Day Light Savings Help

planb

So will we loose and hour of our cruise?? We sail and on the Sunday it changes to daylight savings, will the ship change their time than too???:confused:

Cruise out of LA but into international waters than back to LA. I guess I should just be glad I'm going on a cruise but may make difference wheh in port to get back to ship. Thanks

The ship time is the local time. When doing an ocean crossing for several days, the time is adjusted in one hour increments so that it is easy to adjust to. There will be announcements about the time change in the Patters and your room steward will leave a note on your pillow reminding you.

Just to confuse things further --- A couple of years ago, the US changed daylight saving time from the 1st Sunday in April to the 2nd Sunday in March the year. But Mexico still adheres to the old standard. This results in a 3-week period of confusion on port times.

When you go ashore there is a clock and a notice by the gangway as to what the current ships time is and what time you need to be back onboard the ship. So set you watch to ships time and be back by the time the notice says. Don't worry about local time, just go by ships time.

So will we loose and hour of our cruise?? We sail and on the Sunday it changes to daylight savings,

Yes, your cruise will end up being one hour less.

The cure is to be on a cruise in the fall when you can gain the hour back when the U.S. switches back to standard time.

Now I'm concerned. What happens to the time we lose? Do we get interest on it?

And what happens if we are able to make time? Are we taxed? Are there forms? If we run out of time, or waste our time, can Congress pass a bill granting us extra time by taking it away from the people who have spare time?

Oh, heck, just keep on ship's time and don't worry about the details.

And what happens if we are able to make time? Are we taxed? Are there forms? If we run out of time, or waste our time, can Congress pass a bill granting us extra time by taking it away from the people who have spare time?

They should demand compensation for the lost hour. Everyone on that cruise should line up at the Purser's Desk as soon as the get onboard and loudly demand compensation, refusing to leave without it.

Time and again we are faced with timely remarks by those whose timepieces have failed and should always carry a timetable or timekeeper in time-honored tradition. Then again, perhaps they should take a time-out and buy a land based timeshare so as not to concern themselves with timeless nonsense. WHEW!

On one hand it really doesn't matter. Jut make note of the time that the ship's clock is set to before leaving the ship (and perhaps set you watch to that time). The time listed in Patter to be back onboard for that day is relative to ship time. Some cruiselines don't move ships time while others will adjust to local port time. If they do move the clocks it will be at night. Since DST kicks in during your cruise and if Princess don't normally adjust their times, then they will have to during your cruise (or I guess wait until your cruise disembarks and before the next cruise embarks)

It was included in the Stimulus Bill that just past. It was on page 1021 or was it 324, maybe 893 - oh just read the whole thing and maybe you'll find it. I did and couldn't find anything that will create jobs, just more power for those in power.

Time and again we are faced with timely remarks by those whose timepieces have failed and should always carry a timetable or timekeeper in time-honored tradition. Then again, perhaps they should take a time-out and buy a land based timeshare so as not to concern themselves with timeless nonsense. WHEW!

I see that we both have too much time on our hands.

Thank you everyone! We did o on a cruise that hit falling back and 2 other time zones and it was the 1st cruise we saw people miss the ship. We however will just set by the clock leaving the ship and enjoy not having to worry about time or checking into the office. Happy sails to all grabbing the shorts and such so really starting to get ready for some saling away !:D

Boarding will be around noon and noon will still be noon.

Could not have said it better, if you board on sunday, by midmorning the time has changed, the folks on the last cruise have lost a hour between midnight (or is it 2 am?) and disembark, the crew who are responsible for turning over a ship in a few hours time have lost an hours sleep etc......

No wonder we got a good deal on our April TA--we lose 5 hours by the time we get to Europe and an additional hour by the time we get to Italy. How do I figure the percentage of time we've lost so I can demand a refund of this time, with interest of course! lol

I know this is a serious question but spongrob, you gave me quite the giggle!!

As a first time cruiser, coming up in July, this thread caught my attention. We will be in Alaska where there is a 3 hr time diff between them and what we are used to. I am thinking our first few days will be a big adjustment, us dead tired and ready for bed at 9 pm!

Archived