Time to say Thank You

Pastormike

Hey Mike: after tomorrow you're a full fledged member of the cruising community. Try not to let your mouth hang open too much and try not to do it all on this cruise. There will be many more to accomplish that. One thing before you leave, after 8 cruises and many times reading this one hint on CC (thanks fellow CC addicts!), we finally purchased the proverbial over the door plastic shoe hanger and it was worth every penny. Our cameras and equipment, chargers and other little items were safely in the pouches hanging on the bathroom door ready to go when we were and the cabin was a lot less cluttered, hope you have time to get one. Bon Voyage! Wish I was there:o

Bon Voyage! Enjoy your first cruise and don't forget to sign up for the Crown and Anchor Society (RCI's benefit program). After your first completed cruise you are eligible to join and you become a Gold Member.

Have a wonderful time.

Kathy:)

Saturday my wife and I leave on our first cruise, 7 days in the southern Caribbean on Serenade of the seas.

I just wanted to thank those on the board, you have been very helpful. Thanks to your responses, and posts that I read throughout the boards, we have chosen our cabin, know better what to pack, understand the options for dining and made choices accordingly, we have scheduled tours you recommended and know what beaches we want to do, and so much more.

Only one person chose to be rude, I guess not understanding that some of this can be overwhelming for a first time cruiser. I am prepared and ready thanks in very large part to these boards and to those who have offered suggestions.

Now, to finally finish packing, print the airline ticket, and get ready to fly to San Juan!

I will come back in a week and whine that it is over!

Mike

Have a totally awesome time!!! Wish I were cruising next week! I know it can be confusing for the first cruise, I came here as well before my first trip and have enjoyed RCCL cruises and CC ever since.

Mike,

What can we say that all the above have not?

You have booked an excellent itin, you have a beautiful ship in Serenade. We've not sailed on her, yet. But have been on her sisters Brilliance and Jewel. Again, you've chosen an excellent ship. Have a wonderful first cruise and we cannot wait for your first cruise report!

Bon Voyage!!!

Rick and Deirdra

Hey Mike: after tomorrow you're a full fledged member of the cruising community. Try not to let your mouth hang open too much and try not to do it all on this cruise. There will be many more to accomplish that. One thing before you leave, after 8 cruises and many times reading this one hint on CC (thanks fellow CC addicts!), we finally purchased the proverbial over the door plastic shoe hanger and it was worth every penny. Our cameras and equipment, chargers and other little items were safely in the pouches hanging on the bathroom door ready to go when we were and the cabin was a lot less cluttered, hope you have time to get one. Bon Voyage! Wish I was there:o

I second that! In fact, I take two. I have a little $1 one inside the bathroom with toothpaste, deodorant, shaving stuff for DH, room deodorizer, and all the INSIDE BATHROOM stuff. Then I have a larger one on the cabin side of the bathroom door for all the stuff you have mentioned. Couldn't travel without it. Yes, there is lots of storage space in even the smallest inside cabin, but this is VISIBLE. No hunting for stuff. No clutter. Terrific!!

The Serenade has some of my favorite staff:

Dennis Woo - the tall happy Chinese fellow up in Windjammer

Ricky Ricardo - part of the Cruise Director's staff

Radi (nickname for a very complicated name) - in main dining room and

now promoted to supervisor in the Windjammer (if he's back from vacation)

And, of course, Carly B, the Cruise Director (if she hasn't moved on yet)

Now there is almost nothing you can't learn from these boards. I honestly don't know how we managed to have a good time any way! ;)

Bon voyage - you never forget your first!

You probably didn't try to hard to do everything and you made an effort not to stress and to relax.

Archived