more European voyages on discount

meow!

I just got an email about this too and was happy my previously non-discounted cruise was included. My TA was gone for the day so now I'm putting my question out there: we were in a D and just got an upgrade to a B1 for the fantastic price of $100 each. The D price has gone down $500/person from what we booked at, but now that we upgraded are we eligible for this discount? We're of course paying less than the price of a B1, even with the new pricing (which I think was only at the lower cabin levels). I'm feeling greedy to even ask, but we're feeling the pain of this new economy -- just not enough to cancel a much anticipated cruise.:)

Do not see any savings on the cabin we booked. We booked our cruise back in October is it is exacty the same price we are paying. Guess it does not include our cabin category, A-1.

Maybe other discounts will be forthcoming. Wait and see with fingers crossed.

I just got an email about this too and was happy my previously non-discounted cruise was included. My TA was gone for the day so now I'm putting my question out there: we were in a D and just got an upgrade to a B1 for the fantastic price of $100 each. The D price has gone down $500/person from what we booked at, but now that we upgraded are we eligible for this discount? We're of course paying less than the price of a B1, even with the new pricing (which I think was only at the lower cabin levels). I'm feeling greedy to even ask, but we're feeling the pain of this new economy -- just not enough to cancel a much anticipated cruise.:)

"Don't steal in slow motion."

Take that upgrade and RUN !!!!!!! You'll never regret it.

PS: After you do the arithmetic, I doubt you'll find you're entitled to additional savings.

I know my B1 cabin is certainly much less expensive at the D price plus the $100 upgrade fee, and I know we will enjoy the balcony. But I can't help but wonder if I would have taken the upgrade priced at $600, which is what it boils down to with the D discount available now and the $100 upgrade. The current economy has made this trip "more expensive" to us than when we booked it. The "new bookings" requirement doesn't really come into play before the final payments as you could simply cancel and rebook. There are obviously cabins available or they wouldn't have made the offer. I certainly didn't want to pay $600 for a larger window (original D to C difference), and although people tell me I will love the balcony, I am not in a mid-ship location and that does concern me a little.

I know my B1 cabin is certainly much less expensive at the D price plus the $100 upgrade fee, and I know we will enjoy the balcony. But I can't help but wonder if I would have taken the upgrade priced at $600, which is what it boils down to with the D discount available now and the $100 upgrade. The current economy has made this trip "more expensive" to us than when we booked it. The "new bookings" requirement doesn't really come into play before the final payments as you could simply cancel and rebook. There are obviously cabins available or they wouldn't have made the offer. I certainly didn't want to pay $600 for a larger window (original D to C difference), and although people tell me I will love the balcony, I am not in a mid-ship location and that does concern me a little.

If you are not in the penalty stage then cancel & rebook the cabin Cat you want.

Be sure to check the bottom line before cancelling your current booking.

Lyn

One other consideration is if you purchased third party insurance and needed pre-existing conditions covered. If you cancel and rebook, you may not be covered. Often times the policy does not cover pre-existing conditions unless it was the first and only booking for that particular trip.

Jo-Ann

The worst part about a balcony is that you'll never want to go back to a porthole. We had our first balcony in 2001, and about 90% of our cruises have been balcony cabins since (we've done a couple of wonderful itineraries where balconies didn't exist).

We've been placed fore, aft and midships on various cruises. It's not a big difference, and not a big deal unless you're REALLY prone to seasickness.

Well...It's starting to feel like they're discounting virtually every itinerary but OURS!

I think it's one of the corollaries to Murphy's Law...

The same itinerary as ours, but August 9 rather than June 27 is now discounted and several hundred dollars per person cheaper. When we first booked, we knew we wanted the itinerary and could have done it on either date. All things being fairly equal, we decided the June date, though slightly less convenient (My wife has to skip out on the last three days of her school district working year--after the kids have ended, though--in order for us to fly to Barcelona 3 nights early)...but we figured the weather should be slightly better...

Of course, we are not rescheduling for the lower fares--we've already got nonrefundable/nonreschedulable airline tickets for the dates worked around the June cruise...

If they get around to offering a price drop on our cruise, I am going to count on my very good travel agent to work something out with Oceania---either a price drop or an upgrade of cabin category. It doesn't really matter that much to me. I'll take either. Even if it's a cancellation and re-booking... I am already resigned to paying what we're paying. I just don't want to be PENALIZED with a lesser cabin at a higher price just because I committed early and booked over a year in advance...We booked April 9, 2008--almost FIFTEEN months prior to the cruise...That sort of committment should be rewarded, NOT penalized...

I understand Oceania not wanting to give up money they already have committed and their desire to attract NEW passengers...But it is a drastic mistake to penalize their existing customers.

As to changing locations on the ship to get the price break, that would not bother me in the least...I don't think there is that much of a difference between fore, aft and midship--except walking distance and convenience...but these ships are so small, it is easy walking distance from one end of the ship to the other...

We are in the same situation........It seems that lots of cruises are discounted.......but ours is not. (Rome to Stockholm, May 14, 2009). My travel agent said that the popular ones tend not to be discounted. I guess that makes sense for the business, however, it is sort of maddening. I agree with another writer that I will be rather upset to learn others booking later get discounts, if that IS the cae, since we booked over a year in advance.

You are not alone, Bruin Steve, there are still quite a few not discounted, including ours. So far O has been honoring the discounts for those already booked. I'm sure we'll hear about it if somebody on one of the discounted cruises doesn't manage to get the discount applied.

We are in the same situation........It seems that lots of cruises are discounted.......but ours is not. (Rome to Stockholm, May 14, 2009).

The cruise is discounted for NEW bookings in Cat C1 & below

I guess part of my thinking is that I won't be happy with less than a balcony in the future, as Doug and Sherry pointed out. Glad to hear people say it doesn't matter that much where you are in the ship. I don't have a problem, but my college aged daughter is a little more sensitive to motion. Anyone been on a Greek Isles cruise in June who can tell me if the seas were calm for them? I need to be happy with a great deal on a B1 cabin, but when I got the email with the sale price so soon after my upgrade offer, I couldn't help but think about it.

Archived