Nyc pre-cruise theatre question

05mak05

We're planning our stay in Manhattan. We have rooms at the Hampton Times Square which has great ratings at http://www.tripadvisor.com

We need help with suggestions for plays. We have tickets to "Lion King." We'd love to see "Jersey Boys," too. The only tickets left are mezzanine. I can't tell from the August Wilson seating chart if the mezzanine is in back of the orchestra section or if it overlaps the back rows of the orchestra section. Have any of you been to the TKT Booth lately? If so, what plays are currently going at discount rates? And, then, Chinatown - I've lost the recommendations for restaurants and can't find the link. Thanks much as always for all of your great tips.

Here is a link to see what was at the booth last week:http://www.tdf.org/TDF_SupportPage.aspx?id=68&do=v

The front rows of the mezzanine hang over the orchestra. Any front mezzanine tickets are acceptable if you have short notice, imo. If you can get tickets to Jersey Boys, grab them, you won't be sorry. You can also join playbill.com for free and order tickets for slightly less than 50% but at least you will know what you will be seeing ahead of time.

We're planning our stay in Manhattan. We have rooms at the Hampton Times Square which has great ratings at http://www.tripadvisor.com

We need help with suggestions for plays. We have tickets to "Lion King." We'd love to see "Jersey Boys," too. The only tickets left are mezzanine. I can't tell from the August Wilson seating chart if the mezzanine is in back of the orchestra section or if it overlaps the back rows of the orchestra section. Have any of you been to the TKT Booth lately? If so, what plays are currently going at discount rates? And, then, Chinatown - I've lost the recommendations for restaurants and can't find the link. Thanks much as always for all of your great tips.

• 5 years later...

We went to see Lion King in Toledo and Vegas. Great show and worth it. And we went to see Jersey Boys in Toledo. Strong language but it was also well worth the money. I would go see them again in a heart beat.

Mezzanine for Jersey Boys is fine. We saw it in one of the first rows of the mez. amd I'd recommend that over the rear of the orchestra. The mez has a significant overhang, so you've got a very good view of the stage.

You can save money at TKTS, but you may take your entire day waiting in line, and end up with something other than the show you wanted to see. If you really want a specific show, on a specific night, buy a full price ticket. IMHO, YMMV...

We went to see Lion King in Toledo and Vegas. Great show and worth it. And we went to see Jersey Boys in Toledo. Strong language but it was also well worth the money. I would go see them again in a heart beat.

FYI, you answered a question that was posted in 2009. I think they've come and gone by now. ;)

And I fell for it, too! Does nothing ever get archived on this board!

Nothing...I think it's one of Cruise Critic's greatest flaws. All they would have to do is lock any threads that haven't been active for a specified time...say 6 months. They'd still be available to read, but you just wouldn't be able to post on them.

At least the thread was already active today when you posted. ;)

Nothing...I think it's one of Cruise Critic's greatest flaws. All they would have to do is lock any threads that haven't been active for a specified time...say 6 months. They'd still be available to read, but you just wouldn't be able to post on them.

At least the thread was already active today when you posted. ;)

Yeah, I actually moderate on a totally unrelated site, and one of the things I love about our software (one of the few things, admittedly), is that threads always remain chronological and cannot be bumped to the top. And, older posts are archived and remain viewable but can't be resurrected...