International Cafe???

burbanum

From what I have read on other posts, the International Cafe has many free items. This includes many pastry selections and sandwiches. They serve gelato and some other things that have a cost involved but they are marked. I am looking forward to trying it myself!

Enjoy your cruise. We will be right "behind" you in the Emerald, departing 3/10/09.

Beginning in late afternoon, there are some tapas selections for which there is a nominal charge.

DH and I enjoyed the chicken salad, shrimp salad, and/or the Caprese sandwich a few times when we returned from shore excursions (no charge).

Bon Appetit!

Chris from MI

Hi I am going on CB IN a month and was wondering what is at the International Cafe and if it is included or surcharge. Thanks in advance to anyone who helps out with this question...It is much appreciated!

Brittany

Everything at the International Cafe is free except: gelato, candy apples, choc. strawberries and the tapas at night. All sandwiches, donuts, muffins, cakes/pastries, salads, etc. are free.

the menu/available items changes depending on the time of day. On the Crown, it was open 24 hours. From the Princess website, I see it isn't a 24 hr place on the Ruby. Not sure of the hours on the CB but I sure hope it's 24 hours (I like my 5 AM coffee and chocolate croissant).

In the morning they have fresh baked croisssants and donuts; all are excellent. For lunch hours there are salads available that are excellent. All of those are free of charge. Late afternoon there are a variety of tapas; not sure of the price but it was posted (I want to say around $5). They also have a variety of candy/chocolate apples, a wonderful chocolate fondue, chocolate covered strawberries, and excellent gelato in a variety of flavors-all for a charge. I think the gelato was 3.50 for 3 huge scoops in 2007 on the Crown; more than enough for 2 to share.

Yes extra, for some of the chocolates and candy apples etc. :)

I had their shrimp salad sandwich which is free...yummm They can keep their candy apples, I wouldn't even want one for free:rolleyes: but hey, that's just me;) I only wish the Island Princess had the Int'l Cafe'

the menu/available items changes depending on the time of day. On the Crown, it was open 24 hours. From the Princess website, I see it isn't a 24 hr place on the Ruby. Not sure of the hours on the CB but I sure hope it's 24 hours (I like my 5 AM coffee and chocolate croissant).

In the morning they have fresh baked croisssants and donuts; all are excellent. For lunch hours there are salads available that are excellent. All of those are free of charge. Late afternoon there are a variety of tapas; not sure of the price but it was posted (I want to say around $5). They also have a variety of candy/chocolate apples, a wonderful chocolate fondue, chocolate covered strawberries, and excellent gelato in a variety of flavors-all for a charge. I think the gelato was 3.50 for 3 huge scoops in 2007 on the Crown; more than enough for 2 to share.

The gelato is a very fattening inexpensive item. $1.50 for 3 scoops.

Totally agree with cruzinchris. Yummy chicken salad. And the pastries are to die for!

I had a spoonful of chicken salad and a spoonfull of shrimp salad several times during our 10-night cruise, usually when we returned to the ship following shore excursions. One afternoon the chicken salad looked different than it had previously - very yellow, and I think there was a little too much mustard powder. Other than that, the chicken salad is one of the best dishes I've had on Princess.

Bon Appetit!

Chris

I had a spoonful of chicken salad and a spoonfull of shrimp salad several times during our 10-night cruise, usually when we returned to the ship following shore excursions. One afternoon the chicken salad looked different than it had previously - very yellow, and I think there was a little too much mustard powder. Other than that, the chicken salad is one of the best dishes I've had on Princess.

Bon Appetit!

Chris

For some reason, the chicken salad on the Crown was much better than the chicken salad on the Ruby. Ruby had too much mayo. The shrimp salad as well. Too much vinegar on one ship over the other. The greek salad is wonderful and the marinated mushrooms are to die for.

Hi I am going on CB IN a month and was wondering what is at the International Cafe and if it is included or surcharge. Thanks in advance to anyone who helps out with this question...It is much appreciated!

Brittany

I loved the International Cafe and highly recommend the chocolate donuts, shrimp salad, and the Greek salad.

Thanks for posting this, and to all who have replied. You are very helpful. Will be on the Emerald in two months, our very first Princess cruise (have cruised before, though). Looking forward to it.

Just to be clear, are the items available for purchase, clearly marked? Am I to assume it is all included unless there is a sign stating the charge?

Thanks so much.

Thanks for posting this, and to all who have replied. You are very helpful. Will be on the Emerald in two months, our very first Princess cruise (have cruised before, though). Looking forward to it.

Just to be clear, are the items available for purchase, clearly marked? Am I to assume it is all included unless there is a sign stating the charge?

Thanks so much.

Anything that has a charge is clearly marked. No wondering on your part. Besides which, if it has a charge be sure they'll be asking for your card. :D

Thanks so much.

Yes they are marked. Most of the pay for items are kept in a separate case such as the gelato, caramel apples and fondue. TIP: If they ask for your cruise card, it is not free.

Archived