Crusing to Cuba - Royal Caribbean

cooncat

Hi folks,

I have an interesting question for you folks. If the travel ban to Cuba was lifted and the cruise lines were to start to go there. How many of you would go?

Myself, I would jump at the opportunity to go. It would be very interesting.

I wold be the first in line. I think it is due time that it is opend up, maybe new US President and Castro in the end of a long life will open up.

I think a cruise out from Miami, to Cuba will be a fantastc itinerayr. Overnighte in Havana.....Party...

I'd go in a heartbeat (and being Canadian, I already can...)

I have a couple of friends who've been there. One to Havana, the other went to Varadero. Both said it was very nice and a really unique experience.

I'd love to see a cruise that went there as part of a Caribbean cruise - seeing it off the port side of the Grandeur a few weeks ago was like a tease. So close, yet so far!

I’m in! I think with Castro on his way out (if he isn’t gone already) and the fact that his brother has already opened the lines of communication with our new president we could be cruising there within the next couple of years:) I am sure that all the major cruise lines have plans on the table just waiting for this market to open.

I would definitely be there! But I would want to go fairly soon after the ban is lifted, before all the Americans rush in and ruin everything. I want to see all the old architecture and the old cars. Maybe if the cruise lines go there it will be an overnight destination, like Bermuda. Maybe overnight in both cities.

We wouldn't be at all surprised if it opened up for cruising within a few years, and we'd be in line at the first opportunity!

A few years ++++???

i THINK it will be open earlyer...Maybe this year ( I Hope ) This will be a real boost for the cruise industry.

AJ and Emily,

If you are worried about "Americans" messing it up, you can go there now. It's not illegal for Americans to go to Cuba, you just can't get a direct flight there from America unless you are Cuban. Many people fly to Cancun or Dominican Republic and then fly to Cuba from there. Better hurry, sounds like the Americans are coming right when the people in Guantanamo Bay are leaving.

Take action now and ask your representative to co-sponsor H.R. 874.

The purpose of H.R. 874 is "To allow travel between the United States and Cuba" - for all Americans, no exceptions. It was introduced by Representatives Bill Delahunt (D-MA) and Jeff Flake (R-AZ), along with these original co-sponsors:

Rep. Rosa L. DeLauro [CT-3], Rep. Donna F. Edwards [MD-4], Rep. Jo Ann Emerson [MO-8], Rep. Sam Farr [CA-17], Rep. James P. McGovern [MA-3], Rep. Jerry Moran [KS-1], Rep. Ron Paul [TX-14]

Archived