Ft Lauderdale Hotel - Pre-Cruise

Mark

Question for you folks who normally fly into Ft Lauderdale before your cruise and stay in Ft Lauderdale at a hotel.

What hotels do you all normally stay at, where is it located,what are the good points and bad points, how good is the hotel and how much do they charge per night?

Please advise

Thanks

Mark:cool:

We stayed at the Embassy Suites on 17th street. It is close enough to the port that you might be able to see your ship. We could see ours but not any of the other ships in port. (We were on Star Princess.) They have a good complimentary continental breakfast also.

Stayed at both Holiday Inn Express Convention Center and Embassy Suites 17th Street.

Staying at Embassy Suites again March 10th.

Recommend either one but like the idea of having the free evening cocktail hour, and

free FULL breakfast which the Embassy Suites offer.

Embassy Suites location might be a little better to a larger variety of shopping, restaurants, drug stores, and liquor stores, But HIEX is only about a block from Embassy Suites so no big deal either one.

In 2007 we stayed at the Embassy Suites on 17th Street. Loved the location. Nice shopping center behine the hotel. I thought it was a bit pricey, when we went in February. It's very nice, clean and the freebies were a plus. We paid $250+ a night....No shuttle!

In November, we decided to book Hyatt Place right near the Embassy and accessible to the same shopping center. I just booked it for $109+....Shuttle available from the airport and to Port Everglades, free breakfast. I'm sure it won't compare to Embassy's, but it will do until we get to the ship.

Hope this helps in making your decision.

Judy

Has anyone been here lately ?

I looked at othere sites for same room pretax $129 - $149 a night.

Just booked this - $87 plus tax = $99

April 25th,2009

http://www.easyclicktravel.com/hp.aspx

Ocean Sky Hotel and Resortspacer.gif

Virtual_Icon.gifVirtual Tour available.aspx?did=3739&brochureid=HHH1201329&mtype=3744

4060 Galt Ocean Drive

Beach Area

Fort Lauderdale FL 33308

USA

Stayed at the Yankee Clipper last month and was very pleased. The public areas are getting rather tired but the room was clean, the linens and beds new and comfortable....the location on the beach was terrific and the price was right.:)

geez...the Yankee Clipper...I remember staying there years ago for New Year's week...can't remember the year but Eastern Airlines was still in business and the Yankees had a catcher named Rick Cerone...he was on my Eastern flight....I can remember back then that the Yankee Clipper was showing age and needed a complete makeover...but the location was outstanding! I am surprised that the hotel is still standing and that it is still carrying the Sheraton name with the age and condition...I bet it will be demolished soon...

We stayed at the Pelican Grand Beach Resort for 3 nights before a cruise in 2007 and had a wonderful stay. A little further up the coast and a bit away from the port/marina action but still close enough to the water taxi's to remain connected. We were looking for R & R and this provided a perfect stay. Great pool and beach, wonderful "Grand-Floridian" atmosphere with the wrap around veranda and roof-top observation decks. Would likely try to book this again if we sail out of Fort Lauderdale in the future or on a land vacation.

You have a lot of choices when sailing from Port Everglades:)

I have stayed at the following properties over the years:

Amerisuites (now known as Hyatt Place) stayed here 3 times.

Twice as the first, last time was a Hyatt

Hyatt Pier 66

Marriott Marina (now known as FL Grande)

Sheraton Yankee Clipper

The 17th Street area has lots of shops and restaurants

while the beach has...well THE BEACH;)

There is also Las Olas Blvd.....which I happen to LOVE

as well.

You have plenty of choices!:)

Archived