which deck balconies look over the life boats?

39august

On Voyager class ships, which balconies look down on the life boats? I think it is deck 6. Don't want to not be able to look straight down to the water. Help, please! Hoping to book Navigator soon and trying to locate the least expensive D catagory, all of which are on deck 6.

Kay, I was told by my TA that the ones on the aft end are ok, ie: 6374 and 6376 as well as the two on the opposite side. We had this question too... when booking our Brilliance cruise as well as with future cruise plans on a voyager class ship. I like to look straight down too!!! I hope you get a more definitive answer from someone who has stayed in one of the deck 6 D1's. Good luck!!

I believe that really isn't a problem on any of the Voyager Class ships, all those side balcony cabins can look straight down to the water. I think you are getting it mixed up with the Radiance Class ships which have covers over the life boats which can be in the way of looking straight down if you have a balcony midship on deck 7 or 8.

Here's a Picture showing what i mean from Radiance of the Seas. Voyager Class ships ARE NOT like this.

215073210fyVylR_ph.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I believe on the Miracle, it was also deck 6, and we had one of those overlooking the lifeboats. I hated it, but my husband said it made no difference to him. I personally like to look down at the water not straight ahead all the time. Bothered me a lot. Would not book one of those again.

The Voyager class ships rigs the lifeboats inboard, directly over the promenade deck. They are completely contained within the hull when they are stowed.

They will not block views from any of the balconies of the sea.

Mark

Isn't there a deck on all Voyager class ships that the balcony "facade" is made of metal rather than glass? And that when you're sitting down you can't see through the metal ones, so you have to be standing in order to enjoy the view. Is it deck six as well?

Lynne

Archived