Food

Lawingnutz

Most items for room service are free. There are exceptions such as $3.00 charge for whole pizzas delivered to your room. Just read menus in room and if any questions just ask.:) We ordered chocolate milk for grand daughter and was told there was a charge, and we all know she got it!:D

There is plenty of free food onboard the ship :)

The buffet, main dining rooms, international cafe (most items are free), trident grill with burgers, etc, and the pizza parlor all have food that is free.

The alternate dining rooms like Crown Grill and Sabatinis have a cover charge. The international cafe charges for tapas in the evening and also for a few things during the day. You always pay for soda, but iced tea, coffee, and milk are free all day.

Room service also has free items all day long.

What food on board the Princess is free and what do you have to pay for?

There are all sorts of places to get something to eat, do you have to pay for it?

The regular menu items are free in the Traditional Dining Room

and the Anytime Dining Rooms. There usually are 5 or 6 entrees to choose on the dinner menus. In addition, there are always dishes such as steak, chicken and seafood, pasta and ceasars salad available each night.

Princess home made ice cream is free in the dining rooms during lunch and dinner.

Food is free in the Horizon Court buffet which is open 24/7.

Pizza is free but available for limited times. Hamburgers and

hot dogs are free in the gril area near the pool. Princess ice cream is free on one side of the Horizon Court serving areas

between 3:30 and 4:30 in the afternoon. :)

The Haagen-Dazs premium ice cream stand near the pool is not free. :p

On the newer Princess ships which have an International Cafe many of the food items are free and there is a charge for others which are marked. There are fresh baked cookies and great deserts available for free. ;)

There is a surcharge for meals in any of the specialty restaurants.

You will have plenty of choices for food items which are free.

You wont go hungry on your cruise. ;)

May you have fair skies and calm seas for your cruise.

While I think everyone has answered you initial question I suggest you concentrate on the flip side as the list is much shorter.

You have to pay extra for:

Specialty restaurants (i.e. Crown Grill (steak house), Sabatini’s (Italian)

Ultimate Balcony Dining either breakfast or diner

Haagen-dazz ice cream bar

Whole pizza delivered by room service

Some item at the International Café – they will be marked

Booze

Specialty coffee drinks and fresh brewed coffee (vice made with syrup)

I believe I’ve covered everything. Now look at the post by CruisJack and see ALL you can get free. TRUST ME YOU WILL NOT STARVE!

We have been cruising forever and have yet to find the need to pay extra for any food.

Enjoy your cruise.

Most items for room service are free. There are exceptions such as $3.00 charge for whole pizzas delivered to your room. Just read menus in room and if any questions just ask.:) We ordered chocolate milk for grand daughter and was told there was a charge, and we all know she got it!:D

just order 1 piece short of a whole one and do it again later if u want:rolleyes:

I know that juice is available during breakfast, but is juice free in the Horizon Court all day? On other cruiselines, I've seen juice available from dispensers in the buffet along with iced tea and coffee. Thanks!

Juice is only free with breakfast in the dining room and Horizon Court.

Hey speaking of food, I wonder if anyone has purchased the Princess cookbook. I was on the NYE cruise this year on Emerald, and one of the best things we ate was Turkey breast with Gorgonzola sauce. I would love to have this recipe. Anyone out there have it??

Thanks!

Bonnie:cool:

Hey speaking of food, I wonder if anyone has purchased the Princess cookbook. I was on the NYE cruise this year on Emerald, and one of the best things we ate was Turkey breast with Gorgonzola sauce. I would love to have this recipe. Anyone out there have it??

Thanks!

Bonnie:cool:

We received a cookbook during the Chef's Table dinner on the Coral last month. I am looking at the index and I don't see the Turkey with Gorgonzola recipe.

Cindy

Is Afternoon Tea in the dining room still served every day or only on sea days?

Afternoon tea has no charge. The scones are excellent.

I have the cookbook, but it doesn't have all the recipes. I have occasionally asked for a recipe on board and usually the next night the waiter will bring me a printed copy.

The international items and the sushi in vines is not that expensive. Heck, it's only money and hopefully one would have had time enough to save some spending money before boarding. Can't take it with you....:D

Bob

Diamond Princess Aus/NZ 01/09

Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Celebrity Constellation British Isles/Norway 07/06

Celebrity Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Celebrity Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

Spledour Of The Seas Baltic 09/99

HAL Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Carnival Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

I just got off the phone with Princess and would love to confirm something the agent told me.

Can you order off the dining room dinner menu for room service? I was under the impression that option was only available to full suites but according to the agent you can do it for any category even inside.

Anyone have experience with this and can confirm one way or t'other?

I just got off the phone with Princess and would love to confirm something the agent told me.

Can you order off the dining room dinner menu for room service? I was under the impression that option was only available to full suites but according to the agent you can do it for any category even inside.

Anyone have experience with this and can confirm one way or t'other?

Your agent is incorrect; this is no longer offered except for full suites.

I was surprised that the PRINCESS 1-800-PRINCESS AGENT claimed that it was for all categories. I'm on a full suite the next few cruises so I don't really care either way but was surprised at what she said.

I'm looking forward to the UBD (Dinner).

Archived