Queen Victoria Fantastic

Dee James

We joined QV in Los Angeles and have been having a fabulous time.

The ship is as neat as a pin and the crew on the whole exceptionally helpful and friendly, we have struck a couple of Drinks Waiters to be somewhat rude but they are definitely in the minority and easily ignored.

We have found the found to be of a very high standard in both the Lido and Britannia Restaurant and the variety and presentation is very very good. Waiters are as usual exceptional and really go out of their way to make sure you have everything you want.

There is a very good mix of passenger nationalities which is making for some wonderful conversations. (Approximately: 770 UK, 495 USA, 195 Australia, 200 German and an eclectic mix making up the balance).

Balcony Cabin (A3) very good, coping with the storage issues so not really too much of a concern. Air-conditioning did not work for the first three days which was frustrating as it also controls the airflow in the Bathroom and seeing they are reasonably small you do need to have that Air-conditioning working. It was repaired at around 9pm on our third night and has not missed a beat since.

Entertainment is also very good with many different options to keep you moving around the ship each evening.

There are lots of smiles and laughter on most of the passengers faces - a good time is being had by all.

I think the QV will only get better as she settles into her role and the crew from the QE2 get used to a slightly different working environment.

Well done Cunard you are really working hard to deliver an exceptional at sea experience.

:p

We joined QV in Los Angeles and have been having a fabulous time.

The ship is as neat as a pin and the crew on the whole exceptionally helpful and friendly, we have struck a couple of Drinks Waiters to be somewhat rude but they are definitely in the minority and easily ignored.

We have found the found to be of a very high standard in both the Lido and Britannia Restaurant and the variety and presentation is very very good. Waiters are as usual exceptional and really go out of their way to make sure you have everything you want.

There is a very good mix of passenger nationalities which is making for some wonderful conversations. (Approximately: 770 UK, 495 USA, 195 Australia, 200 German and an eclectic mix making up the balance).

Balcony Cabin (A3) very good, coping with the storage issues so not really too much of a concern. Air-conditioning did not work for the first three days which was frustrating as it also controls the airflow in the Bathroom and seeing they are reasonably small you do need to have that Air-conditioning working. It was repaired at around 9pm on our third night and has not missed a beat since.

Entertainment is also very good with many different options to keep you moving around the ship each evening.

There are lots of smiles and laughter on most of the passengers faces - a good time is being had by all.

I think the QV will only get better as she settles into her role and the crew from the QE2 get used to a slightly different working environment.

Well done Cunard you are really working hard to deliver an exceptional at sea experience.

:p

Excellent, nice to hear. we are booked on the QV in May and are really looking forward to cruising on her again.

Waiters to be somewhat rude but they are definitely in the minority and easily ignored.

Watch out for the Lithuanian waiter in the Britannia restaurant, he is the double of the actor Steve Martin, having him as a waiter was like being in an episode of Faulty Towers

We were on the previous leg, Fort Lauderdale to LA and we totally agree with your comments.(although some other posts have indicated some minor problems from people who seem to expect total perfection))

We have previously been on a TA on the QM2 and thoroughly enjoyed that also.

We do not know which one we prefer, but we will have a chance to re-examine as we have a trip planned on the QM2 in September.

I was on the QV for the November Mediterranean Treasures cruise. I was a bit apprehensive since I am used to the 200 passenger ships, but was very impressed with the food, service, on board activities and passengers. It didn't feel like a 2000 passenger ship, as everything was handled quite efficiently. I was in the Brittania restaurant .

We tend to think that a ship is static, as regards to staff,service, entertainment etc. It is not so.

A change of staff, Captain, Cruise Director, all affect how we view our experience. Even where you are in the Dining Room and which waiter you have can affect your enjoyment.

Recently on QV the table was inconvenient , the waiter (female) was cold, never offered any suggestions, never brought any "tidbits extra" doled out the after dinner cakes as though she was having to pay for them - one per passenger - was our "allowance"

The wine waiter was only interested if you were prepared to drink a bottle of the "on the menu recommended wine" per night. As a solo trveller, who wnted to "save" an inexpensive wine for another night, I was treated with his comtempt.

One night I was at a completely different table , it was nigh versus day. The waiter greeted me with a smile even though I was only there for the one night. The normal table people told me he always made suggestions, brought additional plates to the table so they could "try " things they had not ordered, placed a full plate of cakes on the table after dinner for us to help ourselves. It was a pleasure to be at that table.

He even brought my after dinner tea in a pot, with the slice of lemon I requested. at my regular table , even though I asked for a "pot of XXXX tea with slice of lemon' it often came in a cup of hot water with a tea bag floating in it, and I never got lemon. after asking for it three nightrs running I gave up , it was "flogging a dead horse" .

I do not think expecting First class service, attention to detail, correct billing, is expecting perfection. Cunard is Ritz Carlton price, if I wanted a Motel Six experience I have would chosen a ship in that price range.

Do not get me wrong, I like Cunard, it ws just that too mny things went wrong on this last trip.

Archived