedule and the traffic was a mess, but our driver knew how to avoid the bottleneck.

We have great memories of our day in Rome!

Eileen

• 1 month later...

We are booked with Romeinlimo for Legend of the Seas this summer. I'm looking for specific recommendations for drivers, as we will need 2 in each of the following ports:

Livorno

Messina (Sicily)

Naples

So far I've seen recommendations for several drivers in Livorno, but only Vinny in Naples and nobody in Messina.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

David

I just used romeinlimo two weeks ago. I used them in Rome, and Livorno. In Livorno you will most likely get Laura and David. Laura was excellent, she knows everything about Pisa,Florence, and surrounding areas. She will take you to places that the tour buses don't go. On the way back to the ship ask her to take u for some Gelato. Tell her That Timmy from Voyager of the Seas said to take you there. You won't be disappointed. She is great. Romeinlimo is professional and they will take care of you. If you have any questions let me know.

Hi - Webstercruisers here. We had an awesome cruise on the NCL Jade in January this year. There were six of us that chose the Romeinlimo tour for Rome! This was the best experience/tour of all of ports we visited. The driver put us first and made the day special for us. He was not hurried and was open to everything we wanted to see. We let him chose the restaurant for lunch and it was the best meal we had on the trip! I would highly recommend them. The price we got included the transportation to and from the port.

We had thought originally that we would take the train. Turned out the day we were there was a religious holiday and there was some kind of a protest or demonstration going on near the Trevi Fountain and had we done this tour on our own it would have been extremely difficult. The trains were on a different schedule and the traffic was a mess, but our driver knew how to avoid the bottleneck.

We have great memories of our day in Rome!

Eileen

Do you remember the name of your driver in Rome? From what I understand, it is important to specify a driver otherwise you could end up with someone who doesn't talk.

We just returned from the 5/25 sailing of the Solstice. We used Rome in Limo in both Rome and Naples. Both tours were excellent. I highly recommend them to anyone traveling to Italy by cruise or land tour. Our guide in Rome was Duman and in Naples, Franco. In addition to tour guides; we had private guides at St Peters Cathedral and Pompeii that were arranged by Rome In Limo and they were both very knowledgable. Well worth the money.

Lucy

We used Rome In Limo for our post cruise Rome Countryside Tour. What a great way to end a fabulous vacation. Our driver was Nicola and he was great. He magically fit 3 couples luggage into the van and took excellent care of us the entire day!

Hi Kathy,

I hope I'm not to late in replying. I used Romeinlimo for Pisa/Forence and Naples/Pompeii/Sorrento & Positano. I regret not using them for Rome. We were able to get 8 peolple so we (on both excursions ) went in a 8 passenger Mercedes mini bus . We got a discount because 1) We were 8 2) we used them more than once.

I really recommend you try to get 8 because of the minibus option. If you go 6 ,you'll get a minivan. The bus is much roomier.

We paid 550 Euros total so the per individual was very reasonable.

The two guides we got were top of the line ! They took us to every major site. Not once did I hear " I'm so sorry we didn't get to see......"

I have never had better excursions. I may sound like a commercial but they were that good.

Have a great cruise.

Barry

Archived