NCL to Sail from Port Canaveral

NCL_Cruiser

I don't want to be mean or greedy but I am disappointed. NCL has said that the only reason they can't replace the Majesty in Charleston is because they don't have a ship to deploy to that port. Now all of a sudden one is available and being moved to Port Canaveral which already has many ships and another huge one (Carnival Dream) to be arriving shortly.

I know none of them are NCL but there are still many choices.

Yea I completely agree...

While we usually drive the 9 hours to port canaveral, there is nothing about either itenerary to make us want to book these trips...I was really crossing my fingers for a ship in Charleston but oh well....now I can only hope that Celebrity will send a ship after the Mercury leaves the fleet:rolleyes:

And I would really like to see the Dream back as well, but apparantly that's not going to happen either.

It says February 12th, Thursday. Can someone tell me how far it is from Orlando to Port C? Is it closer than what we've been doing, FLL to Miami? We're excited too. I've never been to Key West!

Orlando is approx 1 hour to Port Canaveral depending on traffice

Great. It's a good thing they love cruising, because I bet they hate Orlando. Nothing there for kids ;)

RFLMAO, too funny.

We are doing Disney this October any chance they will move it up for me?

Do you thing they will include hot dogs on the new itenary? Sorry Monte couldnt resist

Another thing... More competition for the overpriced Disney Cruises! I was fooled once into thinking Disney was a better cruise choice with my 2 children when I sailed the Magic from Port Canaveral. Really hope Disney is forced to reduce their prices with the added competition.

RFLMAO, too funny.

We are doing Disney this October any chance they will move it up for me?

Do you thing they will include hot dogs on the new itenary? Sorry Monte couldnt resist

We're in Orlando in May and then again in Nov. And then again probably next Dec.

They better have some hot dogs at the sail away BBQ ;)

I've heard good things about sailing out of Port Canaveral, hubby and I love Universal Studios, and the new itineraries sound good, so I'm liking this news :D.

Thanks, NCL_Cruiser, for posting it.

We're into Studios as well. The wife can't wait for the Harry Potter area to open next year.

We're sure enough we'll be going I've added it to my signature (of course I may have to fine tune the date)

Universal can't be beat. We have been going there since they first opened in 1990. Their season passes are so much more reasonable than that 'other' park in Orlando. Not talking Sea World either...

We actually bought an annual pass when we were there a few months ago (which is why we're going back in May). We have bought the Orlando Flex ticket a couple time (Universal/Islands/SeaWorld/Busch Gardens/Wet & Wild). It's also a good deal. (also our last 3 or 4 trips to SeaWorld they've offered a 2nd day free there)

My sister loves that other park (as do I, but I find it too overpriced) so November will be there.

BTW-b4 Universal was officially open we were there and I called them on our next to last night in Orlando. They said they had a soft opening the following day and tickets were something like $15. We had a blast!!!

We're into Studios as well. The wife can't wait for the Harry Potter area to open next year.

We're sure enough we'll be going I've added it to my signature (of course I may have to fine tune the date)

:cool: That you and your dear wife are into Studios :cool:

More Awesome news!!!!! I didn't know about the Harry Potter area, so thanks for the information :).

LOL! about already adding the cruise to your signiture :D.

We purchased a future cruise credit while on the Pearl a couple of weeks ago, so it seems safe to say where it will be used :D.

More Awesome news!!!!! I didn't know about the Harry Potter area, so thanks for the information :).

Did you find Universal Studios website info (about the H Potter area-I say that 'cause it's more than one attraction)? I can lookup the link if you like.

I think it's called "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter"

-Monte

monte, thank you, for posting the website!

I went to the regular website then couldn't get search to work and didn't see the Harry Potter info. so the website you posted is appreciated a lot.

I did see that the Simpson exhibit is open and Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit is opening in the spring.

Off to look at your website and the HP stuff :cool::cool::cool:.

Just hope they don't take out Men In Black (at least until I can beat hubby's score, lol!) and Spiderman :D.

It'll be at Islands so Men in Black is safe & it's gonna be far from Spidy so that's OK also.

However, the Sinbad stunt show will bite the big one and Poseidons Fury might as well. It appears that they'll incorporate Dueling Dragons into the HP area. Hogwarts Castle was under construction when we were there.

monte, thank you, for posting the website!

I went to the regular website then couldn't get search to work and didn't see the Harry Potter info. so the website you posted is appreciated a lot.

I did see that the Simpson exhibit is open and Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit is opening in the spring.

Off to look at your website and the HP stuff :cool::cool::cool:.

Just hope they don't take out Men In Black (at least until I can beat hubby's score, lol!) and Spiderman :D.

I really enjoyed the Sun a few years ago but the airfare to New Orleans has been too high for a repeat trip. Having 2 FL ports helps me with airfare options. We have a lot of flights to Orlando for obvious reasons from my part of Canada and sometimes even a direct flight which for me is a really rare and joyous thing... I am so excited about 2010 now. I want to book the Epic in the summer and then maybe a B2B on the Sun in Dec!!

I was checking the dates for Dec 2010 on the NCL site and there is a 14 day on the Sun departing on Dec 11 and returning on Dec 24 (with what I think is great pricing for 14 days). THEN we could spend Christmas Day at Disney before going back home!! I have always wanted to go to the parks at Christmas - I know it is really busy but it is on my list of must do things... This just gets better and better.

We took the 19 day repo to Santiago this last Nov. We loved it. We were going to do the 14 day next--i guess we will have to do it on another cruise line.

The new Carribean schedules have ports which are not very interesting-- how many times can you go so St. Thomas or Bermuda-- it may be good for the east coast people for their proximity to Florida but for the west coast it sucks--I guess it is time to take some land vacations in Hawaii or Mexico--which are closer to the west coast (socal).

I THINK I READ THAT HOLLAND AMERICA WILL CONTINUE TO CRUISE SOUTH AMERICA.

Big Green

Archived